List C02 sources?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Murphy2000
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
List C02 sources?

Its one of the biggest greenhouse gasses we have a problem with... It comes from almost everywhere and we are trying to limit how much we produce..

Its our biggest problem.. You'd think it would be cheap and easy to come by but like hydrogen, even though its everywhere, its hard to collect.

List your ideas for C02 sources here...

I'm doing research on creating a small algae farm to produce enough oil for personal fuel requirements.

The goal is a setup that cost less than $5k to make, takes up less than 2000 square feet of outdoor space, and will produce enough algae to make enough oil for personal biodiesel volumes.

The major obstical is finding sources of C02 that are free...

Some ideas,
Generator exhaust (for those who use them)
Home heating exhaust (captured and stored during the winter for summer use)
Wood burning for the exclusive purpose of capturing the exhaust.

Anyone?

As a side note: Someone needs to tell JEGS advertising that their flashing banner is very annoying.

Old 05-19-2007, 03:56 PM
clux
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not following--what do you need the CO2 for? What's wrong with the CO2 that's in the air?

Old 05-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Murphy2000
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clux
I'm not following--what do you need the CO2 for? What's wrong with the CO2 that's in the air?
There is not enough of it available in the air to spur the exponetial growth required to grow algae without using up 50 acres.

You have to feed the algae CO2 to stimulate enough growth for the project to work in a small area..