Has anyone had any dealings with this company? EZ Biodiesel

Old 12-11-2006, 04:42 AM
leskwvo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by superpony18
Has anyone had any dealings with this company? EZ Biodiesel
Run run away.

Don't let anyone talk you into a $2,000 + Bio reactor. Friends don't let friends use Plastic tanks in Bio making.

Erick
05 PSD Two Tank WVO

Old 12-11-2006, 07:00 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Like Erick said, RUN,RUN,RUN! Overpriced, and OLD technology.................

FABMANDELUX.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:44 PM
superpony18
Senior User
Ok, I came to the conclusion that the built reactors aren't worth it a while ago after alot of reading in books and fabman's posts. Now I need to convince my wifeit would be better. (I don't have a good track record of fallowing through with projects.)

Fabman, I am interested in an open style but have limited space and haven't even checked them out besides your pics.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:44 AM
jeep1947
Senior User

Hey superpony I have a open system that is built like fabmans he gave drawings for 500 gallon processor just scaled it down I will get some pic up in the next few days. Dont laugh I am still in the refinement stage but what I have makes GOOD bio. I think I have about $200 total invested as I already had a bunch of pumps. Just follow fabs instructions and keep reading the forum.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:22 AM
superpony18
Senior User
I read some old posts of fabman's and he said he was going to write up a parts list and plans and post them. Do you know if he did and how I could get my hands on them. Also I am already collecting wvo what pump should I use to transfer it to my drying tank. Is the 12/24 volt oil transfer pump worth it?

Old 12-13-2006, 10:41 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
I read some old posts of fabman's and he said he was going to write up a parts list and plans and post them. Do you know if he did and how I could get my hands on them. Also I am already collecting wvo what pump should I use to transfer it to my drying tank. Is the 12/24 volt oil transfer pump worth it?
Try this for an idea: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...schematic.html

I'm trying to finish up a set of plans for Tom today, and will email them to you also if you PM me your regular email address.

FABMANDELUX.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:06 PM
mongo75
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Fabman- we emailed eachother back and forth a couple of times, and I'm pretty sure I got a handle on making my processor, but could you repost your schematics? I could get them from the PDF file that was posted before. THanks!!

Old 12-14-2006, 05:03 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by mongo75
Hey Fabman- we emailed eachother back and forth a couple of times, and I'm pretty sure I got a handle on making my processor, but could you repost your schematics? I could get them from the PDF file that was posted before. THanks!!
Mongo, look just above your post! I reposted the link..............

FABMANDELUX

Old 12-21-2006, 10:03 AM
superpony18
Senior User
couple questions, Was I told to run away bacause of the company or the product? I do still plan on making my own processor still just curious. Also why is the plastic bad to use? Thanks

Old 12-21-2006, 02:21 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
couple questions, Was I told to run away bacause of the company or the product? I do still plan on making my own processor still just curious. Also why is the plastic bad to use? Thanks
Both! There are a number of companies getting on the bandwagon of building processors. Most are using "old" technology, and overpriced systems [notice how they all look similar?].

Plastic is OK for storage, BUT NOT FOR REACTORS! If you would like I can post links of fires that have been caused by plastic reactors. Even using plastic tanks for storage is not recommended if they are close to your reactor. The biodiesel fire in Salem Or last summer started in the office, but they were using 275 gallon plastic totes for storage and the sides melted and the fuel in 2 full totes caught fire and burned the building to the ground! If they had been using steel tanks they could have saved the building...............

Old 12-21-2006, 03:14 PM
willbd
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Canby fire

Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Both! There are a number of companies getting on the bandwagon of building processors. Most are using "old" technology, and overpriced systems [notice how they all look similar?].

Plastic is OK for storage, BUT NOT FOR REACTORS! If you would like I can post links of fires that have been caused by plastic reactors. Even using plastic tanks for storage is not recommended if they are close to your reactor. The biodiesel fire in Salem Or last summer started in the office, but they were using 275 gallon plastic totes for storage and the sides melted and the fuel in 2 full totes caught fire and burned the building to the ground! If they had been using steel tanks they could have saved the building...............
Here is a link to the fire. http://www.salem-news.com/articles/j...fire_62406.php

I have been to the site after the fire and the photo's make the damage look bigger than it was. I don't know why more of the place did not burn up.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:13 PM
superpony18
Senior User
Thanks guys, Merry Christmas to all.