Animal Fat...YEACH!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 08:26 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Animal Fat...YEACH!

I WILL NEVER EAT AT TACO B AGAIN!

This stuff smells NASTY This Plant is the main supplier for "pre-cooked" meat for the west. I am glad to report that it makes great Biodiesel!!

I received the samples from the plant this morning and did some preliminary tests. The oil is like paste and will not pour at 65*F. Once heated above 75*F it is very clear with no particules visible at all. Only 1.2 percent water, so no problem with that. When mixed it looks like orange juice! I made 4 test 1 Ltr test batches and posted them here: http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/fabmandelux

The Goop in the pan is what it looks like before heating. The pan with the thermometer in it shows no bubbles of steam at 120+deg F. The bright orange jar is what it looks like right after mixing. The pic with 4 jars from left to right, #1, 14gms KOH/ Ltr, #2, 16gms/Ltr, #3, 20gms/Ltr, #4, 24gms/Ltr.

The Bio is very clear in the test sample #3, so will use 20 grams per liter as a base amount. The pics were taking after only 3 hrs settling, so will know more in the morning. Tomorrow night I will do cloud point testing in the fridge. Will post more tomorrow.

FABMANDELUX.

Last edited by fabmandelux; 06-07-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:15 PM
adambomb
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice work. the color of the bio looks interesting...

Old 06-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Quartlow
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't eat at TB in the first place

We had some grease that looked like that. Came from the local pie place, same as you had to heat it up to pour it. Made nice looking fuel.