Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Are FORD dealers really that bad??

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 08:30 AM
linkinluver07
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Are FORD dealers really that bad??

I mean every time i look around here and in the magazines. I've always noticed how everybody always slammed the FORD dealers stating how bad customer service is. But then always saying how great the toyota dealerships are and how good their customer service is ( i wouldnt know as a dont own a toy and have no plans to buy one).

My Dealership was nothing but kind to me. I anything i wanted the first time (maybe cause they were trying so hard to sell me something, we'll see how they are when something gets broke). What was your experience with your local Ford dealer?

Last edited by linkinluver07; 01-12-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Red Star
Posting Guru
Bad? No. Slow? Yeah.

I mean, I can leave my mom's Camry to get something fixed, they would call you in few hours with repair estimates and car would be ready by the end of the day.
I leave my Mustang to get something fixed, they call you in the afternoon and car is usually ready late next day.

I bought only F-150 from Ford dealer (I bought Mustang from Mitsubishi dealer) and they were great. I would buy car from them again.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:49 AM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sales experience at most "domestic" and low-end "import" (Toyota, Nissan) dealerships in big cities is horrible. Some others seem to "get it"(VW, for example). Todays buyer doesnt want to face a line of young men in cheap suits hanging out at the entrance of the showroom. "how much can you afford per month?" "Are you going to buy TODAY?".

I am now shopping for a new passenger car to replace the aging BMW. Anything with a manual transimission is open for consideration. Located a Fusion S via the Ford site and went down there to check it out. I got the "old time" sales treatment and a demostration drive so short that I could not evaluate the car. In contrast, the VW dealership, where I drove a GTI, was enthusiastic about the product, not the "deal".

Jim

Old 01-12-2007, 11:11 AM
V10_Cougar
Elder User
The dealer where I bought my truck I had very good service. And now for warranty works was even better. I got to know the guys good in the service dept (Nelson) So all in all everytime I would call they would remember I'm the guy from such and such band. They say oh yeah, what's up dude, I remember getting my rotors turned it lasted 2-3 hours. I'm pretty happy. But I have'net visited them in 2.5 years It's weird cuz when I had warranty, little things would break, like sensors etc. They replaced it. Now 2 years laters and no warranty the Truck hasn't given me any problem. I'm pretty happy. This truck made me a FORD Guy. I was GM.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:33 AM
OSin86
Posting Guru
The Ford dealer in town here has a parts manager that doesn't know what a spark plug is and a service crew that has a hard time getting an oil filter off. I can see why some people think Ford dealers suck. I personaly go to the next town over for anything I rarely need from the dealer because they know what they're doing over there.

Same thing when I had my civic (but not near as bad). The dealer we bought it from wasn't good enough for us to return for service but we found another dealer closer to home that was great.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:42 AM
rusty70f100
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dealers are just like used cars. You can get a good one, or a bad one, of any make!

It all depends who they've got working for them.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:39 PM
DaMole
Posting Guru
We own a leasing company and buy all kind of cars and trucks mostly Ford now. I have had many experiences with different Ford dealers and every one has been great especially the local dealer here who does most of the service. I just recently bought a Toyota for someone and I called a couple Toyota Dealerships and it was horrible. There was no customer service and you were treated like they did not care if you bought something and you had to do everything on your own. I was even told when I called to see what was one the lot that they were busy and couldn’t help me but to go to the website and see what they had and call back if we knew we wanted to buy something. I finally found a Toyota and bought it(Which I was lied to about the condition) and still have not received the new tags for the truck. After calling countless times and them saying we sent them today and then no we did not send them yet. I can not even get them to send me another pair of temp tags after the ones I have have been expired for the past week. I could go on and on but just my 2-cent Ford dealerships are the best I have worked with.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:47 PM
sbunch1972
New User
my local dealer's parts dept. didn't understand what I was aking for when I wanted an egr pressure sensor??? you do the math on that.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:20 PM
V10_Cougar
Elder User
If you have a part number for them handy. Then bad service would not occur.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:26 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 441 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by V10_Cougar
If you have a part number for them handy. Then bad service would not occur.
Isn't that their job to know the parts numbers?

Old 01-12-2007, 02:54 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by seventyseven250
Isn't that their job to know the parts numbers?
I don't go anywhere without knowing exactly what I need, because no one knows anything anymore. Most of the time I get a blank stare when asking for something that isn't some type of filter.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Yes they are that bad. The dealer I bought my truck from, well their service manager and I were on a first name basis. My 04 was returned to me once with the (light grey" seat covered in black brake dust, and the service writer even parked it there and locked the keys in it for me! Needless to say, I left it there, wrote a NASTY night drop note, and called and spoke to some poor soul in the sales department when I got home. This was after the service manager and I had the seatcover talk after I watched a tech get in my truck with a dirty rag in his back pocket (no seatcover of course). They did a tsb for the back window and scratched the paint, I got a free detail out of that one, and a loaner truck, and to top it off they never fixed the problem! The seat time was 2 days before I left for a weekend of towing the camper, went in for nasty vibration, which they "fixed" and didn't (of course), and then I made them come and pick me up to get the truck, because I had already bothered people to take me there and have to bring me back without the truck. I now use another dealer, who is much better.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:53 PM
V10_Cougar
Elder User
Yes, they are suppose to know. But, to get better and quicker service It is always nice to have it handy. So you can make sure you get the right part. IMO

Old 01-14-2007, 05:32 PM
DD1684
Elder User
My dealer is rather knowledgeable and friendy to say the least. I just hate going there because I know it means I have to spend money. Last time I went was in July for an oil change because I was too lazy to do it myself .

Old 01-15-2007, 03:58 PM
osbornk
Postmaster
Originally Posted by rusty70f100
Dealers are just like used cars. You can get a good one, or a bad one, of any make! It all depends who they've got working for them.
Exactly! I've had my best experience and my worst experience at Ford Dealers. I think the most important person at the dealership is the service manager. That is where the impression is made, whether it is them personally or the help they hire.

Quick Reply: Are FORD dealers really that bad??