Join Chapter, Leader: sky Cowboy

hey guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 06:30 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
hey guys

Hey guys, noticed its pretty dead in here lately! What have you fellas been up to lately?

Old 02-25-2007, 03:37 AM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
Well lets see. Had truck stolen. Got truck back. Had a remote start with ignition interupter installed. Fixed my left side power lock acctuator. Changed plugs. Went looking for a new 5th wheel.

That's bout it for me. Just waiting for spring.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:17 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Yeah I cant wait till spring either! Tell me more about your truck getting stolen?

Old 02-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Zip
FTE Legend
At about 2 am on a Friday morning (I work a weekend shift) I went into the back yard to get something from my truck and leave the keys in it. It is parked in my back yard which is behind the house fully fenced with a motion light and the truck is about a 100' from the street and hard to see from the street.

I'm sitting in the living room (about 2:15) and my rotty starts growling in the bedroom, I look out the window and see a guy walking down the street and figure that is what is bothering the dog. I am closing the curtan and I see a truck backing out to the street. I think what is this guy doing back there. After a double take I think wtf that's my truck.

I call the police and get them on it. To make a long story a bit shorter they find it about an hour later on a back road in the snow bank. They slid it off the road and when they tried to back out the front end just sank in the snow. No damage nothing taken. Had tools in the box and my tuner on the front seat. I don't think it was a joyride, I think they had plans for the truck.

Now I have new locks and a remote start with a starter interupter. Can't start it without the remote unless you know how.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:24 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Wow thats a crazy story, i bet your heart started racing when you realized what was going on!

Old 02-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
I had alot of thoughts going through my head. Not many of them would have had a very nice outcome. It took me about 4 hrs to calm down.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:38 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Im surprised you calmed down at all, did they ever catch the guys?

Old 02-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
No I don't think they even tried. It was like dig it out of the snow and see ya later. I would have thought they might have tried to get some prints. I took a flashlight so I could take a look at the body for damage (something they didn't think of doing). Should have left the flashlight in my pocket and gave a few choice spots a wack when I got it home.

I had tools in the box and my tuner was on the front seat. They were still there. I think they took the back road trying to get to the highway, when they couldn't they turned around and started back towards the way they came.

Wait I know they were going to come back and apologize for taking my truck and get their skulls crushed.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:29 PM
FirstTry
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ha, thats pretty bad Zip. punks, but hey, you live near wilderness, no one would ever have to find them..........

ive just been getting used to regular school, lots of homework.........still havnt found a job, seems like verything slowed down big time since Christmas. playin with the FreeRanger, spent a few weekends at the school bodyshop, working on the teachers 59 Apache

Old 02-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Hey keep up on the body work. I have (my wife has) an exploder that need some doglegs and rockers done. I suck at body work.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:29 AM
angus
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mostly not doing things I should on the truck. But, in the next couple of days I'll be staying someplace that has a covered carport, MIG welder, and sandblaster. I want to patch up a transmission cover (removable floor panel) that had a hole cut in it for a floor shifter. Then turn an old bed frame into a work table... or maybe I'll do that first, because welding while sitting on the floor is uncomfortable. Then check the rocker clearances. Lube the kingpins. Wash the aluminum slot mags. Run new wire to the tail lights. Mount a back-up light. Figure out where the water is getting in when it rains. Take the vent manifolds out and glue or staple the ducts to them. Maybe slap a load of varnish onto the cardboard to make them stronger. Patch that hole in the exhaust system. Adjust the clutch travel.

and I should do something about the other trucks... strip useful bits out of the cab of the '60 Merc. Take the bed off, and try and get the back springs off. Look over the '59 Merc, which I do want to drive again someday. Take the rodent infested seat out, take out the carpet so I can reach the floor and evaluate the cab rust. See if the old engine is really toast. Check over the spare 223 six, see if it still turns.

Last edited by angus; 03-02-2007 at 03:32 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,346 Likes on 1,105 Posts
Finally getting back to working on the 56 M100, got the frame and suspension finally all painted and started put it back on. I hope to get the cab back on soon. Then I can test fit it all to make sure the 302/C4 will fit, it has an 80 Mercury car clip (ps, pdb).
I hope to possibly have it back on the road this summer, most likely without great paint though....

Old 03-02-2007, 08:18 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Sounds like you guys have all been keeping pretty busy!

Old 03-02-2007, 11:44 PM
FirstTry
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah no kidding, great news everybody!

Old 03-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Fomoko1
Received 1,346 Likes on 1,105 Posts
It`s still in many pieces but afew less daily. Tonite I dug the 302/C4 out of the snowed in storage shed to bring them and the engine crane into the main shop.
Once I have a rolling chasiss I can trial fit the power train to check for fit.
Also bought afew more parts such as the new front wheel bearing and seals, still have to install the coil front springs and rear axle.
It`s a bummer but I got called in on a 7-10 day job so things are going on hold for a while now....

Quick Reply: hey guys