Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

its freaking HOT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 12:06 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its freaking HOT!!!!

its been so hot that i dont even want to go outside anymore!!! when is this heatwave gonna end??? anyways, if you havent been around lately, this chapter has been pretty darn quiet!!! wonder if it has to do with the heat, or what???? so, i just noticed that our chapter was sitting at 499 threads, so i decided to push it over the 500 mark with this thread....its a pointless thread, so respond with some pointless answers, anything to get this chapter moving again!!!!

Old 07-19-2006, 03:35 PM
rogerf100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We get a heat wave and my A/C quits working in my house. It went out Monday and I am still trying to get someone to come repair it. It was so hot in the house last night I slept outside in the backyard. We have turned our hot tub into a cool tub to beat the heat.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:42 PM
hotrod48
Elder User
It has been too danged hot! The so called weather men say it will cool off this weekend, so that is good.

Our A/C normally stops working about once a year. It stopped working 3-4 weeks ago and I could break a sweat just sitting down. Luckily enough, we know a few heat and air guys. I hope get your A/C fixed Roger.

hotrod48

Old 07-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Silver Streak
Postmaster
What do you need AC for? I never had it at home or in a car until about 4 or 5 years ago. It makes me laugh when I hear all the commercials about staying inside where it's cool and limit your outdoor activities. Where I grew up there wasn't a way to make a living without going outside. You got to work outside in the hot sun all day, then go home to a nice warm house.

Old 07-21-2006, 01:21 AM
RomerB2
Postmaster
Man this heat is just about to kill me. I've been doing finishing concrete the past month or so and it's getting pretty toasty out there. The part that sucks about finishing concrete is digging ditches in the middle of a soon to be floor for a house. Can't bring in the Bobcat because it will tear up the dirt work that's already been done, so we have to use wheel barrows to carry all the dirt to the sides. Then when we're actually finishing concrete, when concrete starts to set up it starts putting off a lot of heat, so we're out in the middle of a concrete lake on sliders while the concrete is reaching temperatures around 130 degrees..

Silver Streak - That's why when I come home, I want to come home to some air conditioning.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:20 AM
stockcar nut
Senior User
Heck Brian, this ain't bad, those south Arkansas swamps I grew up in had this kind of heat with 85 to 95 % humidity. It was like living in a steam room 24 hours a day !!!

Last edited by stockcar nut; 07-21-2006 at 09:23 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-21-2006, 08:25 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
I'm thinking everyone in the Tulsa area moved north to Alaska

Mike B

Old 07-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
I must say that the heat is getting to me. This past week we've been building a huge carport in Oologah and although my tan is evening out this hot weather sucks. I would much rather it be cold than hot---my philosophy has always been "you can always put more clothes on than you can take off".

Mike is right, I'm thinking I might "cross the Yukon river, and mush on through the snow. Below that 'ol white mountain, just a little southeast of Nome." --Johnny Horton