General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Theft: Does it make you as mad as it makes me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 10:40 PM
83bigbroncoguy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday while I was at school someone stole my two JL Audio subs, all of my CDs, and the 14 kt. gold chain that my mother got me for Christmas two years ago. They would've taken my CD player too, but they couldn't get it out. While they were there, they decided to take my stepbrother's Pioneer CD player and his band new Legacy amp out of his truck (an S-10, but that's beside the point). Two days before that, someone (probably the same person) broke in our house and stole his two Polk Audio 10s. I don't know about all of you, but nothing makes me madder than someone stealing the things that I paid my hard-earned money for. If (and WHEN) I find this person, I'm going to make sure that they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law (and maybe throw in a little something else to make myself feel better). How do the rest of you feel about theft?

Old 12-04-2002, 10:55 PM
superrangerman2002
Logistics Pro
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I hear ya,

last year someone broke into my truck box and stole all my tools, jacks, tow ropes, etc. They even took the sheet rock screws that were rolling around on the truck box floor!!! What still puzzles me to this day, is that they only thing that they left was a half gallon of washer fluid, Good Grief they took the fin screws, why not the washer fluid?

Old 12-05-2002, 12:03 AM
big_daddy_velvet
Elder User

I caught a guy breaking into my neighbor's car once. I hit him in the back with a brick from about 5 feet away. He fell to his knees, screamed something in Vietnamese, and then my neighbor came out and we held him down until the cops got there. His lawyer tried to say that we assaulted him, but they couldn't come up with a weapon because I put it back in my neighbors truck and he made a wall out of it. The only bad part was, the guy turned out to be 16 and I could have done it without the brick. Oh well, man. If you are going to break into me or my neighbor's ride or house, you better be ready to get smacked!
BDV

Old 12-05-2002, 12:11 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been violated 5 times > 4 times my truck.

On the 3rd episode I caught 2 Vietnamese guys in the act.
One took off with $5000.00 worth of Camera equipment,
What happened to the Guy that I caught?

Well, As the police arrived he was heard singing
"Goodness Gracious Great ***** On Fire"

Dennis

F.T.E. Assistant Administrator

http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/SigSanta.JPG
[font color=red]
"May The Spirit Of Christmas Be An Inspiration To You Throughout The Year"
[/font]

[link:www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html|Club FTE]

[link: motorhaven.autoanything.com|How YOU Can Support This Site]

[link:www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Mil1ion.html|My Website,"North Of The 49th"]

Old 12-05-2002, 01:30 AM
rocky
Elder User

I was getting robbed repeatedly, so made it my hobby to get revenge. Me and some buddies spent three years on our "mission." Video-taped the crooks in action, even baited them so they'ed steal, on tape. So far, one guy ended up doing five years (police Major's son), one six months, one is in for twenty years (a cop's kid), two more for six months, and one got hisself shot dead (good riddance). All or partially because of our efforts.
Things I've learned from all this: You most likely know who ripped you off, but the people in your area won't be too interested in helping you catch them as they probrably bought your stuff. The Police are either participitants or relatives, and even if not, they don't give a damn about your stuff or you. Don't really on the police to help you, use them as errand boys only, they are good only for writing reports. Deal directly with the D.A. Finally, revenge IS SWEET!

Old 12-05-2002, 05:12 AM
1997RangerXLT
Posting Guru

What is absolutely funny is the special one way screws that are sold to assemble bathroom walls and dividers but not stereos.

Is anyone trying to steal those bathroom walls?

Who is in-charge here?

Old 12-05-2002, 09:49 AM
KJKozak2
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hear ya! It sucks - plain and simple.

I had a stereo stolen out of my old pickup. I wasn't bothered by the cost of it or the fact that they busted out my side window to get it, as much as the fact that it was MINE. I felt like I personally was attacked. That was 15 years ago and it still makes me mad (even though these guys hit over 50 cars that night and were caught).

