Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Local Events & Happenings

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Skipped_link
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Local Events & Happenings

Just another idea for meeting up with other members, if you know of a local event that is ford, or truck related (ie truck showes races ect.) post it here, Maybe other chapter members could plan to show up at an event for entertainment & meeting up with people they've talked to here on FTE,

Maybe if everything goes well this can be turned into a sticky thread that will stay at the top & easily found,

(edit) Advanced post would be helpfull, (a couple weeks or even months ahead of time) but not required,

Last edited by Skipped_link; 07-11-2006 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Skipped_link
Elder User
I take it there isn't much going on,

Well, here are a couple event's
7-28 &7-29 there are street drags in winnemucca to go along with the 50's fever event, then a car show on sunday 7-30,

Then next month (8-12) there is going to be a mud bog in Battle mountain at the dirt track,

Old 07-16-2006, 12:50 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Darn, just missed a blue grass festival in Virginia City yesterday (saturday). Wish I woulda seen this thread sooner to post it. Woulda coulda been a good'n.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:33 AM
05XLT
Senior User
Down here we have Midnight Mayhem on certain Friday nights... I will get exact dates!

Old 08-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Skipped_link
Elder User
I heard from a friend that there will be monster trucks, in boomtown 8-26, he also said there would be mud bogs & tuff trucks,

Can anyone confirm this?

I looked it up on boom towns website & it says "monster trucks & freestyle motorcyle jumping" but thats it,
If anyone can get info, & there is infact mud bogs I'll bring the truck up there,

I called boom town, but the lady there simply read to me the same thing I got from the net.

Old 08-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Meet me at the Reno Convention Center tomorrow, Saturday afternoon, for the car auction. I'll be there all afternoon. Look for a blue Ford racing T-shirt. I will be checking around the overhead doors that face the Atlantis Hotel, where they bring the cars in and out of the building. Be there if you can!!

Old 08-06-2006, 11:37 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Bdox, I was in Yosemite all week for a family reunion. Just got home. How did Hot August Nights go?

Old 08-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
Bdox, I was in Yosemite all week for a family reunion. Just got home. How did Hot August Nights go?
Hot August nights is always great. I was going to bid on a 50 Ford (not show quality but very nice and clean, 302/C4,) but the price go too high for me rather quickly.

Did not hook up with any fellow FTE's. That was a bit disappointing but I always spend at least one day at the auction anyway.

Did you have a good time up in Yosemite? How crowded was it?

Old 08-09-2006, 11:13 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
The first couple of days kinda sucked at the campground where my family met. There was a large group of dirtballs playing loud rap crap that really took away from the experience. I hate it when I have to get angry in such a place. The rest of the trip was exceptionally nice. Where my family and I met and camped, it was protected by the campground being full. Could only get so busy I suppose, but I had no idea what the crouds were like outside the seclusion of the campground as we were way in the back. Like I said, after the dirtballs left it got real quiet and nice.
We exited the park over Tioga Pass so we passed through the Yosemite Valley on the way home. This was on a weekend day so I expected BIG crouds. I was stunned to find that there was hardly anyone in the valley. No traffic, and not the zoo atmosphere I expected. Maybe a hidden blessing of high fuel prices?
All in all, a great time. Well, except for the dirtballs in the beginning...

I wish I could of tied in with you at Hot August Nights. I told my family that next year when we rendezvous for our annual, that we need to do it outside of Hot August Nights week. So I'll be there next year. Hard to believe that nobody showed for the meet. Seems like a good event to do a chapter meet. Oh well, maybe next year it'll be better.

Sorry it took so long to respond to your inquiry of my Yosemite trip. Right after returning, my son and I snuck away for a couple of days on the trail. Been up in the High Sierras backpacking. Just got back in. Busy days right now. Vacations rule!

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 08-09-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Skipped_link
Elder User
Does anyone have any info on the monster truck show at boom town on the 26th of this month?
I've heard from a couple of friends that there will also be mud bogs there, but I looked it up on the web site & it says nothing about mud bogs. I emailed them but they have not replied,
If I can confirm that there are mud bogs I'll take the truck over & compete, but I do not want to make a 200 mi trip just to find out there are no bogs.

Old 08-14-2006, 02:45 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
I just called Boomtown for you and the woman I spoke with said that she was unaware of mudbogs on that event. Of course, she sounded like she might be someone who wasn't in the know, if you know what I mean.
Anyway, she did say that it is called the Monster Truck Motor Sport Spectacular and that it opens at 6:00 pm. Show starts at 7:00 pm and the tickets are $15.00 in advance, and $17.00 on the day of the show. (Kids are $12.00).
The toll free number at Boomtown is (800) 648-3790.
Maybe you will have better luck talking to someone who might have better info on the mudbog event if you call later. The lady I talked to didn't seem to have a clue.

Skip, if you do compete, let us know. Some of us might want to chear on a fellow FTE'er. Might be a good chapter meet event.

On edit, the lady I talked with also stated that they will be giving away a monster truck and an H-3 Hummer. Not that I would want a Hummer... Well, not the vehicle anyway... That's a piece of chevy.

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 08-14-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Sounds like a fun event, maybe I will take my grandson up there.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:36 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
I'll have to look at my work schedule to see if I am on shift on the 26th. That does sound like fun.

Old 08-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Skipped_link
Elder User
Olfordsnstone, Thanks for checking into that, I had also called them & it sounds like we were talking to the same person,

Boom town finally emailed me back & they said they are having mud bogs, so it looks like I'll be there next week end,

Old 08-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Let's try to hook up there. Did you guys get times for the events?