Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

midsummer meet??

Old 06-16-2007, 06:20 PM
shortbed7.3
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
midsummer meet??

ok people ,dont let those burgers from the mass meet make you tired,time to start plannin the next meet. since we didnt pull down anyone from far north ,how bout a meet close to the ct-mass border? start soundin off with ideas!

Old 06-16-2007, 09:13 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by shortbed7.3
ok people ,dont let those burgers from the mass meet make you tired,time to start plannin the next meet. since we didnt pull down anyone from far north ,how bout a meet close to the ct-mass border? start soundin off with ideas!

I tell you what Matt. Plan something and run it by us..

Ken and I were thinking maybe we should plan something to draw members from RI & ME

Old 06-17-2007, 05:32 AM
dzlpwr
Senior User
Matt whats wrong with the one you are trying here?
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/c...lley-july.html

Old 06-20-2007, 10:45 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,060 Likes on 4,160 Posts
HEY NEW ENGLAND...SOUND OFF...IS THERE GOING TO BE A GTG IN JULY OR NOT?!? LEOMINSTER WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR MANY...KEENE IN MARCH WASN'T MUCH BETTER...SALISBURY IN APRIL WAS A DISASTER...DYNO DAYS IN CT IN MAY ONLY DREW 5 FROM MA/VT/NH...BIG JUNE BASH IN GREENFIELD DREW ABOUT 40...NOBODY FROM RI OR ME...HOW ABOUT SOMETHING IN EASTERN MASS...IF WE DO THAT ARE WE GOING TO MEET SOME OF YOU WHO RESIDE IN MAINE AND RHODE ISLAND?!?...LET'S HEAR FROM SOMEONE WITH SOME IDEAS!!!

KEN

Old 06-20-2007, 04:07 PM
tattoo_skullhead
Freshman User
greenfield drew 40??????? there was only 15 trucks there and 9 of them came from ct. we have around 20 trucks every sunday at our weekly meet...why dont you guys just plan to come there one sunday at least you know there will be 20 - 30 trucks

Old 06-20-2007, 04:48 PM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by tattoo_skullhead
greenfield drew 40??????? there was only 15 trucks there and 9 of them came from ct. we have around 20 trucks every sunday at our weekly meet...why dont you guys just plan to come there one sunday at least you know there will be 20 - 30 trucks
Keith...18 trucks and 41 people...not everybody who attended drove a truck and that was what I was referring to...when we came to Dyno Days only 5 from MA/VT/NH showed up. I was hoping that we could attract more members from ME/RI by having an event in Eastern Mass...fully realizing that with gas/fuel in the $3 range, it is hard for some people to drive very long distances. I know that you must have spent around $75 on gas to attend the Big June Bash and it is unreasonable to expect people to do that on a regular basis. As I've said before...you guys from Connecticut are nuts...your enthusiasm and devotion to your Ford trucks is amazing...very impressive indeed. My thoughts...and I've run this by Sean...are that smaller regional meets on a regular basis would increase enthusiasm...and on occassion events like your clubs Dyno Days and the Big June Bash Ford of Greenfield put on would attract larger crowds. Thanx for your input...it is always welcome. By the way...your Bronco on the Bowtie and the Chrysler is my screensaver!!!

Old 06-20-2007, 05:46 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Ok' Gang here is what I'm thinking. Have a meet at a State park or something like that with a Pot luck BBQ. Where everyone from all States can join in. I really would like people from every State in New England including CT. How about we Start off by picking a place that could be Equal distance for everyone. I really would like to see this really shine. But I also want everyones help in this.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:14 PM
tattoo_skullhead
Freshman User
yeah i spent about $75 going to greenfield and ill spend it again in a heartbeat...but thats just me..maybe we gotta try to make it closer for those guys..would be nice if everyone brought their trucks though...i didnt realize 40 or so showed up i was going by truck count....now why wouldnt they bring their trucks?

