New guy with a few Supervan questions..

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 01:37 PM
66supervan
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy with a few Supervan questions..

Been lurking for a few days since I "accidently" won a '66 Supervan. I was just wondering if there are any more websites with info, like production numbers or pictures? This is my first old Ford van, and I'm looking forward to getting it roadworthy...I'm amazed at how simple and cleanly designed it is.

It's a '66 extended panel van that has been parked since the 80's. It was originally purchased as a janitorial supply company van, and the side lettering is still visible, apparently it's only had one repaint. It is an automatic with the 240, and save for the missing mirrors and battery cover, appears to be complete and untouched.

This site has been a great help getting me up to speed to make heads or tails out of my new purchase, and I look forward to learning more as I get in to it.

Are there any things in particular that I need to pay attention to, or look closely at? Any problem areas that are hard to deal with?
Also, if you had an old panel van, would you restore it back to it's delivery status, or have fun with it and add some mags and some carpet?

Old 05-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Texas Cop Car
Junior User
Issues

Just dive in...when you get to a stopper...ask, and someone will have the answer. As for the Look, I would restore it as a delivery van outside, and comfortable inside. Everyone has a ******* Waggon, Dare to be Different.

Old 05-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Jimbare
all alone in the world
WOOHOO!!!!! NEW MEAT!!!!!

welcome supervan. post your vin and the 3 lines from your data plate and i will decode it for you.

what kind of questions you got? ask away and we will help you to the best of our ability, or mabey even a little more!

Old 05-16-2006, 06:54 PM
66supervan
New User
Thanks, I will post the info when I can put my eyes on it. I just scooped it up with my other van and a tow dolly last night, and stuffed it off at my buddy's farm for a few weeks. I am getting ready to go out of town for a bit, and won't be back to visit it until June or July, but I am wanting to start buying parts for it while I wait.

Where is a good place to get brake stuff, wheel bearings, etc? or a battery cover? I just ordered a Mac's catalog...

Old 05-16-2006, 11:08 PM
j-md
Senior User
Brake stuff should be available at your local parts store but don't ask for a '67 Master Cylinder ... if they have one you'll probably have to sleep with somebody or something you don't want to, to get it ... I just ordered the master cylinder(s) rebuild kits from Dennis Carpenter ... and yes I just acquired an entire '67 brake switch over complete with master, brake pedal, wiring harness, idiot light, porportioning valve and floor inspection plate ... in addition to a front disc conversion set up. I paid my way out of sleeping for it ... lol

As far as questions go ... this forum and the people in it are great ... just ask away ...

Last edited by j-md; 05-16-2006 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:36 AM
briank
Mountain Pass
You may want to join the group called oldeconolines at yahoogroups.com.