Another WVO question

Old 05-26-2006, 11:18 AM
troy1059
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another WVO question

Greasel.com sells a unit called the nomad. It appears one can just pull up to the old grease pit and pump wvo into the tank and drive off. The system seems to be fairly complete. I was curious if any of you have seen or heard about this system, any good points or bad points and if it is a good system does anyone make something comparable. At least with this, one doesn't have to gather the wvo and filter it at home before using it.

Old 05-26-2006, 05:30 PM
leskwvo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't used this product. But have read the info on the site.

Here is my opinion.

Point 1
Racor Aquabloc filters only block free water not suspended or emulsified. In #2 I believe you can't get emulsified or suspended water so these would work great for #2

Point 2
They never even suggest you test the fuel for suspended or emulsified water. I never put fuel in my tank unless I do a frying pan test on the oil.

Ther eis really no substitute for well settled dewatered oil. The best way to do that is through time and heat.

If I were going to use soemthing like this I would never go down very far in a drum or dumpster. I would never pump straight into the tank I feed my engine with and I would test for water.

Plus a 12 volt gear pump is about $125. A filter can't but maybe $300. SO you could build this yourself for less then $500 bucks

Search this Thread