Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Well Pitsburgh...Lets get together!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 08:38 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Pitsburgh...Lets get together!

What do you guys think...should we have a get together? Should start tossing ideas around now, before you know it summer will be over. Is there someone in our area that is a regional spokes person or something? Would be nice to get on the map before phily lol. Should we gather at a place or maybe an event going on (drag race, truckpull, car show). Lets here your ideas. Doesn't need to be anything huge and over done.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:32 PM
DonsFx4
Elder User
Sorry DPP, Philly's already made the map! Of course this is thanks to soondg.

We were talking at our g2g that we really would have liked to have you stop by Bloomsburg. It's tough trying to get both Philly and Pitt together, but mid-state is the best compromise, right? Maybe you can plan on the upcoming August date.

Pitt used to be one of my stations (I'm a district mgr), and I know that the state consists of those in the east and those in the west, but under the PA chapter we could have the regional chapters. Soondg said that there are A LOT of people around Pitt that are interested in FTE, so let's build this State chapter and go from there! I had a blast meeting the folks last weekend, and hopefully we all can meet somewhere someday... and soon! Later / Don

Old 07-10-2006, 09:38 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
Thats awsome...any photos? Yes I agree, there should be a once a year in the central pa area.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:45 PM
DonsFx4
Elder User
What' the ONE THING you always forget at a get together???

A CAMERA!!!!

So, unfortunately, there are NO pix!!!

ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

Hope to see you guys soon!! =Don

Old 07-10-2006, 11:10 PM
weeds
Senior User
Would you guys be more willing to go to an organized event, or just hit up an all-you-can-eat and go nuts? If you guys would want to do something like a buffet, I'd have to vote for Quaker Steak & Lube all you can eat wings.

Old 07-12-2006, 05:28 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Hey Weeds,
I just ate at Quaker Steak the other day in Bloomsburg for the first time, i didn't try their wings, i had the ribs and wasn't overly impressed. It was recommeded that next time i go to definetly try the wings, that i'll do. As for GTG's, there are enough Pittsburgh guys to have a local meet while still under the auspices of the Pennsylvania Chapter then having a State wide from time to time at a central location. Oh! Philly had it's first meet back at the Smoke and Thunder Nationals and State meet at Bloomsburg this past weekend, i'm not a regional sort of guy, but i'm absolutley a Pennsylvania guy. There are enough people in this State that if we work at it we can become the biggest chapter in FTE. That's a good thing.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:51 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Pittsburgh, are you gonna do it? There are enough members from Pittsburgh to have a great regional GTG. Let us know if it's going to happen.

Old 07-30-2006, 03:16 AM
soondg
Postmaster
Bump. I need a reason to drive out your way(justify the gas to my wife) do you think you westerners are going to do a GTG? Sure would like to meet some of you .

Old 07-30-2006, 09:05 AM
bremen242
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd be for it.. It'd be kinda boring with just 3 people..

Old 07-30-2006, 10:54 AM
soondg
Postmaster
Originally Posted by bremen242
I'd be for it.. It'd be kinda boring with just 3 people..
Not really Brem, a couple of guys is all it takes to get started, get to know each other and build from there. The few times we have met so far have been pretty good.

Old 07-30-2006, 08:17 PM
weeds
Senior User
Well guys, what's going on? I'm still up for a GTG at Station Square or Quaker Steak...or anywhere for that matter. As long as it's less than say an 1-1/2 hr drive, I'm cool. C'mon guys, start throwing out some ideas, these Philly guys are kicking our butt.

And soondg, if you come over, you might just have to bring me an authentic Philly cheese steak...I'll swap you for some Primanti's.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:25 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Your on for that deal weeds, i saw something on one of the food channels about that place, I think it was a show about the best sanwiches in America. I don't remember what it was though. There was also something about a place up New York way that is supposed to have incredible pastrami sanwiches. Moneys not like it used to be but I have been known to travel for a good meal

Old 08-01-2006, 11:14 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
I eat at the primantis in cranberry atleast a couple times a week for lunch. That would be a great place to get together. The one in cranberry has a decent amount of parking too.