The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Long Distance Relationships

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 09:50 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Long Distance Relationships

What you guys think of them? I'm in my second one right now, going about 4 months so far. I live near Dallas, her near Austin.

It's a lot harder than most people make it out to be. Takes a lot of trust. And patience to see them.

Anyone else in them? Have thoughts on college dating someone who lives far away, etc.?

Ya'll take care now.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Patatoe1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Takes a lot of trust. And patience to see them.
Well, I think if the two of you guys have enough of this, then you two could be fine.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:17 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Had one before I went away to school. Ended it when I got to school, A year later got into another one (but we did meet at school) Married her

They are very very hard

Old 01-19-2007, 10:54 PM
NickFordMan
Posting Guru
I've done one before. It was kind of on and off. Really hard...that's for sure. Would i do it again? For sure...but like previously stated, the trust, and patience need to be there.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:38 PM
DD1684
Elder User
That's a subject that makes me recall the first (and last) time I tried the long distance thing. Didn't work at all. She never communicated with me. Very wishy-washy girl she was. Finally started to realize she had a few screws loose. Then she totally blew me off and said she didn't want a relationship (after saying she did). Ha, she's had two boyfriends since then, and I last saw her 8-9 months ago.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Mustang_68_Coupe
New User
The nice thing about a LDR is that you have quality time instead of just the quantity of time spent together ...

When you do see each other, it is because you WANT to see each other and have made it happen ... unlike just ending up hanging out because it's convenient.

It really depends on how stable and mature each of the parties IS ... and a little chemistry tossed in the mix doesn't hurt!

Old 02-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Its probably a good measure of a true relationship... I dated a girl for almost 5 years and was planning on marrying her and all kinds of warm fuzzy crap, then I moved to Maine to go to college, within a month it was pretty much over. I haven't seen or talked to her in two years and couldn't be happier. I decided I'd rather finish college than chase immature girls around. Now I have a great job, and I am close to graduating with honors. It didn't work for me... but your experience might be different. Good luck!

Old 02-12-2007, 01:43 AM
F250BgRd
Freshman User
I had one, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It all went great. We met in high school, then went to college. Her at Virginia Tech, myself at Frostburg State, up in MD. Anyone here familiar with 81? It was about a 4 hour drive. Then I did the stupid thing, and joined the army. It all worked out, when I went to Korea, and then to Iraq, but when I got back, I got stationed in Colorado, and we had many many problems. I have been back for a year and a half, and still working on getting back together with her. You have to make sure that you comunicate well. Thats the only advice I have, comunicate well, and make sure that you trust her. It could be the best thing that ever happened to you.