Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

About Today...

Old 04-16-2007, 07:34 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About Today...

Just so everyone is straight and not throwing their hands in the air screaming at the sky cause they couldn't log on (like I was..jk)

There was an sql problem. sql is Structure Query Language which is a language that provides an interface to Relational Database Systems (the sites database). Being in Computer Science I know that this can be quite common and especially on a site with so many members with over 3,000 posts a day.

Just so PlacerMike didn't have to type out 62 seperate emails.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:38 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by oneminizut
Just so everyone is straight and not throwing their hands in the air screaming at the sky cause they couldn't log on (like I was..jk)

There was an sql problem. sql is Structure Query Language which is a language that provides an interface to Relational Database Systems (the sites database). Being in Computer Science I know that this can be quite common and especially on a site with so many members with over 3,000 posts a day.

Just so PlacerMike didn't have to type out 62 seperate emails.
In even more technical terms, some queries run this morning left about 150 user ids with membergroupids that ended with ",". The server choked whenever it ran permissions matching against these, generating a SQL error (we received hundreds of SQL error emails as a result but had to fix all the broken ids by hand).

Old 04-16-2007, 07:48 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I figured as much when other members weren't able to log on. But thanks for breaking it down cause I was pretty curious about the exact error. I thrive on that stuff, but then again I'm a little off.

Search this Thread