Welcome Eastwood!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 12:06 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome Eastwood!

As someone who's had older Ford trucks for a long time, I can vouch that Eastwood is an icon in the restoration business. But that doesn't mean they're only for restorers.... they have items for those wanting to restore, spruce up or maintain the look of a vehicle.

<!--StartFragment -->In the fall of 1978, Curt Strohacker started a new business to serve a new market: the auto restoration and customization hobby. During high school, Curt worked in a service station, bought and sold innumerable vehicles, and learned some valuable lessons about restoration. When the auto restoration market took off in the 1970s, Curt realized that the right tools and techniques could help thousands of other restorers save time and money.

Better Than Paint - Eastwood's Hotcoat powdercoating system revolutionized home workshops in 1997. By bringing an economical and easy to use powdercoating system into the garage, the DIY hobbyist automatically had another alternative to paint - an alternative that was more durable, shinier and easily lent itself to custom work.

Recognizing that computer technology was a rapidly growing way to serve customers, Eastwood added web sites for The Eastwood Company tool catalog (www.eastwoodco.com) and HotCoat (www.HotCoat.com). Today, the Eastwood tool catalog is published monthly in a full-size format and is full of quality tools and supplies covering all aspects of restoration and custom work.

Eastwood has recognized changes in the marketplace since its inception and has always placed customer satisfaction at the forefront. There has been greater demand for products geared to muscle cars, street rods, trucks, and motorcycles in addition to the classics over the last several years. The recent growth of the sport tuner market has also placed a demand on Eastwood for innovative products that make projects easier and the hobby more satisfying. Eastwood continues to add high quality, pioneering products to their line. Hotcoat has expanded to allow the coating of much larger parts and new lines of automotive accessories allow the customer to use Eastwood as a one-stop-shop for both restoration and customization needs.

Eastwood is dedicated to providing unique products and innovative solutions for its customers worldwide. This dedication and adaptability ensures Eastwood's place as a pillar of the automotive community.
Check them out at www.www.eastwoodco.com and be sure to get a catalog. If you're like me you'll spend hours circling all the goodies you want.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ken - great addition!!! I use to get a lot of stuff from them when I had 1977 F-150. Thanks again!!

Old 10-20-2006, 05:17 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now there's an awesome sponsor, from a longtime customer... Good catch Ken! They have a lot of the stuff you just can't get anywhere else anymore...

Old 10-23-2006, 08:29 AM
EastwoodCompany
Former Vendor
Thanks for the welcome! We are excited to be here.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Welcome from another long-time user of your products.

Old 11-22-2006, 03:08 AM
tdister
Posting Guru
Yup, these guys have some great stuff!

Old 11-23-2006, 12:42 AM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Thumbs up

I agree. I've used there products to spruce up my former ride, a 1964 Ford Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe. I've also used their products on Mustangs, Mavericks, and others.

I haven't needed any of their products lately, but that should change when I start "sprucing up" my 1997 F-350 XLT rig.

Welcome, aboard Eastwood. This is great news!