Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

About time!

Old 05-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Flareside94
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About time!

So, I'm done with college here at Indian Hills in Centerville. Finally done with my AA (ok ok, it didn't take particularly long, just nice to be done with it). Finally get to leave Centerville. Actually, amazingly for the first time in over 6 years, I'll be moving back to Pleasantville and calling my childhood home, home, again (Mom got sick with cancer about that time). I get to commute to Oskaloosa until either the fall when I move into the dorms at William Penn U, or I decide to move into someplace in Osky. I'm transferring my job from Fareway in Cville to the one in Oskaloosa.

So..good news is I'll be pretty damn local to the mud drags now, Rob. Also be like 15-20 minutes closer to you, maybe I'll get those axles done someday lol. I won't do anything about the SAS until I'm closing in on not having to commute all the time. Don't need to lose too much mileage with a 45 minute commute on my hands, you know?

Hopefully we can also get a Central-to-Eastern Iowa meet put together again. I just felt like telling somebody I was done with my AA. I went to Kansas last week, and stupid me I'm thinking about even transferring to University of Kansas after the first term at Willie-P. Ah well.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:12 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well congrats on getting the first part done anyway. Missed you at the first mud drags this year oh well always next time.

Old 05-19-2006, 09:50 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on finishing, my wife just finished her LPN year, on to RN, then off to Marengo we go, where she will finish at the U of I, and I may be chasing after an engineering degree..
I was just in Osky a few weeks ago, had lunch there and moved on...

Old 05-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Flareside94
Senior User
Where'd you eat at? I miss Osky, I'm looking forward to returning. I really should find a place to live in Oskaloosa to save myself commuting costs for the summer. Plus...I'm kinda done with dorms. I was RA this last year, and its just a drag. Nice to have all the guys around though. We'll see.

Rob, I'll be local to all the rest pretty much. Be living in Pleasantville...what is that like less then a half-hour up the road? Sorry about the first one though, I had planned on it. My camera is screwed up, too.

Old 05-19-2006, 10:33 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
I stopped at the family restaurant over on the east side, forgot the name now, but not a bad place at all. It'd been a loong time since I was in Osky...over 10 years...

Old 05-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Flareside94
Senior User
I'm SO excited. I just logged in to my school account to check worriedly what my final GPA was, basically what I got for the final term. Coming out of Winter term I had exactly a 3.5GPA, and I have to have a 3.5 GPA to get my scholarships from William Penn when I go there. Well, I knew I had 1 A, and 1B so far, with 2 more classes waiting to see. One was a 1credit class required for graduation, so it wasn't really important, but the other one was the swinger. It was also the class that you had to have a 94 or better to get an A. Well, I ended up getting a 3.7! Awesome! I'm so excited, one of those "weights" being lifted off my shoulders ya know? Well, I'm gonna stop typing like a spaz now. Later!

Old 05-24-2006, 08:34 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Good job, always a pleasure to hear good news...

Search this Thread