Alaska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Let it Snow!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 04:41 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Let it Snow!!!!!

Well tradition is holding well.....there's snow on the ground for Halloween.
Been spending a little of my PFD (powerstroke fund dispersment) LOL!! Ordered some seat covers...."Superhides" from Marathon Seat Covers about 2 weeks ago. Just called them and my order will arrive in the next day or two. Also ordered my upfitter switches from Millennium Ford, they too should ship soon and I just ordered my Fumoto Valve from DieselSite.com and that should arrive in by the end of the week. Tomorrow I go to the Line-X dealer in Anchorage for my underrail liner. LOL guess I've spent all of it huh?? Oh well Truck is going to look better and better but I wish it would quit snowing, I'm staying on this site to long and spending WAAAY to much money
Hope all of you out there are enjoying this white fluffy stuff. Drive safe and be nice to the duramaxes and cummins "parked" in the ditches and only charge them a GRANT for pulling them back on the road
Have a GREAT DAY........

Old 11-04-2006, 12:10 AM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

Yea but you got those cheap CONTs on your truck. I've seen your driving, forward and backwards, so surprise you havent been next to those max's and cummings.

PS. I broke your bed while moving the computer downstairs.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:09 PM
DaveAK
Senior User
Superhides

Been looking for some new seat covers for awhile now. Seen your post yesterday and liked what I saw so I ordered a set of Superhides also.
Just wanted to say thanks

Old 11-04-2006, 06:17 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
Your welcome Dave. Like I said I ordered the Superhides in the "Wetlands Camo" color just got them this past Wednesday. I looked at the Hatchie Bottom and Wet Oakel Brands and wasn't to impressed. Was reading my D.U. magazine and saw the ad, went to the website and knew right away that these were the right covers. I got the front covers w/ head rest and pockets, concole lid cover and back seat covers plus shipping for about $465.00. Installation in my truck took about 2 hours. I am really happy with them. They defiently are durable. If you have the 40/20/40 seat and keep the console in the lowered position and always seemed to loose something into the back seat, well these covers are really slick so don't plan on keeping anything there unless the seatback is in the upright position.

Other than that, I don't think your going to be disappointed in them at all.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:22 PM
DaveAK
Senior User
2 hr install

Man, they must be good if it takes that long to install.
I recieved a phone call from them on Fri. (Impressive) Will call back on Mon. to verify.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:45 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
I was taking my time, reading their instructions thourghly. Also some minor trimming of the velcro fastners. Plus, not having a heated garage to work in made for some slow going to. I'd do one seat, go inside have a cup of coffee and warm up then commit myself to another seat.

I did like the way they called back to verify my online order and go over everything with me. Plus they noticed that the shipping seemed to high. Turns out that the computer software looks at your order as two seperate orders. But I received everything in one box. When I returned their call, they told me it would be about 2 1/2 weeks for my order. Actually took a little less time. But I will say the call from them to me to go over my order was really impressive. I've never had a online retailer do that!!
So what color did you get??

Old 11-07-2006, 02:55 AM
DaveAK
Senior User
Grey

I went with the dark grey. It matches the interior somewhat.
I'll likely be doing it out in the elements myself and with morning temps around zero it should be slow going for me as well.
The only difference will be that I have the bench seat so it should be a little easier.
I was also impressed with the phone call. I've ordered alot of stuff off the internet and cannot remember anyone else calling me about an order.
Dave

Old 11-12-2006, 01:40 PM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

Talking

It probley took Chris 2 hours because he got the first one done in 10 minutes, sat down on the new seat cover, started stroking the seat cover and fell asleep dreaming about, well of course seat covers and other truck accessories....

PS Chris I got a new 20' 14K equipment hauler by Titan. Will be picking up next week while in Anchorage. If you happen to be in Anchorage could I get you to either grab me two fuel filter or tell me were to go.

Thanks

Old 11-12-2006, 03:55 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
Mike, I'll give International a call and have them order the updated HFCM plug. When I went in to get mine it wasn't in stock. Only took two days to get it. I'll also have them set aside 2 fuel filter kits. Each kit contains 2 filters and 2 O-rings.

What do you use tow removce your oil filter cap? The manual says 36mm (1 3/8 in) socket. You WILL defiently want the socket for the cap on the HFCM. Trust me. If you don't have one, let me know. I have found short neck sockets designed for removing the cap(s) online for about $10.00 Let me know and I'll order you one also. If you don't have a Fumoto Valve you should consider getting one. I know you do your own oil changes and it might me a little cleaner for you........

Old 11-12-2006, 06:32 PM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

A) I PM you about the check

B) I usually just place a large oil filter wrench and give it a turn.

C) Yes on the 1 3/8 socket

D) I SEE that you are awake from your NAP!!!!

E) At work and bored - Hate the weekends

Old 11-13-2006, 12:07 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by mlb4966
A) I PM you about the check

B) I usually just place a large oil filter wrench and give it a turn.

C) Yes on the 1 3/8 socket

D) I SEE that you are awake from your NAP!!!!

E) At work and bored - Hate the weekends
C) So you do have one or do you want one. That HFCM is a devil to do with a crescent wrench......I know I've tried. From what I've read and heard the socket with a wobble extension and wrench is the way to go. Still little turns, but easier than flipping the crescent wrench top and bottomand cursing the location........

Old 11-14-2006, 05:03 PM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

I need one. I'll look while in Anchorage if I have the time. (In other words grab one for me)

Old 11-21-2006, 08:32 PM
DaveAK
Senior User
Got my seat covers today. Had them on in about half an hour. Which is pretty good considering I was outside and it was 2 below .
Did like the velcro straps instead of the strings like all the other seatcovers I've ever had. Didn't trim them up yet, (too cold).

Old 11-21-2006, 09:17 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
Right on Dave. Yes the automotive grade Velcro fastening is very nice. My covers required tying them in certain places, but they are either behind the back seat or under the seats. Either way these seats are really nice. I've had mine for almost a month now and no complaints what-so-ever.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:31 PM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

Might have to get one for the rear seat to assist with those 3 car seats.

Quick Reply: Let it Snow!!!!!