Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Puddy

Street Machine Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:55 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Street Machine Weekend

Sooooooooo just wondering who all, if anyone is coming to lethbridge for the street wheelers street machine weekend? I know that i'll be there with my flareside on friday night's cruise (saturday i have a mud bog in dutton montana), also my dad's 68 fairlane fastback might be up too. Anywhopost up if you're going to be up and what you'll be driving and maybe we can hook up.

Old 06-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Ringo Fonebone
Posting Guru
I might be there
Look for the black uni
Chances of getting the Merc done are dwindling

Old 06-27-2006, 12:47 AM
mustange70
Post Fiend
thats to bad, i was looking forward to seeing that uni all finished up, you going to have it finished by the end of july by chance? If you do you should bring it down to milkriver again put it in the show there then come watch the bog .

Old 06-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Ringo Fonebone
Posting Guru
Cody. the '63 uni is my driver
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...&albumid=13654

The '64 merc, almost 4 years under construction, is the one I'd really like to have ready. Prolly won't make it tho.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...120953&width=0

Old 06-28-2006, 12:25 AM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Lol, thinking one thing typing another . Yeah my dads fairlane will be quite the job gettin it ready to go as it needs to be tuned up (everything plugs, wires, cap, rotor, carb needs to be done), and wheels and tires need to be mounted and rear end needs to be fixed as its something that was thrown under the car and the bone heads that did it put it to far to the passenger side and as such it rubs on the fender. Its easy to spot though, as its that ugly ford maroon colour.

Old 07-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Ringo Fonebone
Posting Guru
Took this past week off to work on the Merc, but I am still struggling with wiring, so she ain't gonna make it.
Black uni it is, Cody. Right in Front of the Sandman for cruise night.

Old 07-09-2006, 12:46 AM
mustange70
Post Fiend
sounds good, to bad you couldn't get the merc going, as those years were some of the better looking early trucks. I'll be sure to stop and have a chat with ya, i'm gonna try and make the organized cruize, but i dunno if it'll be worth it as i didn't make it up last year for the cruiz

Old 07-09-2006, 08:26 AM
Ringo Fonebone
Posting Guru
Cody. Paid for the marked off cruise route last year. It was a wash-out as far as I was concerned. The idea was to get the "real" hot rods out there, and keep the riffraff type '80 Chevy pickups off the route. Didn't work. They let anybody on. Dipships in thier rusted out "Classic" 81 Pontiac 6000s. Cops all over the stinking thing and not ONE smoke show.

Was a PITA to register, and even bigger PITA to leave when it was done. Watched some idiot from the Street wheelers on some kind of major power trip direct traffic, as though he was God almightly all night long in front of us, and when we hit Mayor Magrath, later, all the REALLY cool cars were out cruising and burning tires on MAgrath, and we MISSED it

So this year , we will be assuming our traditional postition in front of the Sandman. Been there 5 years in a row until last year. Stop by if ya can!

RF

Last edited by Ringo Fonebone; 07-09-2006 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:03 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
hummmm interesting, i think i'll take your advice and forgo the registered cruz, and yeah i'll stop by for sure.

Old 07-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Ringo Fonebone
Posting Guru
Wise thing to do Cody, would be check them both out for yourself

The SW , if they do like last year, will have half the cops in town on 3rd ave, and have it marked off. Go take a look, looking is free.

If you don't like it, check out Mayor Magrath.

Personally I liked it better before they marked aff anything. I cruised thousands of miles on that WHOLE L shaped route in my wasted youth, I like using the whole route instead of half. Wish they hadn't buggered it all up. That cruise route was good enough for the youth of Southern Alberta for over 40 years. I slugged down enough burgers at the A&w's that were on both ends over the years to constipate a Hyena, and even met a few chicks while out cruising (which WAS the idea, LOL) I guess sometimes improvements just aren't

But when you get the Mayor and Police Chief involved in a hotrod event, and one used to be a High School principal and the other is from Quebec....

RF

Last edited by Ringo Fonebone; 07-10-2006 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:54 AM
mustange70
Post Fiend
yeah i'm going to bring the camera up with me and go and tak some pictures for a bit, but yeah diddo on the whole route instead of half, and the half they choose for the registered crus was not the best half in my mind, mayor magrath drive s a much nicer and much more open cruzing friendly road than 3rd.

And as far as the cops are concerned, well they cause more problems then they solve, what they need to do is back off, cut the guys that are beening safe and sensable with the racing and burnouts lots of slack, and nail all the idiots (ie racong where theres lots of people on the roadside and out of control burnouts), but thats all i'll say bout that.

But yeah compared to calgary and edmonton lethbridge has one of the best cruzing strips around, now lets hope all the ladies are out in full force and would like a ride up and down the strip .

Old 07-11-2006, 08:00 AM
Ringo Fonebone
Posting Guru
I think they need to pull their heads out of the sand like Three Hills did and realize this brings a LOT of tourist bucks to this town. It ain't a gramma knitting bee, it a HOT ROD weekend for crying out loud. People here love it! They line the streets on the cruise route 4 deep to watch the cars!

Calgary had nothing to compete with this when I lived there, the closest thing I saw was the All Ford weekends they used to have at McMahon.. I think those were also cancelled due to a dimtwit (this time female) Mayor.

Weather is supposed to be nice... have fun bud! Maybe have my Merc on the road for the next one... be the 5th year I said that LOL

RF

Old 07-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
No...the All-Ford Weekend was cancelled because the same people who were running it didn't have a real life and got burnt out.

The McMahon shows were okay (I was part of them)

The early ones (way back when I got to be part of them) were held in the Glenmore Inn parking lot.

IMO,The best shows were held at C.O.P. and were a major success before they decided to stop in.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Ringo Fonebone
Posting Guru
Yes, Dennis I know that you are right.
A significant portion (1989-2000) of my life in Calgary, I missed out on these things due to having young children and a wife that doesn't drive. Consequently, I was chauffering them to hockey/soccer/school/friends/relatives/daycare/Calaway Park/100 other things at the time and missed it, while I was sitting and stewing in the ever-slower Calgary traffic.

Last edited by Ringo Fonebone; 07-11-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:53 AM
Ringo Fonebone
Posting Guru
Well Cody what was the Verdict? The paid cruise or the poor mans cruise better in your opinion?
We went over to watch the start of the $10 cruise (and had a couple nystrovies) at the Backstreet gardens, and it seemed like every fifth car cruising was the Bulls. My buddy with is '69 GTX 440 who signed up was dissapointed to say the least.

So, we returned to where we had the trucks parked on Mayor Magrath, and the cruising was definitely more... hotrod-like, with smoke shows and the like.

Poor mans cruise for me all the way buddy!

RF

Last edited by Ringo Fonebone; 07-18-2006 at 07:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Street Machine Weekend