Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Did we get enough snow yet???

Old 03-01-2007, 12:45 PM
grease monkey
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did we get enough snow yet???

I can't believe how bad this snow storm is today. I actually went to work this morning and the boss shut down the dealership in a couple of hours. So I decided to go home and on the way there I saw several vehicles stuck in the ditches.
The visibility was horible and I could not tell where I was at. I finally get into my apartment complex and I nearly slid into a Toyota in the lot. When I jammed my brakes I broke my clutch and brake petal right off the mount but at least I missed the Toyota.
Now im waiting for a tow truck to get my truck and take it to my work so I can fix it. I at least found the part I needed at Lithia Ford and it costs $69 for the whole petal assembly which is a lot cheaper than a higher insurance premium.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:48 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
Man this stuff is a blast. I ran out over lunch to go get pizza and hit the bank. Fun fun fun. They're attempting to plow but the wind is putting half of it right back. Lots of people think they need to be out today. Lots of people moving down the road sideways. I was on Hwy2 in 4x just to keep going straight. The plows seem to have left the 2" of ice cleanly zamboni'd. Good day to work inside.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:01 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Driving was better this morning, but the road is snow packed, and so rough, it's going to shake my '97 apart!!

Old 03-02-2007, 01:34 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am tired of it. I am tired of plowing and getting stuck and pulling stuck people out. I am ready for warm weather and pull truck season.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:51 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by CBSuperduty
I am tired of it. I am tired of plowing and getting stuck and pulling stuck people out. I am ready for warm weather and pull truck season.
Amen Brother!

Old 03-02-2007, 11:30 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
I stayed in Sioux City Weds night so I could get to work on Thursday... then they ended up closing down early. But, it was too late for me, the interstate was shut down. I got to sit in a hotel room the rest of the day. Fun.

I went into work today, hoping I-29 would open. No such luck, so I headed south/west to Wayne, NE, then over to West Point and then Fremont and into West O. What a mess. Took me about 4.5 hours. Lots of white outs and drifts, but not too much traffic on the roads until I got to Fremont.

I think I am ready for spring now.

Sure glad I got the Ranger back last week, and the 4x4 still works too!

Search this Thread