New Project

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 08:49 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
New Project

Just signed a contract to design and "over-see" construction on a new 50,000 gallon/year bio plant in Baker City, Oregon. The plant will use rendered animal fat from a large land and cattle co.

All biodiesel will be used to remove 4 farms and ranches off the dino-diesel nipple. This means reducing the amount of D-2 used on these farms to approx 10 percent of previous years. Annual savings: $100,000
Plant cost: under $20,000

Animal Fat cost;$0
Transportation Cost: $0

I've got 2 more contracts pending, so it looks like a long summer for me. I've got almost all the plans and parts lists ready to post too..............not enough days in an hour.................

New plant is getting closer, all the new pieces are done, and just need to be put into the building. Back to work now

FABMANDELUX.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:40 PM
bhiggins
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabman,

Sounds like a sweet deal. are you going to be making all the bio or are just the consultant/manager of this bio operation

I hope they are paying you a sweet salary for your awesome knowlege

Higgins

Old 06-02-2006, 09:59 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by bhiggins
Fabman,

Sounds like a sweet deal. are you going to be making all the bio or are just the consultant/manager of this bio operation

I hope they are paying you a sweet salary for your awesome knowlege

Higgins
I designed the plant and will coordinate the construction, installation of equipment, and personel training.
I won't be making any bio and will not be involved in the running of the plant.

I charge them what I charge everybody: $45/ hr + $.50/mile.

Some of the equipment will be made by a local equipment manufacturing co that I've been working with, which will return 5 percent of anything I send there way. This Equip Manuf and I are working on a joint -venture project to build and sell 50-75,000/gal per year portable biodiesel plants.

If the rest of this year goes like this, I may quit farming and finally make some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

FABMANDELUX.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:26 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can get you any size hydrocyclones if you need em. Call me when you want me to deliver a trailer nearby and help. lol Troy

Old 06-03-2006, 10:54 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by kennedyford
I can get you any size hydrocyclones if you need em. Call me when you want me to deliver a trailer nearby and help. lol Troy
Hi Troy, Hope the boy is doing good, you guys are still in our prayers. I am interested in sizing and pricing on Hydro-Cyclones, if this deal with Miller Manufacturing works out I may be looking for a good source.

Had a phone call from USDA fri, I may be getting a $95,000 grant to design a portable plant for them.

If we start manufacturing plants, maybe you could haul them for us?

FABMANDELUX.

Old 06-04-2006, 12:38 AM
willbd
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Fabman,

Check out this link for a mobile plant.
http://www.sustain.ubc.ca/pdfs/seeds...on%20Plant.pdf

Old 06-04-2006, 02:37 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Congrats fabman!!!

willbd - a great link there!!!

Old 06-04-2006, 04:29 AM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
yeack, just typed a big thanks to fab and lost sig. Boy is excellent thanks,.....what size do you want to start with? I will deliver personally...Need admin to tell me how to post all pics not just 2. Have my cyclone pics on lapton with me now...only success at 1 pic....Thanks for prayers Troy

Old 06-04-2006, 09:32 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Try putting them in your gallery

Old 06-04-2006, 01:48 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If the rest of this year goes like this, I may quit farming and finally make some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Convert the whole thing to a canola/soybean rotation and hire someone to run it for you.

Congratulations!!!

Old 06-06-2006, 07:40 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Update: The new plant will be built in Idaho. The new plant will produce 30,000 gallons PER MONTH! They are PAYING to get rid of 7.5-8 RAIL CAR LOADS each month. DUH!!!! They are flying me there next Monday to look over their plant, and pick out a site for the bio plant. This thing will use 6,000 gallons of Methanol and 3,600 lbs of KOH per month. I talked with my chemical supplier today and it looks like they will be able to buy Methanol at less than a buck per gal in rail car loads. What a deal!!!!

FABMANDELUX.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:24 PM
socalfurnow
Senior User
salmon chum

Interesting about the rendered animal product - I spoke to someone who had looked into it for the salmon industry up in Alaska. Apparently 40 odd percent of each salmon is considered waste (even counting the tiny number that are shipped whole for displays or high endmarkets) and hence they produce some tonnage each year. Admitidly it hasn't been rendered, only a percentage will be oils. But other folks are considering turning one man's trash into another man's treasure. Congrats on the work.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:59 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Fabman I hope that you convince them of how instant it can be with the hydrocyclone. Might want to make that your contacts design secrets and let us know the company name so that we may buy stock. This is a public forum and you were requested to contract which makes this out of insider info or SEC rules. I know because of my securities licenses. Ah it pays to listen to others. Hydro-cyclone info in your box.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:20 PM
JNygard
Freshman User
Talking

Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Update: The new plant will be built in Idaho. The new plant will produce 30,000 gallons PER MONTH! They are PAYING to get rid of 7.5-8 RAIL CAR LOADS each month. DUH!!!! They are flying me there next Monday to look over their plant, and pick out a site for the bio plant. This thing will use 6,000 gallons of Methanol and 3,600 lbs of KOH per month. I talked with my chemical supplier today and it looks like they will be able to buy Methanol at less than a buck per gal in rail car loads. What a deal!!!!

FABMANDELUX.
Thats great to hear. Since there is no real supplier around here for biodiesel. Unless you want to buy it in bulk at close to $4.00/gallon. I was going to start building by own appleseed processor, but I may just wait and see what pans out with this news.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:17 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by JNygard
Thats great to hear. Since there is no real supplier around here for biodiesel. Unless you want to buy it in bulk at close to $4.00/gallon. I was going to start building by own appleseed processor, but I may just wait and see what pans out with this news.

Sorry, I would'nt hold my breath...........There plan is to use all of the oil produced for there own use. No retail sales in the near future.

FABMANDELUX.

Quick Reply: New Project