Saturday Cruise In at Jenro's

Any of the local crowd here go there ?

Steve, where you at ???

I got my project on the road finally !

Old 09-11-2006, 06:32 AM
bob hare
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I try to make it out to Jenro's, but normally I'm doing something in the garage & lose track of time. Seems like we could do a local FTE meet there before the season ends.

Bob

Old 09-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Never been there before, but I do remember the crowds of classic rods at night. They used to be up at Haygood shopping center, which was like a 5 minute bike ride, but I think they moved

Thats sounds like a fun idea Bob, I don't have class tommorrow night, so I should be able to get something out to members

Rocket. . .Steve's here, but Steve just hasn't had a whole lotta nuthin' to say I can't beleive you got your truck on the road, thats just nutz! How much punch does the throttle have? I'm still looking for more parts for mine, now I find out the freakin truck cab is rusting from the inside out! Serious downer, I was close to just cutting my losses and scrapping the whole thing and starting over. . .but I have a lead on a pristine 1974 F350 fire truck, so I might be able to use the cab and body parts from it.

Its costing. . .Mo Muny, Mo Muny, Mo money!!!!

lol

P.S. Your truck will be at Jenro's, right?

Old 09-12-2006, 06:11 AM
bob hare
Senior User
Yes, Jenro's is still at Haygood shopping center, right in front of the original Jenro's and next to the ABC liquor store. I'll make sure I don't tear the truck down too far, so it will be driveable this weekend.

Bob

Old 09-13-2006, 02:08 PM
nelson71
New User
Man that git-together been going on for years. Grew up around the corner. Won't be around this weekend or the next, but I make it up there when I can.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Rocket Racing
Senior User
Steve,

Throttle punch is not bad. I did not change the gears, and with 38's, it is not the quickest thing off the line, but I was not trying for that anyways. We have cars that go quick, so it will probably stay like this for a while.

We took it to Jenro's last Staurday, if you guys are coming out, I will make sure to be there this weekend. We just finished spraying the bedliner this week, did a custom tint on that that came out pretty nice & then we sprayed basecoat over that while it was still wet. If we get a nice day, I will take more pics. There is still a million things to do, but my kid has been driving it to school & enjoying it ! I need to get my door panels installed & a few other things, but it is nice to just drive it.

As far as rust on your truck Steve, that is normal for it to come from the inside out. Let me know if you need any help with it, I have the body end well covered if you need help !

Old 09-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
So what time is this Jenro's "Pah-Tay"?

I might take you up on your offer for body work help, I've knocked dents and what not out, but no cancer removal yet. Rusting from the inside out makes sense, but I will have to get you a picture. . .I cut about a 2ft vertical section out of the back of the cab, and it the inside is pitted all the way up into the roof. I looks like it was just a bad sealing job, and has been leaking for the last 28 years Other side is the same way. . .

Old 09-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Rocket Racing
Senior User
It starts at 3 p.m & runs into the evening. Even though it looks like rain, we are going to head up there this afternoon around 3 & see what is happening. I hope you show up Steve, or any one lese locally. You cant miss the big blue flamed truck !

Old 09-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Rocket Racing
Senior User
Edit to my post above. Not bringing the 77, but my kid is wearing a bright lime green shirt with a picture of a 57 Chevy promod on it, if you see us, say hi !

Old 09-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Hey Hey!! Probably missed the majority of it. . . Didn't see you up there, but had a chance to check out a dalorean I wasn't able to get out there any earlier, my little bro was coming back with a truck for me to check out around 4 pm (during the rain). . .he got it, its like a 1990 Bronco II V6/5 speed, all power options, newish paint for $1800 Looks nice, already have him thinking of lifting it

So, how was it? Are they allowed to do burn outs, show off, etc? The people that were there looked like they were winding down. . .And this thing is every Saturday right?

Old 09-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Rocket Racing
Senior User
We stuck around for a little while, but left early due to the rain. Yes, they do this every Saturday, all types of cars there from ricers, to Deloreans, to old Datsun B210's.
Burnouts are frowned on, a little showing off is o.k., but you don't want the shopping center to get ticked off if people get carried away. Maybe next week we will go again.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:35 AM
bob hare
Senior User
Yep, at 4:15 I stuck my head out of my bud's body shop, and it was pouring. I did get a chance to take a cruise on Sunday, so the weekend wasn't a total loss.

Bob

Old 09-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Rocket Racing
Senior User
Anyone gonna try and make it this week ?

I just got done putting the Edlebrock Manifold & Carb on the truck this afternoon. Boy, talk about a difference. I still have to fight with my distributor some day soon, to get the optimal tune.
We are planning on making it up to Jenro's Saturday, weather should be better this week !

Old 09-22-2006, 06:18 AM
bob hare
Senior User
You bet I'll cruise over....the weather looks to be good on Sat.

Bob

Old 09-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
You betcha! I'll be the goofy guy in the safari type hat and sunglasses

Quick Reply: Saturday Cruise In at Jenro's