Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Looking for a Bio-Diesel Partner

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 09:02 PM
CheaperJeeper
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a Bio-Diesel Partner

I've been doing a lot of reading and asking a lot of questions and am now interested in setting up a small Bio-Diesel production operation. Nothing large, mind you, just a small 35-gallon-per-batch setup. Should be able to produce enough to keep a couple of trucks supplied with all the fuel they'll need by putting in a few hours a month worth of effort.

Trouble is, although I now understand how to make it, and can afford the investment to buy the equipment, I don't have anyplace to set it up. So, I'm looking for a partner. You supply the space, I'll supply the equipment, and we can split the cost of supplies and the waste
oil gathering duties.

Only "catch" is you have to be close by enough that it isn't too much of a hassle for me to swing by for fill-ups. I live in Kent and work in Sout Seattle. Anybody around here in the South Seattle, Kent, Fife, Milton, Tukwila, area who would be interested? Send me a PM if you're interested....

Old 01-13-2007, 01:06 PM
hydrosmith
Senior User
Jeeper, have you checked out Dr. Dan in Ballard? He's been buying BIO for at least a couple of years now. You are in for some stiff compitition. Seattle BIO started up in the past year, a new high production facility is due to start out in Grays Harbor county if it hasn't already and one is running in Wenatchee I hear.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:32 PM
CheaperJeeper
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by hydrosmith
Jeeper, have you checked out Dr. Dan in Ballard? He's been buying BIO for at least a couple of years now. You are in for some stiff compitition. Seattle BIO started up in the past year, a new high production facility is due to start out in Grays Harbor county if it hasn't already and one is running in Wenatchee I hear.
Not to be rude, but did ya' read anything in the first post - anything other than just the thread subject?

I'm not looking for a partner to go into business - just for someone with the space to set up the production equipment and split the work to home-brew fuel for our own trucks.

Competition hasn't got anything to do with it - unless you think one of those guys you mentioned is going to sell it to me for less than what I can make it myself