2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Any problems with your 2007 so far???

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Randy B
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any problems with your 2007 so far???

I just had a wheel tire pressure sensor go bad and the strap that held it broke. Will be next week when the part comes in. I have had a vibration problem ever since I took delivery and have been back twice for it so far. Keep re-balancing the wheels and road forcing them. Service Manager is going to order a driveshaft next week, and see if this solves problem. Finally have ruled out the wheels and tires.

Randy B

Old 12-24-2006, 08:56 AM
ExpyBob
Senior User
I had a balance problem too.

They sent me to a place that had the Hunter road force balancer.

They found the front two tires could not be balanced below a "road force " number of 25. (max allowable)

The dealer replaced the front tires and all is smooth now (up to 100mph).

One time the mirrors started folding themselvves and I found out there's a TSB for that. They need to change the driver seat module. I'll bring that up during my 1st oil change.

Bob

Old 12-24-2006, 09:21 AM
kimminau2
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope, running great.

Old 12-24-2006, 12:02 PM
nckracer
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just had a tire pressure sensor fault warning that won't go away. Will take in next week for repair.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Randy B
Junior User
Originally Posted by nckracer
Just had a tire pressure sensor fault warning that won't go away. Will take in next week for repair.
Well, I returned home this evening from the dealer with a new tire pressure sensor, and after 42 miles of driving the warning light has shown it's ugly head again. Back to the dealer in the morning again. The good news is they indexed the tires on the rims, and seem to have eliminated the vibration in the ride. One for two I guess.

Randy B

Old 01-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Randy B
Junior User
Back from Dealer this morning....

Originally Posted by Randy B
Well, I returned home this evening from the dealer with a new tire pressure sensor, and after 42 miles of driving the warning light has shown it's ugly head again. Back to the dealer in the morning again. The good news is they indexed the tires on the rims, and seem to have eliminated the vibration in the ride. One for two I guess.

Randy B

Technician, retrained all the TPM Sensors. We all hope this will solve the problem this time.

Time will tell.....

Randy B

Old 02-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Randy B
Junior User
Another strap broke

I just had another tire pressure sensor strap break. Feels like you have a loose tennis ball in the wheel. Really scres up the steering and the vibration is horrible. This is Sensor number three. I am think I am going to look into filling out the Lemon Law paperwork. This is horrible so far.

Randy B

Old 02-12-2007, 04:07 PM
buttbutt
New User
Minor stuff, but the rear glass button on the remote is too sensitive. I had them burn/sand it off on both keys. It opens too accidentally when unlocking the doors and serves no purpose since you still have to lift it, and the button to release it is 2 inches away.

Seat memory button went in all the way and was stuck. Quickly fixed.

A lot of glare on the nav screen during the day, added with fingerprints this is annoying, should be angled to the driver a little.

Cup holders for the driver stink. Can't stink a smallish gatorade bottle in without jamming it in.

Sirius display, like at least all ford radio's I've seen, doesn't scroll if artist/album is longer than the display length (have other sirius radios, all of which do this).

Got used to my wife's vovlo rear seat entertainment where it is a little annoying, but it only plays in rear and front speakers you can play whatever you want through. Wtih the Ford, it goes through the whole car unless you use headphones (I believe). Each has its plus and minus, but with kids too young to deal with headphones, each can be annoying.

Wish middle seat of 40/20/40 was removable for a poor man's captain chair. With multiple car seats, the rear is tough to get to.

Auto unpoisitioning of the drivers seat on key removal is annoying when you have car seats behind you, especially the rear facing variety.

Otherwise seems to drive well and the mileage isn't much worse than my wife's much more car-like XC90.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Dave_N
New User
Originally Posted by buttbutt
Auto unpoisitioning of the drivers seat on key removal is annoying when you have car seats behind you, especially the rear facing variety.
This feature can be disabled - double check the owner's manual but I think you can turn that off via the set-up menu (assuming you have the message center on your Expy).

Dave

Old 02-13-2007, 12:41 PM
buttbutt
New User
Originally Posted by Dave_N
This feature can be disabled - double check the owner's manual but I think you can turn that off via the set-up menu (assuming you have the message center on your Expy).

Dave
Scoured it a bit, seems you can set a new end point for it and it won't go past there on future attempts, but didn't see any way of disabling it through the message center which I do have.

That said, as soon as the kids aren't rear facing, I doubt I'll care.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Dave_N
New User
Perhaps I was mistaken. If I run across the details, I'll chime back in.

Dave

Old 02-13-2007, 01:44 PM
gristanv
Freshman User
Thumbs up Easy entry/exit

This feature automatcally moves the drivers seat backwards for easy exit from vehicle.
1. To disable/enable the easy entry/exit seat future, select this function from the SETUP control for the current display mode on Massage Center.
2. Press the RESET control to turn the easy entry/exit ON or OF.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Dave_N
New User
Originally Posted by gristanv
1. To disable/enable the easy entry/exit seat future, select this function from the SETUP control for the current display mode on Massage Center.
Dang!! I wish my Expy came with a "Massage Center" Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Glad to see a "local" on this board. I'm in Central Ma, just west of Woostah

Dave

Old 02-13-2007, 10:36 PM
canadian expy
New User
Limp_home

2007 Expedition LTD.
Ordered every option available and love the truck - EXCEPT FOR:
I have 2000KM on truck and tranny just started acting very weird yesterday, shifting has been noisy and lethargic on downshift around the 80KMH mark. Mentioned this to dealer and they asked me to keep an eye on it as it is going for first service at 3500Km anyway. Tonight the "Wrench " indicator light started blinking in the driver information screen and the truck started shifting up and down at random. The Manual says "Limp-home" mode and see dealer as soon as possible. I am quite unhappy with this as the vehicle is only 2 weeks old. I am a ford of Canada Employee and I know that the expeditions have had many tranny problems in the past. Just some heads up to other owners to keep a close eye on the trannys and their behaviour. There should be NO weird shifting on this new transmission..or so they claim to have fixed this. After turning the vehicle off and back on, the light cleared but the shifting problems continued. It is going straight to the dealer in the morning and I will update you when i know more!
Wish me luck!

Old 02-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Dragrazor
Senior User
Originally Posted by ExpyBob
I had a balance problem too.

They sent me to a place that had the Hunter road force balancer.

They found the front two tires could not be balanced below a "road force " number of 25. (max allowable)

The dealer replaced the front tires and all is smooth now (up to 100mph).

One time the mirrors started folding themselvves and I found out there's a TSB for that. They need to change the driver seat module. I'll bring that up during my 1st oil change.

Bob
what brand of tires?

Quick Reply: Any problems with your 2007 so far???