Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Help find my stolen tools!!

Old 06-25-2006, 06:26 PM
bodabdan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Help find my stolen tools!!

OK technically I am in Northwest Georgia, but I am about 8 miles from Chattanooga. About two weeks ago at work our service truck was broken into and we lost two roll cabinets among other tools.
I would like to ask you to keep your eyes open for anydeals on tools that seem too good to be true. If you run across anyone suspicious please call the Chattanooga PD. I know it's a longshot that they'll be found but the more help I have the better the chances.
We are missing a top and bottom Popular mechanics box that belonged to my co-worker. Most of his tools were of average quality, Craftsman was about the best part of what he had. Boxes are red and the bottom box has a custom support brace in it to keep it from sagging. He had an above average amount of crimping tools and straight edges (tri-squares, etc). the rest was basic wrenches and sockets.
My bottom box was a Craftsman with a pullout shelf at the top and a foldout tray on the side. My top box was a Mac. I had a full inventory of just about anything you could have. Some of the most unique things were about 150 wrenches from Snap-on down to economy brands. Many of my wrenches had been custom bent for wierd applications, l-shaped ball-end torx wrenches, wiha t-handled torx, greenlee, simpson, amprobe, and fluke multimeters, Snap-on torque wrenches, auto air-conditioning tools, tubing cutters and flaring tools, and too many more to list here.
Between me and my coworker we're out about $25K
If anyone can help locate these tools I'll buy the beer.
Thanks