Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Nichalicious

Let's get some action going in here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 12:37 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's get some action going in here!!!

Come on... Let's hear from some people. I''m sure we have some things we can talk about...

Old 02-22-2007, 11:16 AM
kcidmil
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well maybe a tentative plan could be started up for a meet or something? I would jump straight in, but I haven't been there in quite a few years, so I don't know what all areas there are for open spots and such.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
We had a good time a few years ago at an Iggy's in Layton. There was plenty of parking and right off of I-15. Might be something to think about again. I don't know too many places in Ogden or in the surrounding areas, but it would be nice to find a place we can all meet and do a photo, etc, of the group.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:48 AM
kcidmil
Senior User
I would be gamed, provided I'm there in time for it. Here's a small suggestion. I'm a moderator over on the Nissanfrontier.org forum. I posted up a a link to a Frapper map allowing everyone to put on there where they lived, Zip Code only of course.

That would help in showing where people are at in the state, and give a good idea where to locate everything centrally. Otherwise the logical place would be just south of SLC. Which would be fine by me. I'll just have to push all the little cars out of my when I'm driving down there... LOL.

Layton's fine, since I'll be working Hill anyway. Where I'm at now I have to drive 15 minutes into town, so small road trips are nothing to me.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:43 PM
exposition
Senior User
New Guy

I live in Houston but maintain a residence in SLC . I keep my Xcursion up there permanently . We have skied ,camped , Canoe'd , fished ,fossil digging up there all the time over the past 40 yrs.
We're looking forward to doing more exploring in the Moab region . We love our X . I'm a member here in Texas .

Old 02-23-2007, 09:09 AM
utahstroke
Junior User
Thumbs up

I'm game, the Iggy's idea sounds good. Snowing like mad in the Upper Weber Canyon at the moment. I pray we don't loose any one to an avalanche this weekend. Best wishes to all.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:42 AM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Been a while since I've been on here but I'm still game for a get together. Although I am in Oklahoma city for a couple more weeks. I'll get back around the 16th of March, then I have to see what my work schedule is going to be. Then I leave again in May for 2 weeks, then again in June for another 2 weeks.

There is a new place in Layton called Maccools. Its an Irish type pub. Right around the corner from Iggy's. Parking isn't great but is sufficient. Or Iggy's, or Roosters, or down to Hooters in Sandy, or Q4U.......

Old 02-23-2007, 05:50 PM
sltrrco
Senior User
Just wait Q4U is buying the old JB restaurant in Kearns. Let wait tell they get it remodel and have a meet there.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:19 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
It's about time you show up around here Mike...

Hurry up and get back in town. I've got a new family member that will be here in September, so I need a hand getting the basement finished....

Old 02-24-2007, 11:05 AM
kcidmil
Senior User
Just talking about places to eat is driving me nuts. It's been so long. Carl's Jr, A little place outside Brigham called "Calls Burger" I believe? Little burger joint there in Roy that if you tried sucking their shakes through a straw, you'd suck down the straw first.

Just Carl's Jr alone has me jumping around ready to go. It's amazing just what 2 more burgers than Hardees will do. MMMMM STAR BURGER!

I had heard they closed down the Fun Dome and put in a restruant?!?! Any truth to this?

Old 02-24-2007, 06:40 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Granny Annies up in Kaysville might be an option. It's right off the Kaysville 2nd North exit of I-15. Kind of a sit-down home-town cafe type of place. Depending on how many people want to go eat, they can open up a larger banquet area to keep everyone in the same area.

Old 02-24-2007, 06:44 PM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Originally Posted by CobraXP
It's about time you show up around here Mike...

Hurry up and get back in town. I've got a new family member that will be here in September, so I need a hand getting the basement finished....
New family member? At your age? I guess congratulations are in order for you and Anne.
Sure you want my help finishing the basement? Took me a year just to finish one room. Can't stand mudding and taping. But I'm game once I get back.

Ben, are you talking about Burger Bar in Roy. Last time I had one of their shakes I think I about blew a gasket. Jaw hurts just thinking about it. If you want a big burger you should try a quadruple ben .

Last edited by mjwhip2; 02-24-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:05 PM
kcidmil
Senior User
It's been a few years since I been there, but I believe that's the place. I remember we had to walk up to the window to order everything.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:17 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by mjwhip2
New family member? At your age? I guess congratulations are in order for you and Anne.
Sure you want my help finishing the basement? Took me a year just to finish one room. Can't stand mudding and taping. But I'm game once I get back.
At my age..... you ***.....

Yeah... I remember seeing your tape and mud job...
Did you ever fix that wall?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm good for anything and anywhere we decide. Sounds like we have plenty of choices for where to go - how about a date? Mike won't be back until the 16th (even though we don't need him to have a good time ) - what does everyone else have on their calendar?

Old 02-25-2007, 10:30 AM
kcidmil
Senior User
Well I won't be there till end of June... and probably won't be settled into a house till mid July.

But if you planned on somethign earlier, go ahead.

Quick Reply: Let's get some action going in here!!!