FTE's Gone Nutz!

Old 08-18-2006, 10:30 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
FTE's Gone Nutz!

Well folks... you've seen them. You've laughed at them. And if you're nutz enough... you'll get your own pair!!!

Introducing Your Nutz, the original nutz for your truck.

The history of Your Nutz

I am where I am now as a company and foremost novelty ******** purveyor because of something that happened to me almost 30 years ago. I was attending a 4 wheel drive event in the desert of southern California. About half way through the day’s events a large pickup truck got in front of me and I noticed something hanging from underneath the truck. The truck came to a stop and I noticed a large set of crudely fashioned plastic ********* hanging from under the truck. I thought it was the funniest thing I’d ever seen. When I got back to San Diego I went to all of the 4WD shops looking for these truck nuts. No one carried them and no one had ever heard of them. I searched the back pages of car, truck and off road magazines and couldn’t find anything like them.

Flash forward now about 17 years. I was scheduled to attend another large 4WD event in the local desert and remembered the truck nuts from years ago. I renewed my search to find them. I looked again in the magazines and local 4 WD shops to no avail. However, this time when I asked at the 4 WD shops every person I talked with said they didn’t have anything like that…..but…..if they did, they thought they could sell a whole bunch of them.

Well it only took being told that 5-6 times for the light bulb to go off in my head. I started visiting local injection molding shops and asking if they could produce what I was looking for. I was asked to leave every shop except one, and when those guys finished laughing they said “Sure, we can do that” and they are the same shop that makes the nutz for me today.

As the Internet became more prevalent I would search and search to see if anyone else was making these nutz. I couldn’t find any other entity making these items. I was going to call my item truck nuts or bull ***** but every time I told someone of my business plan their response to me was “You’re Nuts!” so that’s how our company name of “Your Nutz” came to be. I am the original nutz on the net. It’s said that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery and my original idea and product continues to be flattered by several small companies. When I started I only had one size and six colors and I worked out of my garage. I would go to flea markets and rodeos to sell the nutz and I would sell them through the local off road and auto repair shops. Today I have a very nice industrial building for my world headquarters. I have hundreds of small and large dealers world wide and my web site offers over 100 styles and soon to be 6 sizes! It’s quite a satisfying feeling to know that my little idea and line of products have brought so much humor and enjoyments to tens of thousands of folks world wide. And we’ve only just begun!

David Ham
Founder
Your Nutz
Yournutz.com
Be sure to check them out and let them know you saw them on FTE! You'd be nuts not too...

www.YourNutz.com

Old 08-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
They are funny for the Red Neck crowd.

This product is Kind of sweeping the nation

A friend of mine sells them in Alberta.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:24 PM
CAFordDude
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe I'll get my wife some of the earing nutz...

Old 08-25-2006, 09:10 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 09-04-2006, 06:17 AM
Jmudder79
Elder User
Originally Posted by jake00
We should start a collection to get all those guys a very special cristmas present this year.

A sense of humor!

Old 09-05-2006, 05:11 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
When we had a get-together for the Ontario Chapter I was telling the guys I should see if they have a set of them that are small and pink.....for my Focus.

-Matt

Old 09-05-2006, 05:48 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
jake00 ...you dug that up from the past...

Old 09-09-2006, 04:23 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
oh yea, I remembered what a stink some people made...

Old 09-09-2006, 08:18 PM
dcf4x4
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I hesitate to say anything but I have to admit I'm a bit dissappointed that FTE is offering these. I'm not making a stink. I'm offering my opinion.

I don't think our Ford vehicles need something like that to make a statement in this world. My Ford vehicles speak for themselves.

That's just my 3 cents (inflationary pricing).

Old 09-10-2006, 05:47 PM
trike1946
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it's great. That just solved all my Christmas shopping decisions.

Old 09-10-2006, 09:44 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Actually, I think its a bit odd that as stringently enforced as the eight year old rule has been; there is a large set of very realistic looking ********* in an ad on the left side of my fte screen...

Old 09-11-2006, 10:59 AM
wlihntr
Postmaster
maybe FTE should try to find someone who makes big rubber breasts for the ladies to put on the hoods of there trucks? at least i would not mind looking at that banner add. sorry but i still think they are tastless,

Old 09-12-2006, 02:59 AM
White01
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm looking for a new set,my old set seem to have lost their bounce.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:39 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Did they drag??

Old 09-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by proeliator
Actually, I think its a bit odd that as stringently enforced as the eight year old rule has been; there is a large set of very realistic looking ********* in an ad on the left side of my fte screen...
That right there makes me happy I spent the 15 bucks for membership.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FTE's Gone Nutz!