Canadian National Chapter British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan/Manitoba,Ontario and Nova Scotia

Flames - Oilers rivalry

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 11:09 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Flames - Oilers rivalry

Got this in my email this morning.

On a tour of Florida, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the coast for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in the Pope mobile when there was a frantic commotion just off shore.

A helpless man, wearing a Calgary Flames jersey, was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 25-foot shark.

As the Pope watched, horrified, a speedboat came racing up with three men wearing Edmonton Oilers jerseys aboard. One quickly fired a harpoon into the shark's side. The other two reached out and pulled the bleeding, semiconscious Flame's fan from the water. Then using baseball bats, the three heroes in blue beat the shark to death and hauled it into the boat also. Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to the beach.

"I give you my blessing for your brave actions," he told them. "I heard that there was some bitter hatred between Oilers and Flames fans, but now I have seen with my own eyes that this is not the truth."

As the Pope drove off, the harpooner asked his buddies "Who was that?"
"It was the Pope, " one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom."

"Well," the harpooner said, "he may have access to God's wisdom, but he doesn't know much about shark fishing... how's the bait holding up?"

Old 04-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
That's great !...thanks.

Did you hear about the Edmonton Kid that was victim of his parents upcoming divorce ?