Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Chapter Officers

Old 04-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chapter Officers

Once the Chapter is formed, you must organize an off-line meeting of the Chapter to elect a Chapter Leader and any additional officers your Chapter may need such as secretary, treasurer, photographer, etc. Each Chapter needs to have one or more persons with a digital camera so Chapter related photos can be maintained in the Chapter Gallery

We need to start considering what posts we need to fill in the chapter. Give some thought to things we are trying to do, and post your thoughts and ideas here. It would be helpful if you also suggested a person or volunteered for the position, so that we could get a vote.

On offline meeting is suggested, but depending on how many members are at the G2G, I think forum polls may be the way to go...We can discuss at our first G2G, but unless there is an obvious majority of members attending, I would probably go with the poll idea.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm too far away to be photographer or I would volunteer for that position. What other spots are there? I'm always looking for another iron to throw in the fire! I've been Secretary/Treasurer for our PTA (5 years) and Technical Officer/Webmaster for Phi Theta Kappa ~ http://www.cgcc.cc.or.us/studentservices/ptk/index.htm If you need the extra hands, count me in!

Old 04-18-2007, 12:36 AM
993/4ton
Senior User
hmmm i have a digial camera. I'm sure I will take plenty of pictures at the GTG. I wouldnt mind doing any of the positions.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Glad to see ya posting again 993!

Old 04-24-2007, 10:39 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chapter Officers for an occasional get-together or internet meetings that have only happened in this chapter thread or what? Not enough work for one person to do let alone a committee. You wanted the CL spot Mike, enjoy.

PS: I'll help with taking pics at the G2G too and post them later.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by RexB
Chapter Officers for an occasional get-together or internet meetings that have only happened in this chapter thread or what? Not enough work for one person to do let alone a committee. You wanted the CL spot Mike, enjoy.

PS: I'll help with taking pics at the G2G too and post them later.
Remember that we are working on logos for t-shirts etc...We are also working on charity and perhaps a Chapter Cookbook for fundraising purposes...When we get things like that rolling, we will need responsible people to keep track of things like: funds, expeditures and deals and details.

The direction I would like to go, is to try and make our chapter more than just chatting on the internet...I would like to see the chapter become involved in our community...Do we just have fun posting or do we use our combined energies to make things happen outside of the forum?...Let your thoughts be known, and I will gear my efforts to those goals.

Mike

Old 04-25-2007, 07:17 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Placermike
Remember that we are working on logos for t-shirts etc...We are also working on charity and perhaps a Chapter Cookbook for fundraising purposes...When we get things like that rolling, we will need responsible people to keep track of things like: funds, expeditures and deals and details.

The direction I would like to go, is to try and make our chapter more than just chatting on the internet...I would like to see the chapter become involved in our community...Do we just have fun posting or do we use our combined energies to make things happen outside of the forum?...Let your thoughts be known, and I will gear my efforts to those goals.
Mike
"...to elect a Chapter Leader and any additional officers your Chapter may need..."

Tshirts/ballcaps- A one-shot order per year...or 5 years. BrentLee & me are doing it.

Charity- Nothing has happened besides our yakking about it. I'm sticking with my normal donations.

Cookbook- A one-shot deal forever, If it happens. You pay for printing?

Community Involvement- We're spread all over the state so that equates to one person every hundred square miles involved in their town. Reading posts here, nobody has the spare time or interest in driving for Meals-on-Wheels like I did. Or building free wheelchair ramps at seniors' homes like I do.

Thanks to BrentLee for tackling the logo-image making. I volunteered to find the Tshirt/ballcap/beltbuckle printers and take G2G pix and post them. One other person vol'd. The printer is found; until the logo is changed to be legible on fabric the project is full stop. A total of 4 people said they will buy one so it will be individual orders from the printer.

There was one other vol to take pix. No big deal. No one vols for anything else, just yakking. That's no problem, but all yak and no action is a waste of bandwidth. That shows the level of interest in community involvement - we're involved with our own lives Mike, but help youself and go do "it".

We're in a virtual meeting place (a forum) spread across the state and country unified by what we came here for: to discuss Ford Trucks and chat with each other.

Rex

Last edited by RexB; 04-25-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Cookbook- A one-shot deal forever, If it happens. You pay for printing?
If you guys are serious about the cookbook, I'll put it together... I have a really nice program that does most of the work, and I have good connections for cheap printing.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:48 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Good idea, after awhile we could have enough recipes to make a decent book...and some drink recipes in the back too :~)

Old 04-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
...and some drink recipes in the back too :~)
But of course!

Old 04-25-2007, 01:00 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Old 04-25-2007, 06:11 PM
nubeee1
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowbunny
If you guys are serious about the cookbook, I'll put it together... I have a really nice program that does most of the work, and I have good connections for cheap printing.
Snowbunny I'll help ya! I'm into the cooking part. got some good recipes, Let me know!!...........

Old 04-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by nubeee1
Snowbunny I'll help ya! I'm into the cooking part. got some good recipes, Let me know!!...........
We have a recipe thread with quite a few recipes posted already...Add to the list!

And yes Snowbunny, we are trying to get enough recipes together in a effort to start a cookbook. My initial thought was to get one together so we could use it for fundraising purposes...Like the cookbooks you see the schools and churches selling.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Placermike
We have a recipe thread with quite a few recipes posted already...Add to the list! And yes Snowbunny, we are trying to get enough recipes together in a effort to start a cookbook. My initial thought was to get one together so we could use it for fundraising purposes...Like the cookbooks you see the schools and churches selling.
One of my many part-time jobs is at a school and that is EXACTLY the type of cookbook this program will create! Also, since I work for a school, the school’s print shop will print anything I need for some silly price like 5% above cost. So I will start cruising the recipe thread ~AND the grog thread~ and start compiling some recipes!

Old 04-25-2007, 09:52 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Excellent, more recipes of food & drink!

That is durn nice of the school to do the printing...can BrentLee's colorful WA FTE logo go on the cover maybe? Color may be too expensive or not setupable; perhaps the logo printed in shades of gray?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chapter Officers