Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Pa General Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:44 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pa General Discussion

Is anyone going to Carlisle All Ford Nationals this weekend? If so we can arrange a gtg to meet and plan for the new chapter.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:28 AM
96P_Stroke4x4
Smokin'

Im not going to make it to carlisle this weekend... i'm installing injectors i plan to head out for the truck show in august and get some new dyno numbers

Old 06-02-2006, 02:35 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Would that be the All Truck Nationals at Carlisle in August? How about Bloomsburg Jamboree in July"

Old 06-02-2006, 02:40 PM
soondg
Postmaster
I' ll be doing a day trip saturday to carlisle, if anyone else is going to be there give me a call on my cell 267-303-9293 we can meet there. I will be be hooking up with some others from another site also who are pa ford truck people. until we all eventually meet and have an official chapter we can start posting and getting to know each other on this thread. If you know of any other pa people who are interested, steer then to this thread, the more the merrier.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:01 AM
soondg
Postmaster
just popping in to see if anyone is logging in to this thread. i'll check it again later.

Old 06-03-2006, 03:06 PM
FordTuff1
Senior User
Well i was going today but didnt make it with all this rain,But will be there on sunday,Let me know how the saturday was so i know!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 07:01 PM
soondg
Postmaster
hi tuf,
nobody called so i backed off today, same reason bad rain and thunder. I will be running up there tomorrow so if you want give me a call on the number i listed above will hook up at the show. rain or shine tomorrow.

Old 06-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Steve91
Senior User
I've been at Carlisle since Wednesday night. One of my cars is in the Invitational Display - a 1991 Crown Victoria CHP cruiser. I've been running around looking at parts and whatever, but I haven't found much. The weather was pretty good this afternoon. Hopefully, I'll get out to see more of the cars and trucks on display on Sunday.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:40 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Hey Steve,
I'm coming up tomorrow about 8 or 9 i'll look for your car, perhaps we can meet up. I'll also be looking for members of the pa chapter of ftw. thanks for posting on the pa discussion thread.
joe

Old 06-04-2006, 07:29 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Yo Ford,
I hope you got some time in at the show. It was nice that you called on your way down, sorry about not being able to meet you there. Speeding on the turnpike in my wife's car, wanting to get there early, and i got nabbed. Her car had been at the dealer while the manufacturer was deciding on whether to repair the engine or not, consequently she didn't renew her registration. They repaired the engine(goes fast), i put new performance meats on it (drives smooth), oops! forgot registration. $222.00 tow fee later i got home with lots of tickets. State trooper said if i hadn't been speeding he wouldn't have pulled me over. First speeding stop in almost thirty years, have been stopped for other things, but not speeding. Oh well, time to act like an old man on the turnpike (never drive fast on city streets). So now i'll have to wait until Bloomsburg Jamboree in July and the All Truck Nationals at Carlisle in August. Maybe hit a couple of gtgs in between. Yes the vehicles will be registered. AAAnnnddd get my suspended license renewed. The things i endure for my love of trucks.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:05 PM
FordTuff1
Senior User
Well i must say i didnt like the event at all there was nothing there for trucks at all i seen like 6 nice trucks,there was 1 ford bronco there a 70yr old women owned it it was awesome truck sound system was awesome,but other then that i didnt like it to much at all,i want to goto a ford truck show that will be nice.Well no prob. on phone call soondg!!!!Joe)well maybe next meet there will be more people going,and it was a nice hike for me to get there man oh man!!!And not even worth it!!! If i owned a mustang it would have been great event!!!

Old 06-04-2006, 10:35 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Yeh tuf, last year i stayed for the whole weekend and there where a lot of vehicles, i think most people probably left early this year. i know there was a group of trucks fron the pa chapter of ftw there, i haven't checked posts to see if they stayed later or not. Bloomsburg 4x4 Jamboree is nothing but nice trucks and the All Truck Nationals have a lot. I like carlisle for parts. Hope we can hook up though at some gtg, sorry it wasn't that good for you today, normally there is a lot to see.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:21 AM
96P_Stroke4x4
Smokin'

i'll have to watch out for the state troopers on the turnpike more too..
i'll definately have to head out to carlisle for the all truck show. it's the only place i know of around me that has a dyno. over the weekend i drove up to a friend's house in new hampshire to install some stage 2 injectors in my truck. talk about throwing you back into the seat and smoking like a freight train i guess the next step for me is to upgrade the high pressure oil pump and a larger turbo

Old 06-05-2006, 01:46 PM
soondg
Postmaster
NO PROPANE! Nothing like a kick a** diesel at the stop light.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:18 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Hey 96,
You have to take your truck over to the parking lot near Harbor Freight and see if it will smoke the tires.

Quick Reply: Pa General Discussion