6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Hot Shot's Secret - Oil Additive

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Reidicus
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot Shot's Secret - Oil Additive

Just recieved a bottle of Hot Shot's Secret Oil Additive. Going in to do an oil change (perfect timing too!) and test it out to see if it will improve my injectors. Anyone tried it yet and noticed any improvements?

Last edited by FTE Jason; 05-17-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:11 PM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Never heard of it. IMO, I wouldn't add it until you hear from more of the experts.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:22 PM
a-rod
Posting Guru
Ive been wanting to try it as well. Let us know how it works out. suppose to be good stuff.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Reidicus
Senior User
Ok, its in along with the new oil. I'll keep all of you informed.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Georgecls
New User
I think you will be very pleased with the results of this additive in your engine. Normally, from a lube engineer's perspective, I am not an additive person and do not recommend them. But in this case, with this engine and its potential problems, this additive really does address the issues of this engine. The additive is totally beneficial and is a win/win in this engine's case. As a preventive measure, it *will* keep your truck out of the shop concerning injector issues...
George Morrison, STLE CLS

Old 05-07-2007, 01:22 PM
a-rod
Posting Guru
Do you have experience with it Georgecls?

Old 05-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Georgecls
New User
Yes, I do have first hand experience with the product. We had a towing customer (who we sold engine oil to) whose two new Ford wreckers were in the garage with injector issues more than they were out and driving him nuts. We tried the product in total desperation as nothing Ford suggested was working. He was losing considerable dollars in that his brand NEW trucks were essentially non-usable and more than once he had to tow both his new wrecker AND the tow at the same time with one of his old Ford gas engined trucks.

It has been going on two years now and neither truck has seen a Ford garage since using the Hotshot treatment.. I was given the product as samples in the trial stages and have no connection with the seller. Our customer has forgotten that there was ever a problem but continues to use the treatment regularly.

So, yes, I have pesonal experience.... And it works and certainly helps..

Old 05-07-2007, 04:50 PM
WishIhada7.3
Laughing Gas
ford states not to run a oil additive....like stated if a good oil is used in the first place there is no need for it...but to each his own i guess but its only motorcraft CJ4 15w40 for me.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:08 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 981 Posts
Ummmm, your name says it all for you, wish.

All I can say, try it...from the sounds of the accolades from George, it can't hurt anything!

Old 05-07-2007, 05:19 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
I think not too long ago there was an extensive thread down in the Oil and Lube section where the maker or distributor did get involved in answering a handful of techy type questions. That might be worth a search function to read.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:15 PM
a-rod
Posting Guru
George thanks for the info, Ive been wanting to try this but have been waiting to here some more storys, Ive heard nothing but good about his product so far, so I think I might order some. I use good oil and have always changed it every 5-7k, now every 5k. But even after the buzz flash I still have a little bit of a stiction issue with some injectors.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:43 PM
WishIhada7.3
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by BPofMD

All I can say, try it...from the sounds of the accolades from George, it can't hurt anything!
I made that name back when i was in the market for a truck but could not find a 7.3 i liked that had under 100k on it so i bought my 04 and love it...although i have had some issue's not due to injectors that i know of...but like i said to everyone his own im just very picky about my oil and keeping it clean...thats why my by-pass was one of the first mods...if others have good luck with it awesome...i just wanted to share the fact that ford states against it...but they also state against fuel additives....good luck to all those running it.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:26 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BPofMD

George has 2 posts here. Doesn't mean that he doesn't have experience.... Just means he has not had an opportunity to establish credibility here.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
I for one am against oil additives for several reasons.

1) CI4+ and CJ4 oils are some of the best available for diesels

2) Regular changes of oil and filters is key.

3) Adding additives upsets the oil chemistry and dilutes the additive package in a way that no one really knows.

4) There is no such thing a a miricle cure and while I am sure it may not hurt anything, the addition of it may cause the oil to foam (like Lucas additives) do in a HEUI diesel motor (which the 6.0L is).

5) No way to know how it affects and mixes with your particular brand of oil and if not tested or certifed (not just labeled for use in a diesel)... it may do no harm or it could do a lot of harm?

Bottom line... if your running the proper grade oil and type of oil filter and changing on or before scheduled intervals you'll be fine and money ahead. If anything, it is fuel additives that play a larger part in fuel pump and injector longevity!!!

Old 05-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Georgecls
New User
Believe me, from a lube engineer's perspective, engine oil additives are an absolute, positive no, never. Except in this case. Have you noticed the little lawsuits raging between Ford and Navistar? This engine and its warranty claims are a significant portion of the whole deal. The engine has issues that the finest, cleanest oil will not resolve. The Hotshot additive has helped minimize the uncorrected issue and in my case experience involving two tow trucks, has totally eliminated the injector issues. I am sharing my 'real world' experience with a product I do not sell nor have any relationship with. We tried the additive in a case of total desperation for my friend/customer who had two brand new useless trucks.
So here I was, Mr. No addtives, ever! working with engine oil additives.. BUT, in this case, this engine, if someone is having issues similar to my friend/customer, it is worth a try and there does not seem to be a downside in 2 years of using the product.
Again, I do not sell the product and do not recommend the use of engine or gearbox additives of any type. Except in this case, from my experience.

Quick Reply: Hot Shot's Secret - Oil Additive