Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Post for Points

Old 11-24-2006, 01:12 AM
soondg
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post for Points

See that little green square to the right of your name, that is an indicator of your reputation points on FTE. Usually it is given to you by another member for a post that you made they liked. Whether it was something humorous, informative, helpful advice to another member or just a great thread you started. To give another member some Rep points you click on the silver scales and click the "I approve" circle. If you add a comment in the space provided it will give them more points and also let them know why you gave them. The total amount of points awarded is based on some secret formula FTE uses but when you acquire 100 of them you get another green square. So guys spread some goodies around to other members of your chapter, nepotism isn't all bad.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know what those squares meant before. Learn something new everyday I guess.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:57 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not finding silver scales?

Old 11-25-2006, 02:59 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Deleat that last post. I found it DUUUU

Old 11-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
THIS IS how I see it, as posted in the TN Chapter - and you can quote me. I know Ken Payne was upset at a point over commotion raised by people thinking "HEY! THAT AIN'T FAIR!" and placing too much importance on it. But from my perspective it isn't anything more than a fun game.

And I'm going to go on record right here by saying THIS: If it contributes to the attraction people have to Club FORD Truck Enthusiasts as a whole, I for one am all for it!

And we SHOULD have fun here. I don't know how big and wide my head might get if I were listed as a:
"SHINING BEACON OF GLORY FOR ALL TO SEE" (Good grief...) or some such babble, I expect I'd just grab another beer and git back out to the garage.

I hope you all are having a good time!

THAT having been said:

(Quote)

Some consider this "Playing Dirty". I've thought on it, and I don't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People, when folks contribute to making a chapter happen - or at least to keep it alive & kickin' - they should really git something out of it. And the least bit of that is to spread some reputation around to other chapter members.

It provides some incentives that make it all mean something anyways, even if we don't have much in the way of meets (a bunch of us are lucky to have saturdays to ourselves. I know how that is...).

So it give us a little something.

And it's deserved. Think on it!

We come in here, do our best, and what do we walk away with? Shucks, the least Y'all deserve is rep points fer it... So I'm here to tell y'all right NOW:

I WILL BUILD YOU UP! My points are yours

Y'all can take that right there smooth to the bank...

PS: And I don't give a dang who knows it, 'er what they think of it. You see that thing that looks like a set of scales on the post bar, next to the post number on the right? USE THAT!

Y'all give yourselves a little something anyways - we would not have our own chapter were it not for ALL Y'ALL!!!

FROM NOW ON: ANYONE WHO JOINS THIS CHAPTER WILL GIT REP POINTS FROM ME just for joining a Chapter at FTE, and just as soon as they post up! That's the way it ought to be, and that is how it will be, if I have any points to give at all. If I have used them all - consider them in the MAIL!!! They comin'...

By joining your local Chapter - you're throwin' your hat in the ring. And that ought to be applauded.

The Northwest Chapter has been maligned and carped at, but really - FOR WHAT? For STICKING TOGETHER AND HELPING EACHOTHER?

They a lesson there. And we learnin' from it. We kin do this!

~GREYWOLF

Last edited by Greywolf; 11-29-2006 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:00 AM
78workhorse
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang Greywolf! That post brought a tear or 2 to my eye. Peace and love brother!! Peace and love.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:24 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Wolf, I gave you some, when are you giving me some?

Old 12-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
See now - this is where it gets dicey. You need to be using the PM system bud.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:15 AM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Wolf , I am dissappointed to see the way that you are promoting the use of the Rep system giving them out just because....geez the rep system should be used to reward a users for doing something positive , IE helping another user, a useful post, or even a good funny thread or post.

But using it in the manner that you are describing it takes the value away from it.
This thread is now closed

Old 12-23-2006, 12:58 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Well the first thing i need to do is say that I am sorry for disrepecting you.
I had no intention of dissin you in front of everyone.

Do to a recent discussion in the CL forum with you , you have given me some good reasons to rethink my position on this.

I going to re-open this now,

Once again I'm sorry for putting you in the position that i did.

So lets see where this takes us....

Old 12-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Not to be taking any sides here, but I found this post to be informative. I didn't know what the squares meant, and now I do, and so do others. I was slightly disappointed by your locking it, and jumping on Greywolf, as he seems to be a source of some good knowledge. Thumbs up for your reconsideration and apology to Greywolf. I applaud you for doing the right thing, and not only apologizing to him, but doing it here so everyone who reads it sees that things have been cleared up.

Old 12-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
What, after all, is the use of a good friend - if we cannot disagree sometimes, work it out, and move on?

RAY?

You're a good man.

Now, if you know me at all well - you know there ain't no higher compliment than that'n!

It's a new ballgame, and the most valuable player is just another schmuck like you and me!!!!!!

Old 12-23-2006, 06:50 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your right about that guys, Ray stepped up and is willing re-think his position, that takes a certain amount of humility and humbleness. That's why he's a good Mod,
my hats off to him. Horray for Ray

I agree with Wolf about recognition of the people who chose to get involved as members of a chapter. I believe the Admins where worried about the abuse of the rep system and diluting the meaning of them. I am sending everyone in the Pennsylvania Chapter a rep point for Christmas and thanking them for getting this chapter off the ground by committing to being members. There is a limit to how many I may send in a 24hr period so if you haven't received yours yet, don't worry they'll be coming. The rep system is a great way to say thank you to other members of the site and your chapter for the help they may have given you or the entertainment they provided with their posts. Use the system to give credit where credit is due, just don't abuse it.

Hey Grey, I can't wait to see what happens when we get on the topic of referrals.

Old 12-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Now THAT might just be interesting indeed...