Old 06-20-2007, 06:22 PM
trackspeeder
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah i spent about $75 going to greenfield and ill spend it again in a heartbeat...but thats just me..maybe we gotta try to make it closer for those guys..would be nice if everyone brought their trucks though...i didnt realize 40 or so showed up i was going by truck count....now why wouldnt they bring their trucks?
They don't have a truck. The truck is not ready for the road,or cheap like me. Better to bum a ride.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:48 PM
dzlpwr
Senior User
Want my opinion?I had a blast up there in Mass and would not have a problem doing it again ,but I think that each state should do there own thing like us down here in Ct on a regular basis and then every 2 or 3 months get a North East meet going somewhere like what we just had up at Ford Of Greenfield.It just seems that there is not a real lot of enthusiasm from some of the other states.Time for you guys in other states to start exploring other forums,passing out club cards ,etc to get some members going for your respective states.Again its just my opinion if you guys are really into getting something going here.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:12 PM
BIGKEN
Great insight and thoughts from the CT folks...Shane my thoughts exactly...regional GTGs...periodic larger group gatherings (such as the Greenfield meet, CT's Dyno Day, etc.) Hopefully Ford of Greenfield will be able to justify expanding on the idea of the Big June Bash next year. I know that it has been mentioned and I have discussed the idea with the owners who whole heartedly back the idea. In order for this to happen, however, other FTE members will have to get involved in the planning and execution. sglaine, shortbed7.3, shortbed's wife Patty gave me a lot of help in planning the GTG. Matt and Patty even made a special trip to Greenfield to attend a brainstorming luncheon! Let's build some momentum!!!
Right on about why some didn't bring rigs. Some (me) don't own them...some like Dan (7283-F250) and Alec (48 Fordster) haven't got their rigs road ready yet...some like Pat (Down hill Pat) have had mechanical difficulty. We hope to see some of these guys AND their rigs in the near future.

Ken

Old 06-20-2007, 09:41 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Great insight and thoughts from the CT folks...Shane my thoughts exactly...regional GTGs...periodic larger group gatherings (such as the Greenfield meet, CT's Dyno Day, etc.) Hopefully Ford of Greenfield will be able to justify expanding on the idea of the Big June Bash next year. I know that it has been mentioned and I have discussed the idea with the owners who whole heartedly back the idea. In order for this to happen, however, other FTE members will have to get involved in the planning and execution. sglaine, shortbed7.3, shortbed's wife Patty gave me a lot of help in planning the GTG. Matt and Patty even made a special trip to Greenfield to attend a brainstorming luncheon! Let's build some momentum!!!
Right on about why some didn't bring rigs. Some (me) don't own them...some like Dan (7283-F250) and Alec (48 Fordster) haven't got their rigs road ready yet...some like Pat (Down hill Pat) have had mechanical difficulty. We hope to see some of these guys AND their rigs in the near future.

Ken

Very well put BIG MAN..

Old 06-20-2007, 11:00 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Sean,

Seeing as how you are the chapter leader... Is there a way you could check to see if there are people on FTE from MA, NH, RI, Etc... that may be just going to other forums and not the New England Chapter forum?

There has to be more people on FTE than just the 20 or so who have been participating..

Maybe you could send them a PM invite...

I can't believe that there is only my son and I from northeast area of MA..

Old 06-21-2007, 03:50 AM
tattoo_skullhead
Freshman User
any chance ford of greenfield would donate an f350 so i can do a diesel, tranny, axle swap on the bronco?lol

Old 06-21-2007, 07:35 AM
BIGKEN
any chance ford of greenfield would donate an f350 so i can do a diesel, tranny, axle swap on the bronco?lol
Keith...I don't see that as being a problem...would you like a 6.9??...or perhaps a 7.3??...how about a 6.0??...or the new gold standard a 6.4?? Call me at 1-800-oh-u-812 and we can get this done tonight!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: midsummer meet??