2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Looking to add Bluetooth to 07 Expy - How to disassemble the dash?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 07:11 AM
Ratpack
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to add Bluetooth to 07 Expy - How to disassemble the dash?

Has anyone installed a bluetooth car kit to their 07 Expy? What type did you install and how hard was the install? I have no idea how to even get into the radio either, so any help with that would be great, especially if you know of a good online manual.

Thanks!

Old 03-14-2007, 04:14 PM
User 9823
Cross-Country
Easiest one is Parrot CK3000 Evolution

Old 03-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Randy B
Junior User
I installed a Parrot CK3100 LCD.

Originally Posted by Ratpack
Has anyone installed a bluetooth car kit to their 07 Expy? What type did you install and how hard was the install? I have no idea how to even get into the radio either, so any help with that would be great, especially if you know of a good online manual.

Thanks!
The unit went in pretty quick and I have full function with the speakers in the truck. I ended up buying a replacement woodgrain panel so when I pull this unit I can put a pretty face plate back in the center console. The panel was under $25.00 including tax. I have some pictures of the finished product, however I cannot post them to the thread for you to see since I am not an FTE member. I do not have a hosting service to use either. If you want to E-Mail me I will send them to you.

The install will take about an hour if you are comfortable splicing wires. The center console comes apart really quick.

Also I have a NAV unit not the radio. But I am sure the time is the same.

Randy B

Old 03-18-2007, 08:57 AM
Ratpack
Junior User
Randy B,
When the phone rings, does the radio say phone? I have seen this displayed on another site but not sure if it is real or not.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Randy B
Junior User
No it does not.

Originally Posted by Ratpack
Randy B,
When the phone rings, does the radio say phone? I have seen this displayed on another site but not sure if it is real or not.
My Mercedes is fully integrated with a factory Bluetooth link. That allows steering wheel buttons and the radio head to function the phone.

I am not aware of a Ford compatibility possibility since they do not offer a phone solution for integration. All they offer is a Blue tooth solution called Mobilease which is based on a non-display Nokia model much like the new Parrot without the LCD head.

The only integration you will get from either of these kits are the speakers will function for hearing the current caller and the radio will mute. Otherwise that's it.

For the price of Mobilease, I went with Parrot and have a much better car kit now then Ford offers.

Randy B

Last edited by Randy B; 03-18-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Ratpack
Junior User
Here is the phot I saw of the radio saying phone, but I guess that is for advertising only. It came from a site that sells the integration harnesses for the Parrot kits. I think I am going to go this route instead of cutting and splicing. Then if I need to remove it, it is simple uplug and plug the factory connectors back together.