Finished!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 08:48 PM
AndysFords
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finished!!!

Well I'm finally done with my reactor, well almost, me and my dad built and welded it up, but I left him to do the plumbing with galvanized pipe and he decided he didn't need thread tape!! I stuck a water hose over in it to test out my pumps I attached and it sprung leaks everywhere!!!!!!!! And then we had to go out of town for a week, we finished last Friday, were hoping for a batch to travel on Saturday, but didn't get it. But we'll be back next Saturday and I'm sure we'll get a batch made. I am extremely excited.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:22 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool. I'm excited for you. You'll have to let me come look at it sometime.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:08 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Good for you Andy! We'll have you smiling every time you pass a gas station yet! Pictures! We must have pictures

FABMANDELUX.

Old 11-30-2006, 09:55 AM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Show off.

I may have found a partner yesterday for my setup. I had to re-educate him yesterday the veggie is not bio and he says its costing him 1.50 to super clean veggie and run it. I enlighted him but he is a lil stuck on thinking that he can convert without chemicals. Oh well.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Phydeaux88
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If he can really convert without chemicals buy some coal and have him use his power to make diamonds. That will actually be easier than than the VO to BD conversion.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:27 PM
willbd
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kennedyford
Show off.

I may have found a partner yesterday for my setup. I had to re-educate him yesterday the veggie is not bio and he says its costing him 1.50 to super clean veggie and run it. I enlighted him but he is a lil stuck on thinking that he can convert without chemicals. Oh well.
$1.5 just to clean WVO?

Old 11-30-2006, 06:26 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Yep, I just sent him an email to come and observe our bio page here on FTE. And I emphasized both Phyd.. and Fab as the posters to read.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:55 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Aw shucks

FABMANDELUX.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:52 PM
AndysFords
Posting Guru
Well I've been busy for the past two weeks, but I think Today I got all the threads sealed and I will be busy tomorrow, but Satuday I should get my first batch made, then my dad is heading back to Arkansas Sunday, so he will hopefully have a tank for the trip! That should be the ultimate test. I ran off a blender test batch last weekend, got all my pH stuff right, so I believe I'm ready. I found a place that sells NEW oil in bulk for $1.25 a gal, I don't know if it is worth it, it seems a little high, but sure beats having to pick it up and filter it, I went to one local restaraunt and got my barrel full from the back home, and its solid white, I think the top came off at some point and they got a lot of water in it, so i'm going to have to poor it out. My dad is hauling the reactor back with him, so I'll have to wait till I get out there in a few weeks to get some pictures, unless I can do that Saturday maybe, However, Cookie, if you want to, just PM me and I will give you my dads number and you can go look whenever.

EDIT: Oh and by the way Fabman, I've been running SVO in the old IDI for several months, but I just knew that wasn't a permanent solution, plus I wanted something to run in the powerstroke. SO I'VE BEEN LAUGHING MY HEAD OFF GOING BY THE GAS STATIONS SINCE LATE JULY!

Last edited by AndysFords; 12-07-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:31 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by AndysFords

EDIT: Oh and by the way Fabman, I've been running SVO in the old IDI for several months, but I just knew that wasn't a permanent solution, plus I wanted something to run in the powerstroke. SO I'VE BEEN LAUGHING MY HEAD OFF GOING BY THE GAS STATIONS SINCE LATE JULY!
TOOOO COOOOL!

I still grin every time I pass one Jeep Taylor [who posts here...but not enough ] and now you! Our little biodiesel community is growing. Tom will be next....if somebody gets his drawings done............<grin>

Keep us informed on your progress, AND REMEMBER... PICTURES!!!

Old 12-09-2006, 04:55 PM
jeep1947
Senior User

OK Fab make me feel guilty just cause I been busy with my processor. Since our conversation Thursday I have 50 gallons in the wash tank, 50 gallons in the processor with the reaction completed and another 50 gallons in the heater. Hopefully by Sunday afternoon with a little help from Junior I will have the washed bio dried and in the tank on the truck another batch in the wash and another one in the processor. Then to start the process all over again man am I having fun thanks to U

Old 12-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Tom D
Elder User
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
TOOOO COOOOL!

I still grin every time I pass one Jeep Taylor [who posts here...but not enough ] and now you! Our little biodiesel community is growing. Tom will be next....if somebody gets his drawings done............<grin>

Keep us informed on your progress, AND REMEMBER... PICTURES!!!
Hey Don. Rome wasn't built over night. Great minds work in mysterious ways so I figure you are warming yours up for my big build. I'll be patient. Really appreciate it. Tom

Old 12-09-2006, 07:51 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Tom D
Hey Don. Rome wasn't built over night. Great minds work in mysterious ways so I figure you are warming yours up for my big build. I'll be patient. Really appreciate it. Tom

I'm going to try real hard to finish your plans tomorrow Tom. I'm working on a better way to recover the Methanol from the glycerol and biodiesel, and I'm almost ready to post it here. It will be far easier and cheaper than distilling or vacuum, and will be doable at home. I just need to finish up a couple of things here before I go to Moses Lake on Monday for the biodiesel seminar. Thanks for your patience..........................

FABMANDELUX.

Old 12-09-2006, 09:37 PM
jimlj
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
I just need to finish up a couple of things here before I go to Moses Lake on Monday for the biodiesel seminar. Thanks for your patience..........................

FABMANDELUX.
Hey Fab, say Hi to the family while you are there!! I have been lurking here and planning my processer build. I plan to build one when I get out of the "ice box of the nation" and move back to good ol Moses Lake. I would only be able to run bio here for a month at best with out some heavy blending w/o gelling