Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

New th Chapter

Old 02-26-2007, 09:03 PM
993/4ton
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New th Chapter

Hello I am new to the Washington chapter, and I just wanted to introduce myself. I stay on Whidbey Isalnd and drive a 199 F-250 4x4. I am in the Navy and work on avionics onbard the P-3 aircraft. I am getting out of the Navy in August, at which time I will be going back home to Las Vegas.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Thumbs up Welcome

Great to have you aboard. Have you signed the chapter roll call and put yourself on the map.

Last edited by Placermike; 02-26-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:56 AM
redhawkssh44
Senior User
Welcome, welcome, welcome. You may be interested in the military thread.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:22 PM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi 9934ton- welcome to us fellow Fords. You're right up the road from me here by Freeland on the island.

You're getting out? Too bad, the Navy needs to keep all the experience they can. But I know the deployment rotation must be hell now, always on the move. You're P-3's, but the VAQ squadrons can barely get their feet dry before going out again. (I was in VAQ-138 long ago and still keep tabs on 'em.)

What do you thing of the new P-8's coming in to replace the P-3's. Has there been any demo flights and orientation going on yet?

Edit: Placermike you ex-ground pounder, stole my "Welcome Aboard" Navy lingo! Don't the Army have a saying like "Welcome to the Green Machine" or something?

Last edited by RexB; 02-27-2007 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by RexB
Hi 9934ton- welcome to us fellow Fords. You're right up the road from me here by Freeland on the island.

You're getting out? Too bad, the Navy needs to keep all the experience they can. But I know the deployment rotation must be hell now, always on the move. You're P-3's, but the VAQ squadrons can barely get their feet dry before going out again. (I was in VAQ-138 long ago and still keep tabs on 'em.)

What do you thing of the new P-8's coming in to replace the P-3's. Has there been any demo flights and orientation going on yet?

Edit: Placermike you ex-ground pounder, stole my "Welcome Aboard" Navy lingo! Don't the Army have a saying like "Welcome to the Green Machine" or something?
You have to remember that my dad was a 'Jarhead'...When I first went to basic at Knox, I got in trouble for asking where the 'Head' was. LMFAO

Also. WE ARE AIRBORNE RANGERS!

Old 02-28-2007, 11:04 AM
redhawkssh44
Senior User
Originally Posted by Placermike
You have to remember that my dad was a 'Jarhead'...When I first went to basic at Knox, I got in trouble for asking where the 'Head' was. LMFAO

Also. WE ARE AIRBORNE RANGERS!
While I was at Advanced Individual Training (MOS School) at Ft. Sill we had to eat at a Marine messhall. My dad was a swaby so I was one of two in my class who understood what gang way ment. We were standing in line for chow when a group of Marines walk up ad yelled "gang way" which made my class mates look at them funny. I thought a fight was about to break out so I yelled "make a hole" which promptly cleared a path wide enough to drive a tank through.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by redhawkssh44
While I was at Advanced Individual Training (MOS School) at Ft. Sill we had to eat at a Marine messhall. My dad was a swaby so I was one of two in my class who understood what gang way ment. We were standing in line for chow when a group of Marines walk up ad yelled "gang way" which made my class mates look at them funny. I thought a fight was about to break out so I yelled "make a hole" which promptly cleared a path wide enough to drive a tank through.
Didn't the 13 Bravos train there also?