Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

By Request - the scoop on the Eastern Iowa track.....

Old 02-04-2007, 09:17 PM
GregHughesF350
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By Request - the scoop on the Eastern Iowa track.....

Hey all - I had a couple of requests, and here;s my opportunity for some free PR, so here goes..
On Highway 61, at mile marker 149, just north of DeWitt, is the new track for karting. My family developed the new establishment after spending quite a few years traveling the country racing in the World Karting Association's Manufacturers Cup series (the equivilant of Nextel to stock car racing).
Seriously - if you enjoy racing in any way whatsoever, you owe it to yourself to stop by. At our track you can rent race karts (we even provide the helmets and a 10 minute training seminar) for 15 minute increments that top out at about 50 MPH (not putt putt karts, by any means!). It's purely addicticve, and we also host league nights for folks that put mini race teams together.
We also have Saturday Night racing (for guys that own their own karts) that attracts anywhere from 30-70 drivers, depending on the weekend, from as far away as St., Louis and Chicago. We race 13 different classes, from kid karts (5-7 years old) that run about 20 mph, up to 6 speed stock shifters that top out at about 125 mph. We have food, a PA system, and tons of fun. Kind of like stock car racing at your county fairgrounds, but on a different level! We will also be hosting two regional series this year that will attract about 125-150 drivers on those particular weekends.
Tons of info, as well as some photos of the karts themselves, can be found at our website www.61kartway.com. Being that FTE members are considered the best folks on the planet in my book, let me know if you'd like to give it a go. I'll host an FTE night sometime along with a cookout or something.
If anyone has questions, please feel free to call me on my cell at 563.529.4521.

Greg

Old 02-04-2007, 09:27 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hey Greg thanks for posting that, man I see our next or upcoming GTG now has a start on planning.

Old 02-04-2007, 09:32 PM
GregHughesF350
Freshman User
To be completely honest, I have not attended any of the FTE gatherings (only been a member for a year or so), but I'd be more than happy to host one. Feel free to contact me on doing so if so desired. It would be an absolute blast!

Greg

Old 02-04-2007, 09:37 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well Greg we just had a little gtg last month not too far from you, wish you could have attended would have been great to meet as many as possible. They have been pretty small meetings so far, I think Roger (fellro) and myself are the only ones that have managed to make all of them. (I think I have been to all of them anyway) we always have a good time BSing anyway. And you may not want me on that track I tend to be slightly competitive, and give me a few minutes and I probably would modify the kart too.

Old 02-04-2007, 10:00 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yep, the two of us are the only ones to make it, although if you want to call the attempt at a multi state meet down to Keokuk a meet last summer, I guess that is only me made it to all of them... Illinois asked, and no showed, sheesh. But anyway, sounds definitely like a good place to make a meet, thrw out some dates, and see who can make it... You can organize and pick the date and all, no need for clearing it, just post it and promote it here. You can also put it in the announcements forum as well. I'll help out as I can on getting it known...

Old 02-11-2007, 07:02 AM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
Looks like a fun place I'm sure we will come down this summer