Sponsored by:

NEW BRONCO COMING OUT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 09:31 PM
luv mt truck
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post NEW BRONCO COMING OUT!!!!

TN boy i read on the ford home page that if chevy brings out a removable top suv like they plan to ford will follow suit with the explorer 2door to become the new bronco and maybe beefed up in years to come we can only hope.

Old 08-13-2002, 09:33 PM
CityBronco
Senior User

If they did it would more than likely be a "Foofy" version of a Bronco. The last TRUE Broncos ended in 1996 period!

Old 08-14-2002, 09:56 AM
grago87
New User

If they were smart about it and stoped to think about what all of us Bronco guys love about them, it could work. But not with some revamped "Exploder". It my be possible to revive the Big Bronco spirit, if they used the Expedition, or better yet the Excursion, to allow the use of the larger power plants the 5.4, the V10 and for the real torque freaks the 7.3 Power Stroke. They would have to shorten the wheelbase back to within a few inches of the true Bronco's 104" platform to look more like a truck than a bus again and loose those gaudy extra doors. But that will never happen, it would make too much sence. But I for one, think it would be a darn good idea. Would anyone else put up a hand in agreement

Old 08-14-2002, 11:20 AM
yosemite
Senior User

I agree. A Bronco based on the Explorer would fail miserably.:-X23 The only way to go would be to base it on the Expedition or the F150. I don't believe in buying new cars, but if they came out with a new Bronco that was similar in size to the 80-96 ones, I'd have to really think about it!

Brian
1988 Eddie Bauer

Old 08-14-2002, 01:14 PM
honney
Elder User

This thread again? This has been on every Bronco forum w/100's of posts each time. Clearly people would like to see it happen. Dont' hold your breath.

Old 08-14-2002, 05:34 PM
GaRedClay
Freshman User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 14-Aug-02 AT 06:37 PM (EST)]>This thread again? This has been on every Bronco forum
>w/100's of posts each time.

Well then it must be a pretty good idea, huh? Besides--nobody makes you read all of the "100's of posts"....:-X23

Old 08-14-2002, 07:37 PM
mcard
New User

They need to leave the Explorer and anything based on the Explorer for all that rough tough city driving to the soccer fields and the supermarket. A Bronco is a Bronco and should be designed as such. Just my $0.02 worth. - Mike

Old 08-15-2002, 01:47 PM
dassmoof
Senior User

I'd agree. A new Bronco would probably be crap. Unless it's based off the F-250/Excursion so it looks mean, has two solid axles and allows for huge powerplants it wont be anything old Broncos were. Most likely if it does happen though Ford will end-up catering to the Soccer moms and yuppies out there and give the 'truck' completely independent suspension for that rough city driving. If Ford makes a new Bronco I'll bet $100 that it'll be more like this than the kind I would dream of.

Old 08-17-2002, 09:18 PM
SubmarineAZ
Senior User

I would like to see a 2 door Bronco type based on the Ford Excursion.
It would be nice if they offered a choice of gear ratios as they do on the F350's.
I'm excited about the higher horsepower, more efficient 6 liter diesel although I haven't read any details or reviews about it.

Old 08-17-2002, 09:42 PM
tothfngclw
Senior User

I have to agree that it will probably not happen. I am amazed though at the number of SUV's you see on the road now. It seems as if people are just giving up on cars. I bought my 91 as a winter/hunting vehicle and plan on picking up a car for the wife to drive and I will take her 93 Buick regal. I have owned Dodge pickups since 1994 when the new body style arrived but they are just starting to get out of my price range. I think you only have to look at Dodge when you think about a "Bronco" style vehicle. They make a 2 wheel drive version of the Ramcharger on the new body style in Mexico but will not export it to the US. I never could understand Dodge dropping the Ramcharger when it did. I know this is a FTE site but I had a 1985 Ramcharger that refused to die until the body fell off it. I also have to believe that even if they did bring it back the price would be right up there in the 35,000.00 range.

Old 08-18-2002, 02:21 AM
SubmarineAZ
Senior User

I did see a new body style Ramcharger then!
I was driving behind one a month or two back, and I thought the heat must have been getting to me.
Anyone know of a link to more pics?

Old 08-18-2002, 05:28 PM
tothfngclw
Senior User

They have been making them in Mexico since 1994 but they were never imported and only in 2 wheel drive. A car mag did an article on them awhile back and I can't seem to recall which one. I will search and see if I can find something

Old 08-18-2002, 05:40 PM
tothfngclw
Senior User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 18-Aug-02 AT 06:51 PM (EST)]I posted a pic of a Mexican Ramcharger in my gallery for those interested. It said the reason they did not import them is that they did not meet US safety standards. here is a site with pictures. This will make you guys wanting a new Bronco cry when you see them. The Ramcharger looks good. I did find out also that they are 2 wheel drive only. http://66.118.73.64/DodgeTruck/DodgeRamchargers.html

Old 08-18-2002, 11:10 PM
dassmoof
Senior User

I've seen one too! I saw one when I went into Denver one day for a part run. I thought it was some sort of weird expensive custom but now I know! Wonder how it got into the US. Yeah, I knew I'd seen one.

Old 08-23-2002, 12:23 PM
Miketnf150
Senior User

I agree with everyone about the explorer...They are too small and are built for the city and soccer momies....I have seen a couple pics that people have edited to look like the Excursion 2-door and I must say...WHOA!!!!!!! "IF" they were to come out with a new bronco I believe it should be from the F-250 or Excursion family with "DIESEL" .....that thing would rock

OH! And I would definately do my best to purchase one..

Miketnf150

Quick Reply: NEW BRONCO COMING OUT!!!!