Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

SIX's Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:08 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SIX's Help

Jared came over today and saw the mess I'm working with, But He did give me some good advice. He is salt of the earth. Advice about turning back to the Duraspark Blue Gromett. The guy was a good friend, he gave me and wifey good advice.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
This chapter has some good people. In this area Ford and Rex come to mind first.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks for the good words. Let me know when you get the parts, I'll swing back by.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:04 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Ford_Six
Thanks for the good words. Let me know when you get the parts, I'll swing back by.
Will do, think I need to go to "Pick a Part" for most. An 86' Duraspark with the blue grommet will work?

BTW, I want everyone in this chapter to know that Jared is THE MAN! He came and helped me with an impossible situation today. Thanks Jared!!!

Old 03-14-2007, 10:39 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Placermike
This chapter has some good people. In this area Ford and Rex come to mind first.
Rex comes to mind but he seems out of reach to me. He's got to much experience.... Care to Bite Rex???

Old 03-14-2007, 10:42 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
PlacerMike seems like a great bet too... But Ford_Six really got down in there today and tried with the f'd up ignition that I have.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:57 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
86 should be the same thing you have now or EEC-IV, which is the ignition system that went with fuel injection.
75-79 used the same basic system, 78-79 were the best years for it, 78 is the most common to find.
You can get them remanufactured from Schucks, I think p/n 302879 (for 302) ($40 and $3 core charge) would be the right one for you, but you might want to double check that in the 302/351 forum. The module for that is about $30.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:23 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
86 should be the same thing you have now or EEC-IV, which is the ignition system that went with fuel injection.
75-79 used the same basic system, 78-79 were the best years for it, 78 is the most common to find.
You can get them remanufactured from Schucks, I think p/n 302879 (for 302) ($40 and $3 core charge) would be the right one for you, but you might want to double check that in the 302/351 forum. The module for that is about $30.
Oh, ok... then when I get it hooked back up then I can call you again?

Old 03-15-2007, 12:27 AM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Yeah, let me know when you get the parts, I'll swing by and install if you'd like. Shouldn't take too long to get it together and ready to run.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:30 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Yeah, let me know when you get the parts, I'll swing by and install if you'd like. Shouldn't take too long to get it together and ready to run.
Sure, I want to be there when you do so I can learn... Was that equal payment today because I dont really know...

Old 03-15-2007, 01:07 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
I mean I'll install the parts but I want to see some majic on my baby.

Edit, where we we talking about ****? I thought it was general, sory, chatter but I cant find it now in the forums. Oh sorry, correct nomenclature is "not hetero"?

Last edited by oneminizut; 03-15-2007 at 01:33 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:22 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You Da' Man Jared Ford_Six!

So did oneminizut really have bolts and clips thrown out in the grass everywhere?

Old 03-15-2007, 09:23 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Placermike
Thanks, you too Mike...we're all here to help and relax on a good chapter forum

Originally Posted by oneminizut
Rex comes to mind but he seems out of reach to me. He's got to much experience.... Care to Bite Rex???
Lol, out of reach? Sori, I usually get on here just in the mornings for a few hours. I'll try online at night more with all youse guyz, though reading the screen for hours gets a little tiring lol.

Too much experience? No, not as a mechanic, I'm here to get good advice from the real mechs. I can do the basics, like on your truck once i know what it is i'm aiming to fix.

But as an electronic counter-measures tech, old military computer systems op, ditchdigger, or jack-of-many-trades master of none? Yea, I can hold my own

Originally Posted by oneminizut
Edit, where we we talking about ****? I thought it was general, sory, chatter but I cant find it now in the forums. Oh sorry, correct nomenclature is "not hetero"?
ROTL yea ya' got to be PC!

There's a big blog discussion right now in the Seattle Post Intelligencer about the Seattle libs criticizing the military for not allowing the swishes in with "Don't ask, don't tell" policy. I don't see a one of them naysayers that actually served in the military.

Last edited by RexB; 03-15-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:11 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good job Jared. Glad to see your on the right track John. Did you guy's get the timing and firing order set?

Old 03-15-2007, 02:59 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RexB
There's a big blog discussion right now in the Seattle Post Intelligencer about the Seattle libs criticizing the military for not allowing the swishes in with "Don't ask, don't tell" policy. I don't see a one of them naysayers that actually served in the military.
Well that just seems too me like it's a violation of soldiers rights. Shouldn't those boys know who they have to deal with everyday, I think they have enough problems dealing with *******s. oops... did it again Middle Easterners.

Originally Posted by Arctic
Did you guy's get the timing and firing order set?
Naw, because I think that it ended up that there was two many missing parts to even worry about that yet. If I had the money I would repalce everything but the manifold and block. lol

Quick Reply: SIX's Help