Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

looked @ silverado forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 08:53 PM
ShootinOK
Mountain Pass
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
looked @ silverado forum

I looked up a couple Silverado forums to see what people who had the new style were saying about them.
Number one complaint seems to be - fuel economy - well now what do ya know
I also came across a comparison from Edmonds of the new Silverado, the new Tundra and the Titan. They ranked the Tundra first, silverado second, and Titan third - Now why do you suppose they left out the F150?
I guess the others can only be compared to themselves; Ford F150's are a class by themselves

Old 04-15-2007, 11:11 PM
greenham64
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you...but for marketing's sake they better throw some bigger hp and torque numbers down soon.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:49 PM
krazymatt
Senior User
Wink

Yeah, the Ford is on a class of it's own known as a "real truck". So if the new Tundra is ranked top, and it has a C-Channel Non-Boxed frame, that explains a lot of their comparison of gay trucks. I myself was raised a Chevy guy, and I currently own a 06 F-150 4x4 Screw Lariat and a 06 Expy, and I cannot stand those new-gen GM trucks, or any of the other stuff GM has out. The Corvette is okay, but I'd rather have a Shelby GT500 Mustang any day of the week!

Old 04-16-2007, 06:27 AM
goatdriver
Mountain Pass
Can you give the site for the Chevy forum for the new trucks?

Old 04-16-2007, 06:59 AM
rob_nc
Posting Guru
How many times has Chevy won Motor Trend's Truck of the Year? Seems like every time they change designs. Sounds like a bought award.

The F150 has the best styling of any pickup period. I'm intriqued by the Tundra's engine and tranny, which are areas Ford needs to improve upon. I also like the available rear camera on the Tundra. Would make hooking up my camper a lot easier since my wife doesn't know how to give decent directions. The C channel frame doesn't bother me too much since Class 6-8 trucks have the same design.

The sales numbers tell the story though. The F150 continues to be the #1 vehicle sold period. Ford must be doing something right.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:10 AM
HomerWinzlow
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
A vehicle should be required to be on the road at least one full year before even being considered car of the year. That is Motor Trends biggest fault, other than obvious negligent comparisons.

In 2000, hardly a Focus had been run off the assembly line and it was declared Motor Trends car of the year. That year they had no less than 6 or 7 safety recalls and many concerns. Clearly the worst year of production for that car, but MT was happy to declare it the winner. Had they waited one year it might have been declared disaster of the year! Fortunately Focus is a much better automobile today.

I laugh when I hear what the MT car or truck of the year is. Pure hogwash.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:09 AM
osteodoc08
Senior User
It is amazing what marketing dollars can do for you (e.g. magazine ads for Chebbie in MT).

As the saying goes "Don't bite the hand that feeds you."

Old 04-16-2007, 12:09 PM
BruceFX4
Senior User
Does anyone believe the Ford will not win Truck of the year when 2009 comes out?????

Old 04-16-2007, 12:16 PM
07F1504x4
Senior User
it all depends on how the new F150s are. Im sure if they have the diesel and a few other additions they could get it. but ford always has the number 1 selling truck wether it is the 150s or 350s hands down ford simply makes the tougher truck!

Old 04-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Fxxer
Senior User
I work for a company that designs and manufactures exhausts pipes for atv's and as for advertising a lot of people think companies buy off the magazine for a better review. My company is HMF engineering and we won readers choice best exhaust for atv's and even got a trophy. We advertise once a month in the magazine and so do many other exhaust companies, and I know in our industry, the magazine dosn't care who wins. Another good example that usually the best product does win, is look at all the truck mags, and the toyota FJ ads. (BIG THICK CENTER ADS) we are talking big DOLLARS, and the new jeep still beat the FJ in all comparisons. That proves to me that toyota spent a lot of money on advertising, but still didn't have the best truck, jeep did.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:53 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
yota better get something out of all this money they are pumping into their ads or someone is going to be in the unemployment line...can't spend that kind of money and not change the market share...

Old 04-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Dustin1690
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HomerWinzlow
A vehicle should be required to be on the road at least one full year before even being considered car of the year. That is Motor Trends biggest fault, other than obvious negligent comparisons.

I laugh when I hear what the MT car or truck of the year is. Pure hogwash.
Totally agree i totally hate those dam comparisions so inaccurate and based on their opinion if your vehicle shopping you could do your own comparision and ask people who own the vehicle how they like it and find out your opinion they are fun to look at but i do think those comparisions are just bs

Old 04-17-2007, 05:53 AM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you know the criteria that MT uses to award this? It has to be a vehicle that has significantly changed from the previous model year. Notice that manufacturers stagger their new releases to not coincide with others? While the MT award doesn't hold much weight with me, it is not "biased" per say. The Fords couldnt have won this year, or last year, or the year before that. I am not worried. I will continue to enjoy the best truck on the road.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:01 PM
rodneysch
Junior User
I saw a cutaway of the new Tundra engine and it looks like those overhead cams are belt driven. Wonder if they'll have to be replaced every 60000 miles?

Old 04-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Fosters
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by rodneysch
I saw a cutaway of the new Tundra engine and it looks like those overhead cams are belt driven. Wonder if they'll have to be replaced every 60000 miles?
ouch... that should be fun. I know someone who's reliable honda just snapped a belt and he was not happy about the repair cost...

Quick Reply: looked @ silverado forum