Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Free beer and food - really!

Old 08-06-2006, 06:49 AM
bterry
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free beer and food - really!

...you'll have to bring your own women. Sorry, I just don't have enough to go around.

At any rate, I thought I'd be neighborly and officially invite you all to our meet in Binghamton, NY - just north of you over the border.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...th-2006-a.html

Check it out and come on up!

Old 08-06-2006, 09:41 AM
soondg
Postmaster
Thanks for the invite bt, just got back from Carlisle, then Bloomsburg in two weeks don't know if I can make this. How far is Bingamton from Philly? Maybe I can get the wife another job to support my addiction to truck stuff. I'll bribe my doctor to tell her it's crucial to my mental well being as I go through middle age crisis.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Joe - it looks to be about a 3 hour drive and 175 miles. bterry's link to his post on the G2G has directions from the various major highways.

All are welcome just let us know if you are coming so that Barr (bterry) has a head count for the food and beer.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:14 PM
dk5122
Elder User
Wow.. Thats only a 4 1/2 hour ride....Not even gonna think about what that gas bill would be. I would have to drive my car. I wish some truck people around my way would have something like this. Have a great time guys. Drink a few dozen for me.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:16 PM
dk5122
Elder User
Btw. Nice Rover you have there. Is there alot of wheeling spots up your way?

Old 08-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
dk5122 - come on up!! Don't worry if you have to drive your car. We just want to have a meet and greet. The more the merrier!! We have a guy that might be coming with his (cough, cough) Olds Regency. I know this is suppose to be an FTE meet, but if he can't get his truck together in time I would rather that he shows up. After all it is all about the people, the trucks just connected us.

If you need a place to stay, bterry is offering his land for camping or his family room to crash in if you don't want to rent a room. Just let us know if you are coming so we can make sure we have enough food and drinks.

As for the Range Rover, it is still pretty much stock other than a mild suspension lift and tires. It wheels pretty good and I can take four adults with all our gear wheeling pretty comfortably. Not much land to wheel around here unless you know the land owner and they are willing to let you wheel on their land. I wheel with a few different clubs and that is how we access land through the approval of the land owners.

Old 08-06-2006, 08:35 PM
bterry
Elder User
Originally Posted by soondg
Thanks for the invite bt, just got back from Carlisle, then Bloomsburg in two weeks don't know if I can make this. How far is Bingamton from Philly? Maybe I can get the wife another job to support my addiction to truck stuff. I'll bribe my doctor to tell her it's crucial to my mental well being as I go through middle age crisis.
Great post - laughed, as I'm trying to get my wife to support mine too. Doesn't always work so good here.

How was Carlisle, my youngest and I went last year and wanted to take his 1970 3/4 ton long box down there this year, but it's not done. We're alittle bummed about missing it.

I've made it from my house to the Philly airport in just over two hours, in the middle of the night. Wouldn't recommend speeding, but you can make that trip pretty comfortably in 2.5 hrs. Let me know if your seriously thinking about it, the directions won't work so good for you. Best thing to do is to Mapquest my addy, and take Exit 1 off of I-81 like that will tell you.

I've got two possibly three wheeling spots lined up.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:41 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bterry
I've got two possibly three wheeling spots lined up.
Well I think the oil pump is going on the Rover so I will be bringing the SD if I can get the lights done on it. The SD does not go off road due to the plow frame gets in the way so I will be riding shotgun with someone. But at least we will have pictures!! I normally never get off road pictures as I am always driving. And as for this:
Originally Posted by soondg
Maybe I can get the wife another job to support my addiction to truck stuff. I'll bribe my doctor to tell her it's crucial to my mental well being as I go through middle age crisis.
I think we can all relate all to well!!!

Old 08-07-2006, 01:09 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Do any Pennsy guys want to ride up to visit our northern neighbors while wearing our favorite PA. Team jerseys and hats? We can split the gas and tolls to help make it more doable.

Search this Thread