Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Colo. Natives check in here....

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:36 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colo. Natives check in here....

I thought it would be interesting to see how many Co. natives we have here.

I was born in Denver, hometown of what was then called Commerce Town,and Derby too. Now the great city of Commerce City. Not a bad place back then, with the exception of the refineries and hog farms!

Old 02-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Born at St. Joe's in Denver, grew up between Denver and Aurora. I remember Mississippi Ave. turning into a dirt road East of Havana St, nothing but wheat fields To the East. Being a native wasn't so special then, I had dinner with at least 9 other natives every night. LOL

Last edited by Hypoid; 02-08-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:14 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
St. Lukes for me. My dad talks about his teen years, walking east of City Park, carrying his dad's trusty .22 and going rabbit hunting.

I know the feeling about not so special back then, I had dinner with 4 out of 5 back then myself. Mother was born in Sedgwick, lived in Sterling as a young child. Dad unfortunately, was born in St. Joe, Missouri, but we still let him hang with us today......

Old 02-13-2007, 09:49 PM
jrzoffroad
Mountain Pass
I was born in Alamosa and grew up in Littleton.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:20 AM
slowsix
Senior User
Born and raised in Denver. Missed third generation by one month. Family had a ranch and creamery in Estes Park but lost it in the depression. I remember nothing past Hampden and the Valley Highway (for those of you who know what this is) except darkness at night. Cinderella City had Cinder Alley and the Cooper Threatre was the fancy theatre. My aunt remembered watching South being built, my dad remembered the house my grandfather built across from where south would be built, the foundation being dug with a team of horses. Monkey Island at Washington Park anyone? Irvin Chevrolet? The fun house at Lakeside?

Old 02-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
I think my Mom's '"new" '68 Bel-Aire came form Irvin (?), or maybe Luby. My Dad drove Travelalls until IH stopped making them. His next work truck was a '78 F150.

One of the TV stations had "you might be a native if:". One time it was: "You met your spouse on a hayride at Glasier's Barn." My grandparents bought a defunct dairy near Glendale around 1919. Glendale was still outside Denver then. LOL The anecdotal history says that the barn parties started after a group asked to have a weenie roast on the property. Grandpa had already been a Scoutmaster and hosted events on the property. I guess it never occured to them that people would want to come there and pay for the use. The barn parties and hayrack rides were a natural for the setting.

If you went swimming in the irrigation lake during the 40's(?), you may have been a skinny-dipper; but that's another story. LOL

Old 02-20-2007, 09:22 PM
rellik74
Senior User
Born in Pueblo went to denver in 1980's for a job. Now Im down south near Trinidad. The first thing you saw going into denver was that place with the wind mill.
I remember cinder ally, spent alot of time there.
I remember going to denver to race slot cars at Celebrity Sports center(It was the group 12 yellow mustang)

Old 02-20-2007, 09:36 PM
judi48
Senior User
Born at St. Anthony's (waaaaay back when there was only one, LOL) Raised in Lakewood & Golden.
I remember when you could go to the top of Lookout mountain and see Colfax Ave. all the way from Golden thru Denver with breaks in the street lights in between the towns.
I remember being able to ride my horse from my house in Lakewood to my buddys place in Pleasantview without have to be on a paved road.
LOL, oh for the "good old days"
Judi

Old 02-21-2007, 01:15 PM
StillaKilla187
Senior User
Born and raised in colo spgs

Old 02-23-2007, 11:59 PM
bneafus
Elder User
Born at Rose...Grew up in Littleton remember when County Line Rd was the end of civilization! Cinder Alley, That's priceless!!

Old 03-02-2007, 01:30 AM
LOWBOY1979
Junior User
Born at University hospital, spent my first 9 years on a farm in Hygiene. The farmers son had a sweet 76-77 green F-250 with huge tires and all the fixens. I think that has something to do with all the trucks I dig today. I grew up the rest of my life in Estes Park. There is some nice old trucks up here, if any of you get up this way keep your eys open. I love being from Colorado. No one from Texas or California can quite understand what the front range used to be like 20 years ago, I remember and I kind of miss it. But I also have some good friends from Texas and Cali too. Good to see some locals. Jesse.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:43 PM
FrontRangeF150
Junior User
Born and raised in Longmont, and now I live there again! Moved away for about 10 years, 4 for the Marines and 6 in New Jersey (for a woman). I really regreted not moving back to Colorado after the Marines.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:21 AM
jamidei
Freshman User
Born and raised

I was born in Alamosa- grew up mostly in Durango. Now in Littleton. Love the little towns- you get more years out of your trucks there.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:28 AM
MINER311
New User
Born in the tiny town of Monte Visa. Go to school in the middle of nowhere in a potato field but in my opinion it doesnt get any better than that!

Old 03-06-2007, 02:41 PM
tbspks
Freshman User
Born in Denver, spent some time in Wyo. then moved back to Denver. Now retired I live in Canon City. Great little town.

Quick Reply: Colo. Natives check in here....