New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

fall meet

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 07:44 PM
matt h
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fall meet

ok,no more bullsh..!!! lets do a fall meet!! tryin to put together something in northern ct so its not a bad ride.i came north,now its your turn.i put forth the challenge,lets separate the men from the boys (no offence you girls out there) its the best time of the year for this! look in on the ct chapter posts for upcoming info. matt h

Old 09-10-2006, 02:53 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Ok I'm gamed for that. Nice Matt go get em

Old 09-10-2006, 03:56 PM
stbrem
Senior User
Sounds good to me. Lets do something!

Old 09-24-2006, 04:19 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Ok lets do something for the Fall. Now everyone bring on some ideas.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:43 AM
atomicglock
Senior User
If I don't have to work, you can count me in. Now all we need is some of our brothers and sisters from Conn. to make some suggetions on places to meet.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:52 PM
matt h
Junior User
now thats more like it!!!!!! lets try not to get too crazy with this,and maybe we can pull it off,first a place,then a date..there is a campground in foxboro mass that is open all year round,and its REALLY nice.check it out on the web www.normandy farms.com been there many times,and love the place.do we have many campers out there? just a thought.over 400 sites,i think they could fit us in. if not,a day thing.trying to find neutral ground for everyone.i'm open for suggestions

Old 09-27-2006, 08:31 PM
stbrem
Senior User
I think the camping thing is a great idea, but it might be best to plan that for next summer so people have more time to plan and hopefully we can have a real big turn out. I think probably a day trip would be best for the fall meet. What does everyone else think?

Old 09-28-2006, 04:53 PM
atomicglock
Senior User
Originally Posted by stbrem
I think the camping thing is a great idea, but it might be best to plan that for next summer so people have more time to plan and hopefully we can have a real big turn out. I think probably a day trip would be best for the fall meet. What does everyone else think?
That's what I'm thinkin' too. It's startin' to get cold in October and I'm gettin' ready to put the camper away for the winter. Did I just say WINTER?!!! I'm not ready for that yet.

Howard

Old 09-29-2006, 12:05 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
I also think a day trip for the fall is better. Now I do like the camping idea for next year though.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:24 PM
matt h
Junior User
ok ,now we have some direction,day trip it is.a state park would be nice,but what about access after labor day?in ct some of the state parks are locked up for the winter allready.you can walk in but the parking lots are off limits.open for suggestions.met a guy online the other night,ctpowerstrokediesel.com.going to bring my dually to a show this sunday.gonna talk to them about getting together w/us at the fall meet.the more the marrier!!!

Old 10-04-2006, 12:08 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by matt h
ok ,now we have some direction,day trip it is.a state park would be nice,but what about access after labor day?in ct some of the state parks are locked up for the winter allready.you can walk in but the parking lots are off limits.open for suggestions.met a guy online the other night,ctpowerstrokediesel.com.going to bring my dually to a show this sunday.gonna talk to them about getting together w/us at the fall meet.the more the marrier!!!

How about the same place as before?

Old 10-05-2006, 06:53 PM
matt h
Junior User
at dennys? not much of a fall setting.any good parks nearby? we dont need a waterhole now!!it was suggested to me to go to mt monadnock? not sure where it is but was told nh

Last edited by matt h; 10-05-2006 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Antsmrchnn
New User
Mt Monadnock is in southern NH. About 2 hours northwest of Boston, 1 1/2 hours west of manchester NH. There are not really any major interstate highways nearby, mostly 1 and 2 lane highways so its not the most accessible place for people comming from far distances. Id be willing to make the trip up there, or even farther north, but im not sure where everyone else is comming from.

A nice state park I have been to before is Wachusett State Park in Princeton Mass, about 30 minutes north of Worcester. They have ample parking and open areas for hanging out. They also have roads that go up the whole mountain with some really sweet veiws. I usually go there in the middle of summer but I would imagine that since its the fall and no snow would be on the ground yet the park and all the roads would still be open. I could always find out for sure though on when the season ends.

Im open for driving anywhere in New England anyways. Just lookin to get out and enjoy the nice weather while we still have it and see everyones trucks

Old 10-06-2006, 01:09 PM
48' fordster
Elder User
I basicly live at Wachusett during the winter (Its were I work) it is a really great place great views at the top I live real close to that and its not to far from CT, well keep me posted I would love to come to a get togeather.

keep me posted

alec

Old 10-07-2006, 09:17 PM
48' fordster
Elder User
I am pretty sure that the roads to the top of the mountian close alittle before thanksgiving, because right after is when they try and open the mountian

Quick Reply: fall meet