Kevin K.

Old 12-05-2002, 10:31 AM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One time when I was 10, I was home with my mother and sister (my dad was working a 24/hr shift at the fire station) and someone decided to break into our house. He took a knife and unlocked one of the cellar windows and climbed in. That is the area of where all my tools are. He proceded into the other side of the floor(the floor is separated into two rooms), a tv room, where the alarm sensor caught him and went off. He got scared and ran but we never knew he left. I was pretty scared, after that I had trouble sleeping for a year or so. To this day we have no idea who did it. One time we got bikes stolen from our shed, no idea who did it. My dad just recently got $600 of tools taken from his van, and a few other minor incidents. Never knew who that was. Stinks doesn't it.

Primary rig is Green Thunder:
95' F-150 XLT 4x4, 302, 5 spd, MSD 6A, Flowmaster Exhaust, Sunroof, Clear corners w/ Diamond headlights, CD player with 2 10" subs and some 32" BFG Muds .

Check out my Gallery for a look-see.

Justin - One Happy FTE Member

Old 12-05-2002, 10:47 AM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Read a great story about theft in this mornings paper. A local business man parked his truck in a shopping center and entered a store. When he came out he saw a guy remove two full plastic bags from his truck and jump into a car and speed away. Turns out that the guy runs a service that removes dog poop from local lawns and the thief stole two fresh bags. The truck owner told police to tell the thief (if they cought him) that there's plenty more where that came from.
Dono

Old 12-05-2002, 11:38 AM
cek181
Elder User

last semseter at school i had 4 bikes stolen from me. freon on the locks and a hammer and they are gone. some people have no conscience or know whats right or wrong anymore.

chris

Old 12-05-2002, 01:05 PM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anymore? I don't know about that, stealing has been around long before I came to this earth.

Primary rig is Green Thunder:
95' F-150 XLT 4x4, 302, 5 spd, MSD 6A, Flowmaster Exhaust, Sunroof, Clear corners w/ Diamond headlights, CD player with 2 10" subs and some 32" BFG Muds .

Check out my Gallery for a look-see.

Justin - One Happy FTE Member

Old 12-05-2002, 03:27 PM
FarmForward
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have a problem with someone stealing gas from my farm tanks. I had a good idea who it might have been (my neighbor's son), since the tracks he left were about a foot wide and the kid had an old Dodge Charger with those fat tires on the rear. He'd always pick times that I was'nt around, too, so he had to be close enough to know my comings and goings... he never did come at night or if he thought I might be around. I found footprints around my garage a few times where he'd looked in to see if my truck was there.

The way I fooled him was simple. I switched the diesel and gas tanks. They sat side by side and were the same color, so when I got them empty, the next time the tankwagon delivered fuel, I had him put it in the opposite tank.

The kid showed up a few days later and filled his car up with diesel...made it about a half-mile down the road and was sitting there with the hood up when I came back home. I stopped and asked him what the matter was (like any good neighbor should) and got a dose of for my troubles. I told him that he was lucky twice...first since I was not gonna call the cops, although I was going to let his father know, and second that I was not gonna beat the living hell outta his theivin' rear end.

Old 12-05-2002, 03:30 PM
Vampiro
Cargo Master

had the battery stolen out of my truck a few years ago, some guy broke into my dads garage to steal a shovel and remtoe controled car, our hose was broken into, and my truck was broken into a few times. just really gets under my skin. when i found out who broke into my truck last if it wasn't for my dad coming i prolly would really hurt that kid bad.

Old 12-05-2002, 03:49 PM
cek181
Elder User

>Anymore? I don't know about that, stealing has been around
>long before I came to this earth.

yea i spose you got a legitamite point there

chris

Old 12-05-2002, 09:24 PM
mikemc
Elder User

I work in retail and I enjoy seeing people cry and panic when they realize we actually prosecute shoplfters.

Quick Reply: Theft: Does it make you as mad as it makes me?