Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Wedding... (and other updates)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wedding... (and other updates)

Just so you all know, our wedding is Friday evening. Everybody is invited, but you must email me for directions. It's in Verdigris, OK (between Claremore and Catoosa). Kara and I are both getting excited (we're such procrastinators!).

Kara and I added a new member to our new family... with the help of Tim. (uh... wait a second...). We are happy to announce that 'Blue' has a companion. A 1997 Ranger XLT extended cab, Pacific green with green interior. 64700 miles, and clean as can be (yes, all body panels are the same color... so Tim, tell Josh I said he can bite me! ). Once again, it's a 2.3L/5-speed... we really were hoping for a 3.0... but with Tim's help, we came across a deal we just couldn't pass up. So, we need help with the name... we think 'Green' is no good... it just doesn't seem to flow as well as 'Blue'. Any suggestions?

And while we're on the subject, do any of you know anybody who's looking for a 4wd Toyota???

School is kicking my butt, but assuming I pass all of my classes this semester, I will have 7 classes left... then I shall NEVER step foot in an educational institution again.

We got back last Friday from our trip to New Orleans. We went with the RSU BCM (Baptist Colligiate Ministries... sp?). We got a lot of work done.... and managed to have a little fun too. Yup, believe it our not... I had the true Cajun experience.... GATOR HUNTING. And I'm not talking no 'shoot 'em from the boat' gator hunting... I mean 'bare-handed, catch 'em like a man' gator hunting. I caught 5 total (lol... okay, I was pretty much the only one dumb enough to actually catch them... only a few other people caught any... and they only caught one each). The biggest I caught was between 3.5 and 4 feet long. It was a blast.

That's about it for me... sorry I've been so distant.

So, what have you been up too?

STan

P.S. In-laws are a piece of work aren't they? Why didn't you all warn me???

Old 03-26-2007, 09:54 PM
RomerB2
Postmaster
Wow, I haven't heard from you in a "coon's day".. *cough* uh... I think it's been too long since I've been in here. So how long have you been seeing this girl? What all have I been missing? And.. what are you going to school for? Like I said.. it's been a while since I've been here.

I've been distant mainly because I haven't had my truck for about a year, but I am working on the engine for it now (swapping in a 4.0 in my Bronco II.. also working on an 8.8" rear and various other stuff...) So now I'm pretty much back, even with working constantly (50+ hours/week.. whOo for the big bucks!) and trying to find a good girl, well I don't know so much about the good part.. Anyways, that's about all that's going on with me. How's everyone else been?

Old 03-26-2007, 10:38 PM
NoMo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The green truck is now "gator".

Congrats (or condolences) on the upcoming wedding. Although, if anyone is able to find Verdigris, they surely won't need a map to find the ceremony. The only place smaller than Verdigris is Talala!

Old 03-27-2007, 02:56 PM
hotrodn93l
New User
Thumbs up

Congrats have fun this weekend

Old 03-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Okcdiscgolfer
Cross-Country
Congrats on the wedding.

Dave

Old 03-28-2007, 10:16 AM
dakota_viking
Elder User
Since it's green, you could call it "Lucky" (the leprechaun)!

I'll see you Friday at the wedding (although you will probably not see me as you will be pretty busy!)

Tim

Old 03-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster

Kara and I walking down Bourbon Street.

Kara and I dancing with an older couple at a cajun restraunt (Mulates). The woman I was dancing with had to have been 80... her shirt read "Recycled Teenager".

The third boat (mine) to go out (minus the kid in the red) caught all seven of tthese. Actually, of the seven, two belonged to the two girls (other than Kara), one to a guy who's not in the picture... and the rest, you guessed it, are mine. The two Kara and I have were the biggest ones, and the two kids in front of us are holding the two I caught at the same time.

Close up of my two bigger ones. These were caught on Saturday. I went out one more time on Thursday night and only caught one. However, he was worth it... you'll notice the bigger one I'm holding, I can wrap my hand around his neck. The one I caught Thursday, I couldn't. I'll post some pics of him later.

Welp, back to my new wife (shhh... don't tell her I snuck online!).

Thanks to Ron, Heather and Alice for coming, I was great to see you all, as always.

STan

Old 04-04-2007, 10:44 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
It was our honor and pleasure to be able to witness your holy matromony. Congrats to you, Stan and Kara.!!!! May you have many many blessed years together. It was a neat experience to be watching a wedding instead of participating in one for a change. You two make a handsome couple. Take care, and when we get the next FTE NE OK meet together you can drop Kara off with Heather if she isn't all into Ford Trucks and such. lol.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:15 PM
78fordtruckgirl
Freshman User
Talking

Thanks for inviting me. It was a beautiful wedding. We were going to tie some tin cans to the Toy but we didn't want to weigh it down! Congrats on the wedding and the new truck too!