Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: pbsdaddy
View Poll Results: *****VOTE ON HOW THE DELAWARE CHAPTER IS ORGANIZED*****
I approve the recommendations submitted by glruff, Chapter Leader.
100.00%
I disapprove the recommendations, see my post below.
0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

HOW THE DELAWARE CHAPTER IS ORGANIZED!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 01:32 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Exclamation HOW THE DELAWARE CHAPTER IS ORGANIZED!

My recommendation to the Delaware Chapter is to organize the chapter sort of like our state government, with the following leaders being elected annually by vote of the general membership.

Chapter Leader
Board Member--New Castle County
Board Member--Kent County
Board Member--Sussex County
Board Member--At Large

The Board would conduct the day to day business of the Chapter and report directly to the members any decisions made by the Board. Keeping the Board small will allow timely decision-making on matters concerning the Chapter.

Chapter Secretary--Will be appointed by the Chapter Leader from the Delaware Members. The Secretary should live in close proximity to the Chapter Leader so if necessary, face to face meetings can be held in a timely manner.

The Chapter Leader will vote on matters only in the case of a tie vote of the Board.

Three Board members will be considered the quorum necessary to conduct Chapter business. The Chapter Leader will count in the quorum total.

The Board can conduct Chapter business in person, by email, by pm, by instant messaging or any other means deem to be appropriate by the Chapter Leader.

The Board will NOT be empowered to obligate Chapter members, monetarily with out a majority vote of ALL Chapter members voting in any poll taken.

The Chapter Leader and/or Chapter Secretary will notify all Chapter members by email or pm of new polls posted in a thread on the Delaware Chapter that requires Chapter Members to vote on Chapter matters.

Polls submitted to the Chapter members will remain open for a seven(7) day period after which time the poll will be closed and the votes of the Chapter members will be tallied by the Chapter Leader, certified by the Board and reported to the Chapter members.

Only those threads posted by the Chapter Leader and/or the Chapter Secretary will be considered authorized by the Board. If a member would like a vote taken of the Chapter members, that request must be submitted to the Chapter Leader, the Chapter Secretary or any Board member to be discussed at the next scheduled Board meeting.

The Board, when organized, will have the opportunity to modify or change the procedures it will follow with approval of a majority of the Chapter members voting.

Keeping things as simple as possible will allow the Board to maintain the vitality and promote the growth of the Chapter.

These are my recommendations to get the business side of the Delaware Chapter moving along.

Feel free to agree or disagree, either way WE NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU, the members of the Delaware Chapter.

Don't forget to vote, this poll will remain open for seven days only, at which time if a majority of those members voting approves, then elections for the Board seats will be conducted.

Thank you all for the support shown in getting our Chapter started.

Last edited by glruff; 06-07-2019 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Title changed.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:29 PM
savage2211
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also take offense...This is all being put to a vote..and we(the DE chapter) will decide who will be apointed and who will be voted in. I dont see anything our leader has done wrong and dont think he is the kind of leader that would step on our toes....also who are you to say someone cant afford something....You dont know us!

Old 01-06-2007, 09:49 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think what George has proposed sounds like a very good idea...I think it will be a good way to get more people involved.

I don't know if I read the same post Wolf did...but I didn't see anywhere that George was wanting to charge people for membership...and I read through it 3 times.

George, like I said, it sounds like a great plan, and you have my support 100%. And I say this not wanting or expecting anything in return.

Tim

Old 01-07-2007, 07:31 AM
DetailerDave
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why, would anyone in their right mind, want to organize ANYTHING, like our state government?

Old 01-07-2007, 07:56 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Dave, the "sort of like our state government" was used in a rhetorical sense, as an example. Would it have made a difference to you if the reference was left out completely?

The point made is that each county will have equal representation on the Board. Hopefully, there will be none of the above/below the canal, up state/down state, or lower slower thing going on in the chapter.

Thank you for your opinion. Do you have any alternatives to offer?

Don't forget to vote, either for or against the proposal, your vote is important to the Chapter.

Last edited by glruff; 01-07-2007 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:00 AM
surewhynot
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It looks good to me. Looks like alot of thought went into it. Well done!

Old 01-07-2007, 09:08 AM
DetailerDave
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by glruff
Dave, the "sort of like our state government" was used in a rhetorical sense, as an example. Would it have made a difference to you if the reference was left out completely?
I figured that was the case, and I failed to post a smiley to make my intention clear.

The point made is that each county will have equal representation on the Board. Hopefully, there will be none of the above/below the canal, up state/down state, or lower slower thing going on in the chapter.
I wasn't aware of a "need" for "equal representation", by county. It would seem to me that a Delaware, or any other chapter, for that matter, would be to "unite" members who are geographically close to one another, in the event that anyone wanted to get together, for whatever reason, or offer real help to another member, such as lend a hand to pull a trans, change a ball joint, diagnose a problem, put up a shed, etc. Some things just can't be resolved over the internet.

Thank you for your opinion. Do you have any alternatives to offer?
Not really! I try to avoid politics.

Don't forget to vote, either for or against the proposal, your vote is important to the Chapter.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:31 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Dave, good post.

The Chapter needs, so I am told, leadership to promote the growth, prosperity, and fellowship among its members. This is all that is trying to be achieved in this thread.

Providing a proposal for electing that leadership, nothing more, nothing less.

In one week nominations to fill those positions will be requested. When the nominations are filled, a vote will be taken to fill the Board seats.

G2G's for members helping members sounds like a great topic to post in the Delaware Chapter forum. Excellent idea! Geographically speaking, I am only about 1 1/2hrs to Wilmington. Not far to travel to help a friend in need. Might get lost, but that's why I have a GPS.

Old 01-07-2007, 03:46 PM
savage2211
Post Fiend
Yes,I also Think qur chapter is moveing along nicely...Thank you GLRUFF for every thing you have done. with out you the delaware chapter would still be a wet dream!

Old 01-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think you're going to do a phenominal job - and Delaware just might be a chapter others may have to try hard to keep up with!

Old 01-08-2007, 02:32 PM
DoubleJ73
Junior User
Lot's of good dialog going around. My 2 cents....let's roll with it. If it appears that something down the road needs to be changed, we'll change it then. Kudos to all of you for taking time to get things together...and keeping good communication flowing without too many feelings getting hurt.

One question...do we have a secret handshake!!??

Thanks....J.J.

2003 F250 Sonic Blue 4x4 Reg. cab - Straight pipes!! yeah!
1984 Bronco II 302 v8 - my toy!

Old 01-08-2007, 03:02 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,091 Likes on 2,155 Posts
i guess that no one is gonna vote no on this one.
seems to me that George strikes again with another good idea

Last edited by tjc transport; 01-08-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:55 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
BTW, Dutch, I am still gonna count your affirmative vote if favor of the Delaware Chapter.

"Roger that"! Your friend George.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:41 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
It's the little things in life that counts. That's what makes it all worth while.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:31 PM
dlr71
Senior User
"If you think you can or you think you can't, you will ALWAYS be right." -- Henry Ford

Take if from the guy that started it all he drove a FORD

Keep up the good work

dlr71

Quick Reply: HOW THE DELAWARE CHAPTER IS ORGANIZED!