Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
mud boggs and drags

sat is the mud boggs and sun are the drags over at morrison,ill off I-88

Old 05-27-2006, 10:42 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
not going to make the morrison event, but this weekend I am going to Chillicothe MO on sunday for mud drags. this is a night race starts at 6PM.
Next weekend June 4th mud drags at Reasoner IA. racing starts at 1pm.

Old 05-28-2006, 09:26 AM
fordsrgrt
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
good luck on your racing this weekend rob.i scored a 4th place in my class yesterday in the boggs. today they have the drags going on here will try that out too later

Old 05-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Flareside94
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm planning on being there at Reasnor Rob. I'm going to a 21st birthday party the night before..so..we'll see what kind of shape I'm in, but I'll drag my butt there if only to lay on the hill and roast. Or be jack-****** as needed.

Old 05-29-2006, 04:09 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Well just got back from the races today. It wasn't a particularly good day for me. I don't have vids that are worth putting on here, my wife has this habit of filming the gaurd rail or grass when the truck gets out of shape. like my second race when the truck lifted the front tires and went right over the center medium between the tracks so I was running in the other guys track and up on the berm on his side. But I managed to pull a 5th out of the open class. Now modified was another story, still got out of shape up on the wall off the throttle back into the pit and missed the finish line lights by about 6", lost that race by about 2ft. Then i found my electrical gremillin I have been looking for the last 2 weeks that cost me atleast second place in open class at my home track, I shook wires, I rewired a lot of stuff got rid of all the old wiring that isn't hooked to anything anymore, and never found a problem well my second race in modified the truck died on my way to the starting line I looked down and the fuel pump light wasn't on, so I grabbed a spare fuse shoved it in there and nothing so thought my fuel pump had shorted out. Well since I had to scratch out I started looking hte wires over traced the wire all the way from the pump to the switch and all was good then I bumped the switch and the pump came on, verdict I have a flacky toggle switch if you hit it wrong it kicks off, but touch it just right and it comes back on so thats getting replaced tomorrow.
As far as the trans well it's time for a new one still don't have second gear but will hit third, not sure why it's got to be something in the case the valve body is right and this trans has given me to many problems so it's going away (good thing I have 3 spares just got to get the parts and build another one)
Big thing is the track got totally out of shape tonight to the point of bieng flat out dangerous. First race in open class the guy in the left lane did what I did and went over the medium berm into the other lane (he was the first to do it tonight, I was second and atleast one other did the same thing) but he didn't let off and dang near ran over the crowd within a couple of feet at full throttle. second race in this class the guy in the right lane got crossed up onto the berm on the right side. was an old jeep j20 pickup but definatly only the body of the jeep. Got it sideways skipped it a couple of times front tire dug in and flipped it HARD. Tore the front axle completely out of the thing ripped one tire off that axle, totalled the bed about hte only thing good about it was his roll cage held up but that truck is a mess.
It was bad enough my wife was asking me to just drop out before I ran, and she never has gotten scared of me running anywhere before.

Old 05-30-2006, 08:30 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rob... Sorry to hear that you had so many issues. Hopefully you can get them worked out and have a safe and fun rest of the year. Good Luck!

Old 05-30-2006, 10:25 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Thanks, my problems were limited to the switch, the rest was track related. By the time the got to the open class the track had gotten really bad, and was actually pretty dangerous for the big hp rigs, there was a lot of trucks getting out of shape, and it was actually some lower class trucks that moved up that won in modified, and even places in the top 5 in open. Biggest problem was the big horse power was allowing the front ends to get light or in the air and the track was so crooked you would instantly go into the wall, and the pits were only about 14-18" deep so easy to climb up and over.

Old 06-03-2006, 07:05 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Jacob if you make it to reasoner tomorrow, bring your helmet. I got the passengers seat and harness in, so you can go for a ride and find out how that truck should feel going through the pits.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Flareside94
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha guess I *didn't* need to see this. O_O