Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 09:54 AM
chadburns
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 1968 F-250 was stolen from my driveway in Aurora, on 3/12/07 Monday night at 10:30 pm. Please see my gallery for pictures of the truck. The mirrors have been changed to smaller black "auto" style. If you see this vehicle around town, please call the police! The rear bumper is painted black and some of the paint on the body is peeling with the original "cream" color underneath. There is a dent in the passenger door where the old mirror caught something and dented the door. Please call the police if you see this vehicle! Thanks for your help folks!

Old 03-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That stinks! I hope it turns up soon...in one piece.

Keep us posted!

Old 03-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I linked this in another local forum, they thought pics would be nice.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:22 PM
chadburns
Junior User
Thanks Hypoid! I don't expect to ever see her again, but I do appreciate the help! Maybe enough eyes will get her back to me.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:27 PM
bigperm2
Senior User
Chad,
That sucks and I will keep an eye out for it. I hope you get it back, and even more I hope they nail the sob that stole it. I know how you feel, someone stole mine over a year ago, and I did not get mine back. However, someone else on the list had theirs stollen, and it was found a month later. So.. there is some hope. What makes me so angry, is that someone steals these trucks, that really are not worth that much, and makes a couple bucks. But trucks like these are worth a lot to the owner. Good luck!
-Dan

Old 03-22-2007, 02:35 PM
chadburns
Junior User
You know that's what amazes me. These old trucks really aren't that valuable yet. Why would you risk a serious ***-kicking and/or jail time over a thousand or so bucks worth of truck? I would think if you were gonna risk it, it would be for something a whole lot more valuable! Oh well, there's no telling what goes on in the mind of someone that does this stuff anyway. Thanks all for keeping your eyes open.

Chadburns

Old 03-22-2007, 02:54 PM
bigperm2
Senior User
I figure they either go to mexico, or get chopped. But shipping a hot truck to mexico will still cost a lot. And I am sure you have seen craigslist. Parts are cheap, you can't make any money at that, especially since you can't advertize them, and can only sell parts to other criminals. The only consolation for me is that criminals probably have a well deserved bad life that they created for themselves, and that they will never have the same pride and enjoyment that I had for my truck. Seriously, what is going through these peoples minds when someone says "nice truck". I took great pride in the craftsmanship, and the work (both at work and working on the truck), and as a thief you didn't do anything for it. You are just a jerk, and you have to sleep with that. Sorry about the rant. Trust me, it was hard to keep it "PG"

Old 03-22-2007, 03:49 PM
73f350sc
Posting Guru
WOW,
Thats sucks man.....I'll keep an eye out for a truck like it out here in CA....who knows they might drive it out this a way. My uncle had his truck stolen from his driveway....and the worst part was his Camper was in the back as well.
Best of luck and I hope you find it!
-Chris

Old 04-24-2007, 04:58 PM
chadburns2
Freshman User
Well, it all has a happy if not fairly tale ending....the truck was never recovered but I did have full coverage on her so the insurance company paid a VERY nice settlement. I have just picked up a 18 year newer truck. Got a 1986 F-250 4x4 this time. So now I at least have a decent winter truck. Thanks to all for keeping your eyes out for the old '68! I'm gonna miss her that's for sure. Talk about a vehicle I could still work on! She was sweet!
Chad B.