How close do you live to me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Motorhead26
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How close do you live to me?

Williamsburg, Va
I own a 1989 F-150 302 5.0L and it is a working project! What do you owne, how big is it, and how close do you live?

Motorhead26

Old 02-12-2007, 10:58 AM
to many oft
Senior User
pretty far away but
have a big truck,79 f350 2.5 rocks and 49`s
may be comming down to greene`s raceway march 4th for the mud bogg(Disputanta)

Last edited by to many oft; 02-12-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Motorhead26
Senior User
Sweet stuff, just dropped off my 302 small block in Newport News, Va for some cleanup. I'm going to pick up my heads soon and get them cleaned up too. Add a little rebuild kit in the mix and piece together for a new/rebuilt 5.0L 302 to be dropped in my 89'! then I'll have something earworthy around town. Dual exhaust and everything will come in time. Time is of the essance, but I'm excited to see the finished results. No what I mean?

Motorhead26

Old 02-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
I live in Virginia Beach and am currently screwing up a 1978 F250 4x4

I also have a 2004 F150 I'm trying to figure out if I wanna sell it or not

Old 02-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Motorhead26
Senior User
Cool, Franken-Truck...tear that b*tch down and hook it up. I love the newer
F-150's. When they first came out I was in San Diego, Califonia and every one I saw was lifted and could crush a dump truck. The new dip near the window was so cool looking to me and that just set it off when I couldn't see nothing but tires rolling by me on the jam packed highway at about 3pm. Everyone was getting off of work and driving something like that, I would be wanting to just roll over someone elses vehicle.
I have a 89' F-150 if you check out my gallery and I am sorting out the problems one by one. Some more than others, but it's a working process. Keep it up Franken-Truck.

Motoerhead26

Old 02-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Word, I like those older trucks. . .they look like a real truck I miss my 87 all the time. . .except the electrical problems

I like the new trucks as well, looks really slick yet tough at the same time. I just don't like the monthly payment and insurance. . .I need to take it into the dealer for one last warrantied look at the tranny. . .then I'll probably put a for sale sign on it this summer. Looking to get a much older truck, something thats stupid simple to operate and take care of. . .like another 70's truck

Old 02-20-2007, 01:21 AM
kernel-panic
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Virginia Beach, VA... own and making slow progress on a daily-driveable Bronco II. The end result will be an Early Bronco 44/9" axle swap and some lift and 33s. I personally love the '78 and '79 Ford full-size trucks and Broncos, and a few other years / body styles here and there along the way.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:48 AM
kjett
Post Fiend
I live way in in northern VA, near Washington, DC. Read my sig to see my 2 running trucks. The F-150 is now my full time bogger that I keep streetable, so I can also hunt with it. Current project is swapping out the 1/2 ton stuff for 1 ton stuff.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Motorhead26
Senior User
That must be some big truck huh?

Old 02-22-2007, 05:44 AM
kjett
Post Fiend
It does alright. I can fit 40's, but I run 36" on the street. The wife hates that I have 4 sets of tires for the thing. She doesn't understand why I need them. I had to explain that I needed the Iroks for the street, light trail riding and during hunting season, and the 3 sets of Boggers (33's, 35's, 38.5's) for the bogs. Motor isn't stock, so that is the reason for the 1 ton stuff (sterling 10.25 rear, D44 HD front). I keep ripping the spring perches off the 8.8, even with the ladder bars, so I got a steal on a 10.25 that I am swapping in. Then I am changing the outters to my 79 Bronco D44 that is in the truck to 8 lug from a 78 F-250 making it basically a coil sprung, high pinion D44 HD!

Old 02-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Motorhead26
Senior User
Yeah, I know what you mean about the whole wife not understanding thing. If I buy something for my truck she says I am selfish with my money, but I just gave her $460 the other day. Selfish my ***! I have a 302 block in the shop getting cleaned, bored and honed, and all the rust taken off. I am going to turn in my 2 pairs of heads to see which two are the best. One says 4.2L on the heads and the other two are caked in greas and grime and I used some penetrating oil to clear away some grease to see what the head said. Those said 302. Mine is a 5.0L and I hope that I can use either one. Today I just took apart the headlights and grill and such, to check out my radiator support rust problem. It is eating away at my passenger bushing nut and bolt. No worries though because I have new Poly bushings and a 3" body lift that will take care of that problem for a while. Now just to fix this first so my front end don't fall off.

Motorhead26

Old 02-24-2007, 10:38 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

OK Steve and Mr.Reed!! LOL.. I may have to start looking for a Big Ford 4x4...to play with...I'am still in the middle of the 463" CJ build...and need to take a brake..for a bit...Parts arent cheap..LOL..

But someone told me Reed..that we have a pit around here somewhere?? Just a play pit ..but non the less a pit?

I need to take out some built up anxiety!!! LOL..Me an the Ol lady maybe parting ways!! So I need a cheap way to blow off some steam!! Without any of my guns in hand!! LOL..J/K....

Russ

Old 02-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Motorhead26
Senior User
Man, sorry to hear about that. I am on my 2 year anniversary this Sunday the 25th. As for me I may hand over a majorit of mypaycheck but my wife is pretty cool, so I pretty much get what I want. If I didn't I wouldn't be able to rebuild this 302 that I've got in the shop. I've still got a ways to go to get it in the shape that is worthy of a stroll down the road or to even put any type of insurance on the thing. I really need a radiator support for m truck, so please let me know if you have one or know someone, or even know a junkyard nearby. Va beach is still ok with me if I have to drive to the part that I need. I don't care if you know it is in a junkyard and you absolutely know that you can get it somehow. let me know about it and I will set something up to get it, either from you or through a contact. I REALLY NEED THIS PART. I would so appreciate it!!

Motorhead26

Old 02-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Awe, Russ. . .man, sorry to hear Good to hear from yah though, I sent a quicky e-mail with my new email address on it too you

Motor, we have a U-Wrench-It down here by Oceana. . .I don't go often in the winter, but I will keep an eye out for a radiator when I do. They are almost always garaunteed to have one, they keep a few dozen trucks in the yard, most are 1/2 ton, Windsor series blocks. Shoot, I'm still looking for an instrument cluster for VanWho

Old 02-25-2007, 10:36 AM
bluthunder
Senior User
I live here in Williamsburg. Moved here from Maine in 96. Getting ready to move back home this summer. Everything on my truck is stock, runs great. I use it as a daily driver.

Quick Reply: How close do you live to me?