Join Chapter, Leader: sky Cowboy

Christmas plans?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 10:27 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Christmas plans?

Well guys, any of you guys have any christmas plans at all?

Old 12-17-2006, 10:42 PM
FirstTry
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
staying home, my sister and her bf are coming up from langley. grandparents are undecided whether to go to the coast this year and see the rest of the family or stay here. gonna be a quiet christmas this year. gotta think of something romantic to do with the lady friend over christmas break though, help would be very apprecitaed in that situation. how bout you preppy? or are staying in camp and working straight through?

Old 12-18-2006, 01:00 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Im actually waiting for a call from a different job, so Im down in the lower mainland right now too. Doesnt look like I will have the extra funds to head anywhere except maybe vancouver, so Im just gonna hang around here with the woman.

As for romantic plans, damn it all depends on what kind of woman you have!

Old 12-18-2006, 12:13 PM
bchunter
Elder User
My little bro just came up from Kelowna on Saturday. Don't ask him about romantic plans as his fiance just left him after being together for 5.5 yrs. So we had a session with Dr. Gibsons on Saturday night and Dr. Pilsner last night and got everything straightened out. My pa flys up on Fri, so we are having Christmas here, which is a nice change. We put our foot down and said enough of us always going down to Kelowna for Christmas, we are the ones with the kid so they can come and see us. Who knew that they would actually call our bluff

As for romantic idea's, preppy has it right, it depends on your lady friend. Snow camo could be handy this year Hide and seek

Old 12-18-2006, 12:30 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Oh man that sucks about your lil bro! What a time to break up with him too just before xmas.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:35 PM
bchunter
Elder User
Ya, it was a total surprise to him. I guess that she just wanted to live the single party life more. They had planned to go to Scotland together for Christmas since that is where her mom is and my little bro cancelled his ticket and came up here. He is taking it OK. He is the one with the good job making the $ so he can move on. It's just the blind sideing that really sucks.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:38 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Yeah man I can imagine how he feels. At least you had Dr. pilsner to help him out haha.

Old 12-18-2006, 01:27 PM
bchunter
Elder User
Dr. Pil, aka Vitamin P is a handy home remedy.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:51 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Ive used that medicine tons of times myself too Here I thought only us sask boys drank that stuff out here!

Old 12-18-2006, 06:28 PM
FirstTry
Posting Guru
oo vitamin P, i remember my dad dealing with him way back when. now everyone around here just seems to hang out and drink budweiser. me, im a wildcat man, "whiskey in a can" ..........kidding. i couldnt think of a way to put budweiser into the sentence like Dr.P, i feel so inadequate.

too bad about your brother though. least now he can enjoy that single life as well. and definetly right, jsut about anything over kelowna,yuch, such a ratrace

Old 12-19-2006, 10:57 AM
bchunter
Elder User
Originally Posted by preppypyro
Here I thought only us sask boys drank that stuff out here!
Come North. It is the beer out here. Where drinking by yourself is socialy accepted Actually I have a buddy that used to live in Masset (on the Charlottes) and I called him one night cause my wife was working in camp, so I was watching the boob tube and Dr. P and I were having an indepth discussion fixing all the worlds problems when I decided to share my new found wisdom with my buddy in Masset. Well it ended up that he was doing the same thing with his Mexican friend Mr. Corrona, so the four of us stayed up all night getting pie-eyed and had a discussion via the phone while watching the same shows on TV. I know it's kinda lame but it kinda funny too.

Ya, I am so glad I moved out of Kelowna and the south. When my family comes up here all they do is sleep. I think that the oxygen cleans out their brains and the slower pace of live actually slows them down and they rest some.

And nothing wrong with Bud. We all have to have our friends. I just prefer the schollored ones

Old 12-19-2006, 01:07 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Yeah the oxygen down here isnt as good as up north, I can tell that each time I head farther north. Sounds like you guys have some good times up there!

Old 12-19-2006, 01:53 PM
pud
Posting Guru
Going back to Winfield for x-mas this year with the wifey my kids. I barely get down there anymore so Im excited. I miss the south, Im in Quesnel now and theres nowhere nice to go swimming. I like the lakes in the okanagan, but its too expensive to live there.

Old 12-19-2006, 02:38 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
It is nice and expensive to live there. I have a cousin that lives in winfield, its really nice out there.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:05 PM
pud
Posting Guru
I grew up there, its really nice to be able to pick from 3 different lakes and be at any one of them within 5-10 minutes from the other....seems these days anything from Cache Creek south to the border is insainly expensive. Its bad when you pay over $100,000 for an older used mobile in a park. You could buy a $30,000 trailer and replace it with a brand new one for that. Forget about buying a house for under $300,000

Quick Reply: Christmas plans?