Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Edge Tuner for Roush F-150

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 06:08 PM
ROUSH_STAGE3150
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Edge Tuner for Roush F-150

I have a question. I was told by the dealership that if the processor needed program changes, they would have to send it back to Roush for programing because Roush sets all the air, fuel, boost ect. special because of the Roushcharger. This is a gas, 5.4, 3 valve, 2006. It's Roush tag is stamped 445 HP, 500 Ft. lbs. Torq. I was wanting to increase top speed setting and maybe some other simple items but don't have much knowledge of the programers. I had an Edge Evolution on my 06 Supercrew with the same 5.4 but it wasn't supercharged or Roush. Can someone give me some advise on tuning? Also is there a chip that can be programed, installed and removed with out purchasing a tuner programer? Kind of put this one on then put things back to original without a tuner programer. I would appreciate any info on this that is available.
Thanks.

Last edited by Fred Ryel; 11-11-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:01 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You cannot use this or any other tuner with the Roushcharger to load standard performance tunes. You need a custom tune specifically made for the charger. I'm getting the Roushcharger installed on my 2006 Roush F150 this Tuesday and will have several sessions of custom tuning on a dyno. I recommend you do the same: dyno tuning. There's extra power, better shifting, better torque management, higher speed and better torque converter control to be had with good custom tuning. I've custom tuned hundreds of vehicles over the years, but don't have a dyno so I'm working with a tuner that does have one this week. You'll be amazed at how much time you can pick up in the 1/4 mile with good tuning.

No chip is possible for your truck. Starting in 2004 Ford switched away from the Intel based EEC-V to the current PowerPC based systems, which don't have a service port for a chip.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:45 PM
ROUSH_STAGE3150
Junior User
How expensive is the Dyno tune? How bad does this effect MPG? Thanks for the reply. I'm going to get some better pics of my truck and post them. Those weren't very good of the truck, but were of all the other stuff. Thanks again.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:11 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
An SCT tuner to hold the custom tune is about $379. Plus the dyno time (depends on the dyno owner). I don't sell these (used to when I was in the business) so I have no financial interest in this, just passing on information to you.

You should see an increase in mileage, not a decrease, due to the way Roush tunes these trucks. Hold off on anything until next week when I get back and I'll be able to give you a full report then. You can talk to me privately on the phone and I'll give you the inside scoop before I publish the article. Use the Support item on the Misc drop down menu to ask for my contact information (make sure you note that I said it was okay) and the staff will make sure it gets done.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:42 AM
Roush_Shaun
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Fred Ryel
I have a question. I was told by the dealership that if the processor needed program changes, they would have to send it back to Roush for programing because Roush sets all the air, fuel, boost ect. special because of the Roushcharger. This is a gas, 5.4, 3 valve, 2006. It's Roush tag is stamped 445 HP, 500 Ft. lbs. Torq. I was wanting to increase top speed setting and maybe some other simple items but don't have much knowledge of the programers. I had an Edge Evolution on my 06 Supercrew with the same 5.4 but it wasn't supercharged or Roush. Can someone give me some advise on tuning? Also is there a chip that can be programed, installed and removed with out purchasing a tuner programer? Kind of put this one on then put things back to original without a tuner programer. I would appreciate any info on this that is available.
Thanks.
If you are wanting to change the speed limiter for more top speed this should be changed before the ECM has been tuned by us. What could happen if you decide to change the speed limiter after we have flashed it is the roush tune may be erased if the ford dealer ship or performance shop is not carefull.
Then again we will not guaruntee that the speedo re-cal will not be wiped out when we tune the ECM if you have the speed limiter re-set before it gets to us. Hope this helps some. Thanks Shaun

Old 11-13-2006, 08:32 AM
ROUSH_STAGE3150
Junior User
Shaun, do you , Roush, have a list of recomended Tuners or is this just a local decision? Also, are you familar with the Legend Edition Trucks Built for Mark Martin Ford? I was told that the 6 trucks have a special Green color of stripes that was made just for these trucks. If so, how can I get some of this tape to do the bed cover I had installed? I don't think a stripe kit will have any peices that would be long enough to do two stripes the length of the bed. Thanks for the info. Oh, by the way, your avatar is what I am using for my desktop wallpaper. Thanks again,

Last edited by Fred Ryel; 11-13-2006 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:46 AM
shotime91
Freshman User
So can we get around the speed limiter-I want to install a Roush on my 07 f150 but the limiter is my hold up. I am a Roush/Ford dealer.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:16 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
www.troyerperformance.com - Tell them Ken from ford-trucks.com sent you.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Roush_Shaun
Freshman User
Originally Posted by ROUSH_STAGE3150
Shaun, do you , Roush, have a list of recomended Tuners or is this just a local decision? Also, are you familar with the Legend Edition Trucks Built for Mark Martin Ford? I was told that the 6 trucks have a special Green color of stripes that was made just for these trucks. If so, how can I get some of this tape to do the bed cover I had installed? I don't think a stripe kit will have any peices that would be long enough to do two stripes the length of the bed. Thanks for the info. Oh, by the way, your avatar is what I am using for my desktop wallpaper. Thanks again,
Unfortunatley we do not.....Basically for the simple fact that if you do not use our Roush Flash...You WILL NOT HAVE A WARRANTY. There for we will not honor the 3 yr/ 36,000 mile warranty or the roush charger unit itself. All of these components are designed for our calibration and stock components.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Roush_Shaun
Freshman User
Originally Posted by shotime91
So can we get around the speed limiter-I want to install a Roush on my 07 f150 but the limiter is my hold up. I am a Roush/Ford dealer.
At this time we have no eta on this issue. This is fords factory preset speed limiter. Trucks vary....some go faster than others from the factory. I have heard of some guys trucks going over 100 mph stock from the factory.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Roush_Shaun
Freshman User
Ken (webmaster) Shoot me a PM.