Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

starting problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Hobbybigred
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
starting problem

I have a 92 Ford Lightning 302. I bought the truck today and it ran fine. It was an older man who owned it (for show only) and said he only put maybe 400 miles on it in the past 3 yrs from driving to car shows. When we went to the tag agency he said it was the furthest the truck has been drivin. We parked it at my place and 5 min later I went to crank it and just the starter was clickin. I asked the old owner if he knew of a alarm that was put in the truck that maybe had a starter kill and he said no. The gauge was reading 12 volts and it was a new starter and battery. When i try to turn the truck over the starter clicks multiple times instead of once like it would if the battery wasnt putting out enough volts and its not turning over at all. Im not sure if this could be a starter cylinoid issue or not (Im thinkin between the cylinoid to the starter its loosing volts) and the truck hasnt really had any stress put on the motor or the parts that have been put on. If you could pass me any info it would be very helpful.