New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Change in Chapter Leader

Old 07-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Change in Chapter Leader

OK gang. There have been a lot of questions and I know some of you are waiting to become Chapter members, but let me first explain what is going on. Cowlady (Angela) our current Chapter Leader (CL) is stepping down due to family reasons and her PC has gone down again. She does not have the time or the means to remain as CL so she is stepping aside.

I have been asked to be the acting CL for the next 6 months to help with getting the Chapter going again and handle membership enrollment. At this point they have not been able to switch over the CL functions to me to handle enrollment, but it should be done later tomorrow or the next day so hang in there those who are waiting.

At the end of this year I will put the CL position up for elections to whomever would like to run for it. I will go into more depth later on for those who are interested, but for now I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on.

Please post up any questions or concerns you may have and I will answer them for you. I hope I can meet all of your needs while I am the acting CL for the NY Chapter. So let the party begin!!!

Darren

Old 07-12-2006, 05:10 AM
bterry
Elder User
Sorry to hear about cowlady, I'll bet she didn't want to do that - we'll miss her.

As far as the elections go, it could get ugly.

I say we let the trucks decide: I'm invisioning this big debate in a remote area with lots of political mud slinging! We'll have it at a off-road park someplace, and whoever slings more mud at his/her opponents truck wins. Mount up the super swampers boys!

Old 07-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Yeah Angela felt really bad about it and felt she let us down, but she knows she has to do it. When things settle down for her she is planning on being back so hopefully she won't be gone for long.

That is an interesting idea on how to settle the elections for a new Chapter Leader. However it might be snow instead of mud as we will be doing it in January. Oh well, either way it would fun. I wonder how many will run for CL if we were to do that????

Old 07-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Okay guys I thought it was time I updated this thread and give some thanks.

First off I would like to give a lot of thanks to Ray (F2504x4) and Fred (BigF350) for all of their help behind the scenes in getting me setup as the new CL for the NY Chapter. You would not believe all the stuff these guys have had to put up with my questions and finding things out for me, but they have been tremendous in being patient and extremely helpful. Thanks guys!!!

I would like to thank Barr (bterry) for his personal words of encouragement. It means a lot coming from a fellow NY Chapter member. Thanks Barr!!

Finally thanks to all the other NY Chapter members that have been posting up and sharing ideas and information with one another. That is what this forum is for and I hope we can grow it and all get a chance to meet one another.

Okay, now for the update. Being that I am only the acting CL until the end of the year I want those of you may be interested in running for this position in January what is involved and what you have to do as the CL. I am still learning and I refer back to this thread all the time to get ideas and make sure I am doing what I am suppose to be doing:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=462428

Yes I have already been asked if I will run for the permanent CL position in January, but true fully I have not even thought about it as I am more concerned with building the Chapter right now and will deal with that question closer to end of the year. In the meantime I will share what I learn so that we can all grow together.